HID's

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
fixed it. i had to take off the ddm plug because it wouldnt fit tight enough and the lights would only work half the time or flicker. I just plugged the pins directly into the oem harness and it works perfect.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
i installed mine on tuesday and i have to say they look very nice. the quality is definetly there ill post some pics tomorrow when i load them off of the camera. i guess only time will tell from here

venomous99

Established Member
lets see some light output from some of these budget kits.

i prefer a nice crisp factory type output as seen here. i went w/ one of their retro kits with fx35 projectors. it is a bit more than the $100 kits but there is no comparison on the end result.
FXRwSpacerl.JPG

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
lets see some light output from some of these budget kits.

i prefer a nice crisp factory type output as seen here. i went w/ one of their retro kits with fx35 projectors. it is a bit more than the $100 kits but there is no comparison on the end result.
FXRwSpacerl.JPG

...aaaand how much did all of that run you? :read:

Probably 5-10 times what others have spent on their HID kits, right? That's cash I can put towards a KB or Whipple.

venomous99

Established Member
...aaaand how much did all of that run you? :read:

Probably 5-10 times what others have spent on their HID kits, right? That's cash I can put towards a KB or Whipple.
you'd be surprised..the cost of projector retro's have gone done significantly that its becoming more attractive. its an incremental cost over the el cheapo kits and the results if high quality matters to you are leaps and bounds better than just a kit slapped together into a halogen housing.
retro's arent for everyone cuz of the intimidation ppl have when modifying equipment and effort that is required to put one in an existing housing but for an automotive enthusiast the results on these sorts of projects are more rewarding than buying a part and throwing it on, IMO. hopefully in time the aftermarket will come out with a 100% bolt on kit.
and to answer your question, a retro kit like mine can be had anywhere from $300 to $350 depending on what sort of projector and shroud u go with..very little towards a 3500 blower.
if you've owned a luxury car with HID's you'll know the difference between a properly setup HID vs an interior kit. night and day difference.

Last edited:

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I know that installing a true HID kit that you speak of is the correct way to get rid of the light scatter and use the light the way its supposed to and the outcome is awesome as you show in your pic. Do you have any pics of your car. I don't want to rag on your car so dont take offense when i say this, but IMO the projector headlamps are ugly. Unless the car is designed to have them like the Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, you can have it. I'll deal with my light scatter and piss people off. I haven't caused anyone to swerve off the rode or get in an accident yet.

venomous99

Established Member
I know that installing a true HID kit that you speak of is the correct way to get rid of the light scatter and use the light the way its supposed to and the outcome is awesome as you show in your pic. Do you have any pics of your car. I don't want to rag on your car so dont take offense when i say this, but IMO the projector headlamps are ugly. Unless the car is designed to have them like the Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, you can have it. I'll deal with my light scatter and piss people off. I haven't caused anyone to swerve off the rode or get in an accident yet.

i know exactly what u mean so i dont take offense at all. my concern going with the projector is that it'll give the headlight a bug eyed look but i think as long as i keep the reflective housing stock and play around w/ the shroud color it should look good. i will be starting the project probably next weekend when i get the retro kit in.

boostme

Established Member
you'd be surprised..the cost of projector retro's have gone done significantly that its becoming more attractive. its an incremental cost over the el cheapo kits and the results if high quality matters to you are leaps and bounds better than just a kit slapped together into a halogen housing.
retro's arent for everyone cuz of the intimidation ppl have when modifying equipment and effort that is required to put one in an existing housing but for an automotive enthusiast the results on these sorts of projects are more rewarding than buying a part and throwing it on, IMO. hopefully in time the aftermarket will come out with a 100% bolt on kit.
and to answer your question, a retro kit like mine can be had anywhere from $300 to $350 depending on what sort of projector and shroud u go with..very little towards a 3500 blower.
if you've owned a luxury car with HID's you'll know the difference between a properly setup HID vs an interior kit. night and day difference.

It only really cost a bunch if someone does it for you. If you have the time and PATIENCE it is actually a good project.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Does this look right to you guys?

I matched the black to black on the factory, and the green to the red, and the white to the white.
img00897.jpg

img00894l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread