HID 6000Ks are installed with pics

TK Doom

Established Member
Well, they definitely installed properly, but the flash to pass does not work when the lights are on...only when they are not.

They look fabulous, however, I am a bit annoyed over lack of OEM functionality...would it of impacted my decision to buy, I don't know. I read the whole thread and didn't see anything about a LACK of functionality, so I'm not blaming anyone per se. Just kinda annoying. But they DO look great.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
Well got my 5000k bi-xenon kit installed tonight. They are PERFECT. About 97% white, 3% blue. NO YELLOW! They are exactly what I wanted. I'll post pics when I can get a decent camera lol. They are too bright to take a pic with my iPhone :rolling:

rewinder

Established Member
Flash to Pass

Just got my 6000k hi/lo kit. Now I'm concerned about the previous posters lack of Flash to Pass operation with the lights on. Did you notice a similar problem?

RussZTT

Established Member
Just got my 6000k hi/lo kit. Now I'm concerned about the previous posters lack of Flash to Pass operation with the lights on. Did you notice a similar problem?
I'm about to order the same kit and now concerned with this also...

RussZTT

Established Member
Screw it, I ordered a set anyway. $285 shipped for the Hi/Low and fogs, 6000K with HID GUY. :rockon:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Well, they definitely installed properly, but the flash to pass does not work when the lights are on...only when they are not.

They look fabulous, however, I am a bit annoyed over lack of OEM functionality...would it of impacted my decision to buy, I don't know. I read the whole thread and didn't see anything about a LACK of functionality, so I'm not blaming anyone per se. Just kinda annoying. But they DO look great.

Not sure what you are talking about:shrug:, the "Flash to pass" works on my hi-low set-up. If I understand the concept, I am able to flash between my high/lo no problem...
I'm confused. Is it not working on the single kit?
Subscribing

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
I just got my hi/low kit from hid guy and plugged everything in. I don't know what this flash to pass is. I can switch between high and low w/o any problems. Just like stock.

TK Doom

Established Member
Not sure what you are talking about:shrug:, the "Flash to pass" works on my hi-low set-up. If I understand the concept, I am able to flash between my high/lo no problem...
I'm confused. Is it not working on the single kit?
Subscribing

Flash to pass on mine only works with the lights off, with them on, it doesn't work...simple.

Flash to pass is when you pull back on the turn indicator lever, versus pushing forward to engage fulll time brights.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Got my Hi/low with fogs installed. I talked to them about the flash to pass. They said its really only an issue for the 03-04 Cobra's and not other vehicles. He said about 80% of them doesn't work, its a hit or miss type thing. He did say they are working to find out the reason why its doing this. Everyone that purchased the kit from them is on a list, when there is a fix we will all get an email about it. I'm glad I went with the 6K, looks amazing on a white Cobra.

Last edited:

beerMuscles03

Established Member
I have the 6k hi/lo kit and its great. I did have to swap the 2 wires in the connector to get part of it working - took 2 minutes.

I don't think i've ever used the flash to pass in any car I've had, I don't really see this as a big deal.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I just istalled the 5000K fog light kit and head light hi-low kit and had the same issue with the high-low beams being reversed. Switched the white and blue wires on the head light bulb connector from the new harness and all is good. Also noticed the flash to pass did not work. I figured out what the issue is and fixed it. The problem is when the flass to pass is engaged, both the high and low beams are energized. When both are energized, the module will not change from low to high. The fix is to install a SPDT relay in the head light wiring just past the connector. Wire the relay so when the high beam wire becomes energized it breaks the connection on the low beam wire. This works great and is a very easy and cheap fix.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
I just istalled the 5000K fog light kit and head light hi-low kit and had the same issue with the high-low beams being reversed. Switched the white and blue wires on the head light bulb connector from the new harness and all is good. Also noticed the flash to pass did not work. I figured out what the issue is and fixed it. The problem is when the flass to pass is engaged, both the high and low beams are energized. When both are energized, the module will not change from low to high. The fix is to install a SPDT relay in the head light wiring just past the connector. Wire the relay so when the high beam wire becomes energized it breaks the connection on the low beam wire. This works great and is a very easy and cheap fix.
Which relay did you use? Got a pic of it installed?

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I used a standard bosch type automotive relay. The SPDT (single poll, double throw) will have 5 terminals on it instead of 4 that everyone is used to. You can find them at most electronics stores, auto parts stores or places like summit, jegs, etc. Sorry no pics. I installed every thing to be hidden/look factory so I would have to pull a bunch of stuff apart to take pics. It is really hard to tell I have them just by looking under the hood. Wired: terminal number: 85= ground, 86= tapped into the high beam wire, 30= low beam wire from vehicle, 87a= low beam wire from hi/low module. When the high beams are energized, the relay will also be energized and cut power to the low beams. This will enable the module to now switch from low to high. When the high beams are de-energized, the relay will close and power will be restored to the low beams.

Users who are viewing this thread