HID headlight install pics.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
headlights and fogs

i am considering getting hid's for mine ... i will be wanting the 5000k

so at ddmtuning.com i will be needing to order for the headlights, 35w 5000k 9007 hi/low bulbs with no extra harness or eliminators

and for the fogs i will need the 35w 5000k h10 bulbs with no extra harness or eliminators

and they both will be plug and play, correct?

04svtsnke

Established Member
hey guys, I have my battery located in the trunk, is there any other power source i can use so i dont have to run wires all the way to the trunk?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
i am considering getting hid's for mine ... i will be wanting the 5000k

so at ddmtuning.com i will be needing to order for the headlights, 35w 5000k 9007 hi/low bulbs with no extra harness or eliminators

and for the fogs i will need the 35w 5000k h10 bulbs with no extra harness or eliminators

and they both will be plug and play, correct?

Correct. :beer:

ilovespeed

Established Member
Great post man, I been thinking about getting a HID kit for the longest and now I'm all in. Can't beat it for 55 bucks. The only thing that's weird is that I didn't see anything on their website for replacement bulbs. I dunno, maybe I missed it.

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
hey guys, I have my battery located in the trunk, is there any other power source i can use so i dont have to run wires all the way to the trunk?

You won't have to run wires to your batt. You just plug into your headlight connector. It's ridiculously easy.

vipergts281

Established Member
Installed the headlights, 5000K, in my Cobra today.

Maybe I did something wrong, but when I flip to highbeams, the light output gets worse! When I did this I was parked and there was a truck about 15 feet in front of me, so I'll have to try it tomorrow when I'm actually driving and nothing is blocking my view.

But I swear the light output gets way worse when I hit the highbeams. :??:

Anyone else notice this? Maybe the wires (that went into the blue plug) need to be reversed?

VT4ever

Established Member
Installed the headlights, 5000K, in my Cobra today.

Maybe I did something wrong, but when I flip to highbeams, the light output gets worse! When I did this I was parked and there was a truck about 15 feet in front of me, so I'll have to try it tomorrow when I'm actually driving and nothing is blocking my view.

But I swear the light output gets way worse when I hit the highbeams. :??:

Anyone else notice this? Maybe the wires (that went into the blue plug) need to be reversed?

Maybe you got the high and low beam wires reversed. I did that by accident the first time.

vipergts281

Established Member
Maybe you got the high and low beam wires reversed. I did that by accident the first time.
That's what I'm thinking. I installed them the way they are in the picture in the OP.

Although, if I do have them reversed, that means the light output, imo, isn't that great.

I'll have to look into it more tomorrow night.

SpectorV

Established Member
I just purchased my hids from ddm tuning as well have the same set up hi/lo in 5000k also ordered the fogs in 5000k total shipped to Ga was $103.00, for those wanting to get an idea of the total price for the entire set-up got shipped today hope to have them and in by the weekend.

mine shipped out like 7 days ago, you probably wont get them for many more days, check the shipping status... my last update was somewhere in China...

vipergts281

Established Member
I looked at my lights again tonight, they are definitely reversed.

How did you fix it on yours? Is it those 3 wires that we have to plug into the blue connector?

This sucks because I wasn't overly impressed with the brightness...and here it was on high beams as well. :(

KCRN12

Established Member
Any adverse effects on our crappy alternators?

No. HIDs draw less current than your factory bulbs. The ballast regulates the voltage and the igniter (the other little box between the ballast and the bulbs) is what ignites the bulbs (turns them on). There will actually be less stress on your charging system when running HIDs.

KCRN12

Established Member

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Great deal. Thanks for posting this, I've been wanting a HID kit and the price before seemed a bit excessive, plus I've been discontent with the stock light output, so now that you posted this, I went and ordered my Hi/Lo Kit and a Fog kit as well in 5k. $104.37 shipped is a good deal. I can't wait to see how it looks driving down the road, the better illumination will be greatly appreciated

EDIT: For the poster below:

HID.jpg

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
For the record, the picture the OP posted [shown below] is showing the wires hooked up wrong.

The brown is right. The blue and white have to be swapped though. If you hook them up like the picture below, your high and low beams will be reversed.

Also, if you are going to order these, GET THE FOG LIGHTS AS WELL. I wasn't overly impressed with just the headlights. A few days later I got around to installing my fogs. A little better. But overall, I'm still a little disappointed. Guess I expected too much from HID's.

Then again, our headlights aren't built for them. There is a TON of scatter.

Also, I got the 5000K bulbs. They have a SLIGHT hint of blue in them. So if you want a slight hint of blue, get them. If you want white, go lower. More blue, go higher.

Install is pretty easy. But can be a little frustrating mounting the ballasts and running the wires so everything looks neat.

REMEMBER - Reverse the blue and white wires.
IMG_1501.jpg

Last edited:

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
So you're saying you have to reverse the wires if you go with the hi-beam/regular headlight kit?

I just want to get the 9007/hb 55watt 5000k for the headlights

and the H10 35w 6000k for the fogs.

No modification required right ?

ALSO, the guys that installed the hid kits for the fogs too, where did you place the ballasts for the fog lights?

vipergts281

Established Member
So you're saying you have to reverse the wires if you go with the hi-beam/regular headlight kit?
Yes, in that picture above, the white and blue have to swap places.

I just want to get the 9007/hb 55watt 5000k for the headlights

and the H10 35w 6000k for the fogs.

No modification required right ?
I got the 35W.

No, no modification. It's a pretty easy install. The hardest part is finding a spot to mount the ballast and running the wires so it looks neat/no pinching.

ALSO, the guys that installed the hid kits for the fogs too, where did you place the ballasts for the fog lights?
They are even easier to install. Minus the crawling under the car part.

I just mounted mine on the inside of the bumper, right under the fog light. There is plenty of room and it's nice and flat. You'll see once you're under there.

Users who are viewing this thread