Here it is Shelby GT

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
there so much misinformation on this thread it is worthless.

the shelby gt is not 44k. well i guess it could be if you offer and pay that much for it!

ford added 3k to price of the mustang gt before it leaves for vegas, for what? ever wonder why the base mustang gt cost 27k, but when you order a base mustang gt that will go to shelby ford is charging 30k?

shelby price is for the power packs, look, gas tax, and profit just like any other after market company. shelby is not over charging for anything. just look at roush, saleen, steeda mustangs. with all thier intake, exhaust, springs mustangs they are 40k and above.

the shelby gt cost more because of it takes two company's to build it. if ford built the shelby gt complete it would cost 3k less and take at least another year for it to hit the market.

:bs:

Having two companies build it is correct ONLY in the sense that Ford builds 100% of the car and Shelby replaces 1% of those 100% stock parts. Anyway you do the math you are paying $4K for a 1% part replacement and a $4K tin ID plate with CS's signature on it. All the mods that Shelby makes do NOT cost $8K or even $4K to do. All the mods can be done for around $3.5K at worst. The remaining money is paying for having the CS autograph on the car.

This is exactly like the "Chic" jeans of the 1970's. Stupid girls were paying $60 to $70 for a pair of jeans that were only worth $10 with a 2-inch "Chic" monogram on the pocket.

The only misinformation floating around here is some people's delusion about what they are really getting for your money - and that's nothing remotely worth the $8K above the MSRP!

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
44K for what? Suspension, wheels, did they do any brake work.. I doubt it... and a body kit with a CAI and tune. No thank you sir. I would go out and find a Gt and do all of that on my own before I would buy that. Even if it cost me more in the end due to paint, etc. I know that what I finished with would be light years ahead of that. True, it is a true Shelby, and that will be worth paying the coin to 99% of the people that buy it. I just can't see myself pulling the cold bore trigger for that price. IMO the price is dead on until the 5K adm. That is a really steep ADM for a GT. At least with the GT500 you were getting a 500 crank hp car that in a few hours could be turned into a 550+ rwhp monster. The ADMs on the 500 pissed me off enough, but I can understand it a lot better on the 500 than I can the SGT.

-Jeff

You said it all. :rockon:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
You can do nearly every performance mod, and then some from right here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/performancepackages/performancepackages.asp

It is pretty much all of the same stuff.

I did my own as I listed above somewhere and came out way ahead in quality, appearance and HP/TQ results. But I guess by not having the Shelby tin signature plate I must be losing out on about 50 RWHP but what the hell man, deluding oneself is this decade's favorite hobby. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Honestly the ONLY time Ford offered a performance package that DIDNT cost more then teh package if you bought it yourself was the ZX2 S/R. Every Ford racing part for the car, from the factory, for less then the cost of the parts individually, and you got them under warrenty.

$1495 for the pkg: FR PCM, springs, struts, intake, borla exhasut, shifter, few interior upgrades, full ES suspention set, INSTALLED. The parts alone totaled more then the price of the pkg.

chuckstang

Established Member
You guys are forgetting though, the Shelby GT comes with a 3 year 36k mile or even more and if you mod your own GT Mustang, you have no warranty!
just playing devils advocate

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
You guys are forgetting though, the Shelby GT comes with a 3 year 36k mile or even more and if you mod your own GT Mustang, you have no warranty!
just playing devils advocate

Why wouldn't you have a warranty? Each part that you purchase to replace the stock part will have a warranty all of it's own, and every part that is left in OEM condition will still have the original warranty. That is unless you supercharge it or something. But we really are not talking about taking things that far.

-Jeff

chuckstang

Established Member
Ford Racing parts do not come with a warranty. Check out the pdf file on the website, it cleary states that. Also every part I have purchased says right on the receipt, off road use only or no warranty!!!
Im not saying this 100% accuracy but that is just what it says on my 07 catalog

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
:bs:

Having two companies build it is correct ONLY in the sense that Ford builds 100% of the car and Shelby replaces 1% of those 100% stock parts.

regardless of what they do, how much effort goes into each car, or the cost of the parts, the shelby gt is built in two different plants. by splitting the build process up cost will go up. 2 companys want to make money know not just one. and this does not even take into the account all the extra shipping that needs to be covered in the cost of the vehicle. if the shelby gt were put together completely by ford overhead would be a lot lower!

how much does a stage 1 cost? does saleen build a base mustang gt anymore? does steeda build a base(intake springs exhaust) mustang, how much do they charge? show me where an after market mustang builder will build a mustang gt with intake, exhaust and suspunsion components for under 40k with thier name on the car?

edit:
roush stage 1 - additional $9k includes wheels
saleen s281(non blower) - $43k for the entire car
steeda q - additional $9k
shelby gt - additional $7k + $1k gas tax

show me where shelby is out of line because they are so much more expensive than its competitors? looks to me they are all about the same price!

