Hemi Cuda takes on Hemi Road Runner - Faster Than you would Expect on Bias Plys

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that's actually extremely impressive, those old 426 HEMIs are no joke still to the day. And it's badass seeing them actually drag racing

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member
I think they run in a class called "FAST" Factory appearing, stock tire. So there can be a little work done to them, not much. Close to OEM cam specs and the factory carbs can be jetted etc.... But I'm not 100% sure.

jleews6

Established Member
I think they run in a class called "FAST" Factory appearing, stock tire. So there can be a little work done to them, not much. Close to OEM cam specs and the factory carbs can be jetted etc.... But I'm not 100% sure.

They can do pretty much anything they want as long as it looks stock. Some of the faster cars in the class are 600 CI aluminum rod motors with big roller cams,ported heads ECT. In other words they are 20 plus thousand dollar motors that look stock.:lol1:

Kiohtee

Established Member
They can do pretty much anything they want as long as it looks stock. Some of the faster cars in the class are 600 CI aluminum rod motors with big roller cams,ported heads ECT. In other words they are 20 plus thousand dollar motors that look stock.:lol1:

I was about to say, these old cars run much faster than I thought. :burnout:

jleews6

Established Member
I was about to say, these old cars run much faster than I thought. :burnout:

Haha no kidding. Some of these cars run in the nines at over 140on those little bias ply tires and they look totally stock.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Haha no kidding. Some of these cars run in the nines at over 140on those little bias ply tires and they look totally stock.

That's just crazy man!

I'm actually really interested in your DW '15 setup. How far along are you with it?

jleews6

Established Member
That's just crazy man!

I'm actually really interested in your DW '15 setup. How far along are you with it?

Progress is slow but getting there. I have the motor I just need to assemble it. I have the trans and converter (T400 and PTC converter) Im going to build the turbo kit in the next few weeks. It should be running by the end of June.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
There are a least two classes of F.A.S.T. cars. In one class "which is probably what those cars were" it must remain all stock. No modifications at all. I was at the Mopar Nationals and got to see a couple of these cars run. They will tear down the motor and inspect everything. It must not have any marks anywhere from grinding among other requirements and they are very strict about it.
The car that belonged to the guy giving me the info on the class went 11.50 @ 122.54 with a 1.848 60ft time and by the way that was its first trip down the track. It had just been restored and looked every bit a 1000 pt show car.
The second class, you are allowed all the mods as long as it looks stock. You can port the internals change cam shafts etc. I am not sure if headers are allowed. The same guy that owned the car that I was talking about raced in that class and held the record for the class with a 9 something.
I am telling you, if you saw one of these cars at a car show you would expect nothing like this out of them at all. They are perfect show cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely impressive times with those tires. I always love watching old school muscle bashing heads. Good race! The Road Runner launched nicely from what I could see.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
:rockon: I had heard that that class was pretty much anything goes internally

Internal modifications are technically alloud in FAST, but within reason. For instance, the car has to idle like it would have in stock form. You're also limited to using the correct heads for the engine of the car, which has to be correct to the car.

Basically, what the FAST series does is force it's participants to squeak as much power and quickest ET out of a fundamentally stock appearing car.

http://www.fastraces.org/members/fa...641ea0eecc86e4048525728f00424bf5!OpenDocument

Most cars from that era didn't run like that, but they could given engine and suspension tuning and a few bolt on parts.

Users who are viewing this thread