HID headlight install pics.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Vipergts281: I'm curious to see what the difference is between the 55w,and 35w output. If I dont like it I have another car I can out them I'm.

Rich Gill: I ordered the DDM 35w slim line ballast kit, with (9007 hi/lo) 5000K bulbs for the headlights, and another DDM 35w slim line ballast kit, with H10 bulbs for the fogs. On there website there is an option for a HID Harness, and Error Eliminator harnesses which you will not need for our application. So just order the kit and that's it.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Vipergts281: I'm curious to see what the difference is between the 55w,and 35w output. If I dont like it I have another car I can out them I'm.

Rich Gill: I ordered the DDM 35w slim line ballast kit, with (9007 hi/lo) 5000K bulbs for the headlights, and another DDM 35w slim line ballast kit, with H10 bulbs for the fogs. On there website there is an option for a HID Harness, and Error Eliminator harnesses which you will not need for our application. So just order the kit and that's it.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I seen/heard of "off-roaders" putting the 55W in some of their lighting (KC etc.)

HOLY BRIGHT! But they are all metal housing s I believe, with no chance of melting anything.

04GTMustang

Established Member
Red351: So your not having any problem with the 35w high/low 9007 bulbs without the eliminators?

03cobrah

Established Member
THANKS for the pics op im prolly going to get the kit you got. do you have to point the bulb down or something as not to glare in the face of other vehicles on the road? i would hate to get pulled over for these lights

red351wcobra

Established Member
You Do not need any adapter harnesses, just order the Kit thats for a Ford that way you get the correct plug that fits your factory headlight plug

03Cobra: you don't have to change how your lights are aimed. We are just I stalling a different bulb. The Reflector in the headlight housing is what dictates where the light is projected. We should be just fine

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
THANKS for the pics op im prolly going to get the kit you got. do you have to point the bulb down or something as not to glare in the face of other vehicles on the road? i would hate to get pulled over for these lights

I had to 'point down' my HIDs in my truck, but have had ZERO problems in my cars.

04GTMustang

Established Member
You Do not need any adapter harnesses, just order the Kit thats for a Ford that way you get the correct plug that fits your factory headlight plug

03Cobra: you don't have to change how your lights are aimed. We are just I stalling a different bulb. The Reflector in the headlight housing is what dictates where the light is projected. We should be just fine

Hope it works out ok. I got these:

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

I selected 5000K, 35w, 9007 hi/low. That's all I did. Came to 55 + ship

Ralo

Established Member
I have dual beam headlight plus foglight in my snake from hidguy. I put the kit with the large ballast in my truck from ddm and it didn't take long before a ballast was out. I always forgot to call them about it though

I lowered my lights a little after the install too but it wasn't too bad before. A friend has hids in his 07 and I guess they are just aimed a little high but that are pretty killer when he's coming your way

Last edited:

red351wcobra

Established Member
I think it will be to blue. You can tell that there is blue in the 5K kit. Just my opinion. Stick with the 4,or 5K and you will be happy

04GTMustang

Established Member
Took my first night cruise tonight with my stock headlight lamps and HID VVME 35w 6000k Fogs, and holy CRAP they are awesome. What a huge difference it makes lighting up the lines in the road and the peripherals are much much better. I cant wait to do my 5000k hi and low beams.

The 6000K fogs i got are honestly a very pure white with the slightest hint of blue. I am very picky about not having too much blue as well and they are perfectly fine. The 5000k headlights and 6000k fogs should be pretty close and have a neat little contrast going on.

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
I'm about to pick up a new set of smoked headlights from americanmuscle. Is there a set that would work best with HID's?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Looks good OP!

Love my HIDs! I have 6,000k and they look perfect with my sonic blue.

Going to order a set for my DD.

SRTLover88

I just purchased my hid bulb from ddm tuning as well have the same set up hi/lo in 5000k also ordered the fogs in 5000k total shipped to Ga was $103.00, for those wanting to get an idea of the total price for the entire set-up got shipped today hope to have them and in by the weekend.

Damn, $103 that's a lot of money... Well, that sounds awesome bro I would love to see some pictures if your car after you put on the kits.

Spoolx

Established Member
So I was thinking about HID's but I was wondering, why not just run around with the high beams on instead?

Users who are viewing this thread