HID headlight install pics.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Well after reading a few threads about the HID kits out there, I went with the DDMTUNING.COM kit. And I'm glad I did. It was a straight forward and simple kit to install, Everything was plug and play. I ordered the DDM 35w slim line ballast kit, with (9007 hi/lo) 5000K bulbs. One there website there is an option for a HID Harness, and Error Eliminator harnesses which you will not need for our application. Here are some photos of my install which took about an hour start to finish. I did take my time to make sure it was as clean of a install as i could make it. I hate wires everywhere, it must be nice an tight. the entire kit was around $55.00. Im very impressed with the quality of the product, and the NICE white light, with just a hint of blue that it puts out. I hope this will help anyone out who might consider this little project

photo1-1.jpg

Complete kit as it arrived from DDM
photo2-1.jpg

The 9007 hi/lo bulb direct replacement for our factory cobra bulbs
photo3-1.jpg

DDM 35w ballast
IMG_1487.jpg

removed the headlights and radiator cover
IMG_1494.jpg

I mounted the supplied relay,and ballast infront of the battery. all the wiring was shrink wrapped then had conduet covering all of the wires.nice set
IMG_1501.jpg

The kit comes with a factory male style plug that fits directly into the factory headlight plug.
IMG_1497.jpg

comparison between the factory bulb(left), DDM HID(right)
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo quality (iphone 4),

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
after the road trip i just took, driving at night showed me how much i hate the stock bulbs.....may be time to check these out!
yours look great!

wjk

Established Member
Looks like a nice kit. I'm thinking about doing this as well.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Entire kit for $55? I thought these use to cost over $200. I may need to look into doing this.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Gibsonboy: the Fog lights are going to be next. That will definetly make a difference.
I will post up a picture from inside the car.

red351wcobra

Established Member
$55 then of course your shipping. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.Other member here have this same kit. I don't think there is any negative feedback.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
looks good, looks like a nice kit.

I have had HID's in my car for two years now..I matched the fogs with the headlights and it makes a huge difference. I really don't need to use my headlights at all anymore.

Alot of people don't like retrofitting HID's in stock housing...but the difference in light out put is tremendous

jjscobra18

Established Member
I just purchased my hids from ddm tuning as well have the same set up hi/lo in 5000k also ordered the fogs in 5000k total shipped to Ga was $103.00, for those wanting to get an idea of the total price for the entire set-up got shipped today hope to have them and in by the weekend.

Evan5469

Established Member
I have the exact same kit on mine but also have their foglights in 5K as well and I couldn't be happier. The install is extremely simple, like you said. The thing that took me the longest to do was figuring out where I wanted to mount the ballasts. They are ridiculously brighter than stock halogens. Money well spent. :thumbsup:

chinitowest

Established Member
What is the bulb number for the fogs that you used off there site? Is the 880?

I just did my fogs and the bulb was an H10/9145. I'd suggest you look at what you have before you order. I didn't and ordered the incorrect bulbs. I went off what I found on the internet and picked up the incorrect bulbs.

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Another one chiming in with 9007 for heads and H10 for fogs.

The DDM kit is nicely put together, and I might be alone on this one, but I really can't stand the whole HID fad. They look cool on cars that are supposed to have em, and really aren't significantly better, just brighter.

The light output (although most HID haters bitch about the cutoff) is decent, but without having the proper projector lenses the light scatters everywhere. The best way to describe it is it looks like the headlights are never aligned right. I just took mine out and I'm going back to Silverstar Ultras...

Predatorbird - I'm in N Sarasota and have a slim H10 kit (not sure if they fit the 99-01's) and a 9007 single beam kit, both are supposed to be 5000k (however the headlights look a touch blue and the fogs do not). If you want to see if you like em and try em out send me a PM, the install takes about 20 mins.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
very nice !!!! i need to repalce my kit cause they got messed up when the car got flooded so i`m going to need a set :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread