HID headlight install pics.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I ordered a set of hids for the Cobra, both headlights, and fogs from vvme. I got the set for $89 shipped. I went with 5000k on both heads and fogs.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Ordered my HIDS for my headlights and foglights from venemousstanz.net. Its basically the HID_Guy kit. I went with the 6000k, should get them on monday. I cant wait!

GJL44

Could someone post a picture of a stock cobra bulb next to the HID bulb? I'm trying to figure out if there is any bad scattering of light using HID bulbs in a halogen housing.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Could someone post a picture of a stock cobra bulb next to the HID bulb? I'm trying to figure out if there is any bad scattering of light using HID bulbs in a halogen housing.

There ALWAYS will be, no need for pics to prove it lol. BUT, with that said, it'll still be 1 MILLION times better than OEM shit bulbs.

GJL44

Oh I couldn't agree with you more...once you go HID you never go back lol. I have them on my WRX but I had to buy STi housings cuz I didn't want to blind other people lol.

vipergts281

Established Member
Tons of scatter.

I'll try to get a video sometime soon in case anyone is curious what they are like.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
ive been having some issues with my headlights from hidguy, i have the hi/lo controller and at first the headlights would flicker it looked like the highs and lows were switching by themselves and now the driverside headlight goes on and off by itself. im pretty irritated. ive checked and there are no loose grounds or wires wtf gives.

RussZTT

Established Member
I just installed this exact kit on a friends Cobra. Fogs didn't work. Was getting power to the box but no power out of it.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
I just installed this exact kit on a friends Cobra. Fogs didn't work. Was getting power to the box but no power out of it.

That sucks man. I just installed mine and it looks frickin great. I absolutely love it.

I will do the fogs this week too, didnt have time to jack up the car and what not for fogs yesterday.

Blueline

Established Member
Did you call him? I installed mine from hidguy and they are working pretty good. Install was a piece of cake and they are working good. :shrug:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Check out vvme.com if hid guy sucks.. iv run 2 sets of vvme.. over 40k on my last set.. still work amazing I just lost the color lol 55w 10k

vipergts281

Established Member
Anyone know what part this is called? Obviously the one with the red arrow pointing to it.

One of my ballasts fell off while driving. Bought a new one off ebay ($15 shipped) but when I went to install it I realized it didn't have that part (in the picture).

I emailed DDM, they said my best bet was to buy a motorcycle hid kit. I think it is like $25. But they want $15 for shipping as well...because it's coming from China I assume.

DDM.jpg

Ukfox89

Established Member
ordered my head light and foglight kit from DDMtuning. except mine was $128 shipped. was $65 for the head lights and $45 for the fog lights. guess they went up in price. i didnt get any of the extra wire kits or anything,. just the high/low bulb 6k and fog 6k. super excited to see what they look like. factory cobra highs suck.

Users who are viewing this thread