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
regardless of what they do, how much effort goes into each car, or the cost of the parts, the shelby gt is built in two different plants. by splitting the build process up cost will go up. 2 companys want to make money know not just one. and this does not even take into the account all the extra shipping that needs to be covered in the cost of the vehicle. if the shelby gt were put together completely by ford overhead would be a lot lower!

how much does a stage 1 cost? does saleen build a base mustang gt anymore? does steeda build a base(intake springs exhaust) mustang, how much do they charge? show me where an after market mustang builder will build a mustang gt with intake, exhaust and suspunsion components for under 40k with thier name on the car?

edit:
roush stage 1 - additional $9k includes wheels
saleen s281(non blower) - $43k for the entire car
steeda q - additional $9k
shelby gt - additional $7k + $1k gas tax

show me where shelby is out of line because they are so much more expensive than its competitors? looks to me they are all about the same price!

OK I can see your points but I think there is plenty of room to say it is more than likely a bit of both of the ways we each see it. Let's just leave it at that.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Ford Racing parts do not come with a warranty. Check out the pdf file on the website, it cleary states that. Also every part I have purchased says right on the receipt, off road use only or no warranty!!!
Im not saying this 100% accuracy but that is just what it says on my 07 catalog

I read that if you have any of the various Ford Racing packs installed by a Ford dealer the car's warranty is alledgedly respected. Anyone can confirm that?

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Why wouldn't you have a warranty? Each part that you purchase to replace the stock part will have a warranty all of it's own, and every part that is left in OEM condition will still have the original warranty. That is unless you supercharge it or something. But we really are not talking about taking things that far.

-Jeff
I'm not sure if it's still true, but in years past, even if you bought a stock replacement, if it failed and it was not installed by a dealership or certified mech the warranty was void.
Jeff

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
OK I can see your points but I think there is plenty of room to say it is more than likely a bit of both of the ways we each see it. Let's just leave it at that.

i never once said the shelby is not expensive. it is. it cost more money than i would pay. like i said before i was thinking that i nicely outfitted(leather, int upgrade and 500 stereo) shelby gt would be in the 35k range. with the no option shelby gt being sold for 33k(this would be the one i purchased). however a shelby gt with those options will cost you 39k+ gas tax. i do like the fact that ford offered a no option option. by i never dreamed it would be 37k + gas tax.

asperformance

Banned
Just so you know, when you buy a Shelby G.T you get a Warranty Pack from Shelby Motors, This warranty covers the Parts installed, and clearly states you have to rund 93 Octain fuel. As for CobrKinaguy, Wasn't trying to be mean you started the whole thing with mt, so if I offended you I truly opologize. You say their is no way the Shelby G.T makes 320 at the wheel, but yet you have the same mods on your 06 G.T and it put down 320 Somethin, just my 02.

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Ford racing parts are often NOT the best in the market, that and he has SCT instead of just a PCM with a timing and a/f tweak.

That doesnt mean I know where he should dyno though.

Last edited:
Well what you think happened back in the 60s,with the shelby GT350/500. The same exact same thing . Ford sent these 1965/1966/1967/1968/Mustangs to Shelby America in California,and he up graded to what we are also looking at today. Eigther you want one or you don't. If not you have the option on another vehicle. Not meant to be harsh,but just too much nonsense sometimes on this site. Just my opnion.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Well i have some good news. My father just went to a local dealership and put a down paymnet on a black one with the 5speed.... Here is the kicker, they don't even know what the car is and are selling it to my dad for 36K in writing.
When we asked if it was the shelby they said "no... it doesn't have a supercharger" I think they thought we were asking if it was a GT500.

When it comes down to it though you could easily buy a regular GT and mod it for a lot less, but when it comes down to it the Shelby GT will hold its value a lot more than a modded GT and when you are at shows people will stare at the Shelby not the modded GT.

I said the same thing when i went and looked at a white one at an SVT dealership invoiced for 44K. I was like its nice.... but not 44K nice. I sat in my cobra for 27k with 6000 miles on it, thats a lot of car for the money. The Shelby is more of a collectors car than a bang for the buck car like the 03' and 04' Cobras.

:banana:

Last edited:

03SBSVT

Banned
posi said:
I don't know where else to post this so here it goes. Tri-County Ford outside of Louisville, Ky. 502-241-7333. Has a new Black with Gray stripes Shelby GT for this amount.
STICKER 30,790
SHELBY PACKAGE 7,390
GAS GUZZLER 1,000
MARKET ADJ. 5,000
TOTAL PURCHASE 44,180

I don't know if this is a good deal but if anyone is interested give them a call! Although their GT500's are still going for like 12,000 over. Damn it! 5,000 over on one of them would be interesting! Again I don't know if it's worth it but there it is.
ahahah Shelby can lick my nuts, for 44k I'll have a GT500!!!!!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Well what you think happened back in the 60s,with the shelby GT350/500. The same exact same thing . Ford sent these 1965/1966/1967/1968/Mustangs to Shelby America in California,and he up graded to what we are also looking at today. Eigther you want one or you don't. If not you have the option on another vehicle. Not meant to be harsh,but just too much nonsense sometimes on this site. Just my opnion.

There was alot more done to the classic year cars than just the usual bolt-ons that are being done to the new model 350's. You are comparing apples and oranges when comparing the new with the old classic Shelby's.

Users who are viewing this thread