HID's

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I went HIDguy on my 04 Cobra and they're great but went to Ebay for my 02 F-150 Harley and got the same quality kit for way less.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Finally installed hi/lo 5K from DDMtuning on the Silverado SS, and wow what a difference. I'll be putting the same kit on the Cobra this weekend. Awesome product, fast shipping and a great price!

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
i dont remember what i installed on my truck two years ago but i do remember that they cost about $250 and the passenger side likes to flicker. i know thats besides the point but Im really curious about sacraficing cost for quality. I love the reviews that everyone has to say about HID Guy but the price comparison between his and the DDM is enough to try the DDM. my wife has been bugging me for them too so i know if i start talking about putting them in the cobra then im gonna have to put them in her car too. does anyone have anything bad to say about the DDM. the kit that i have in my truck does put out of alot of RF making my FM radio fuzzy.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
i dont remember what i installed on my truck two years ago but i do remember that they cost about $250 and the passenger side likes to flicker. i know thats besides the point but Im really curious about sacraficing cost for quality. I love the reviews that everyone has to say about HID Guy but the price comparison between his and the DDM is enough to try the DDM. my wife has been bugging me for them too so i know if i start talking about putting them in the cobra then im gonna have to put them in her car too. does anyone have anything bad to say about the DDM. the kit that i have in my truck does put out of alot of RF making my FM radio fuzzy.

03mgtermi

Established Member
if the ddm tuning product is as good as the hidguy stuff i feel like a tard. dropped almost $300 when ddm tuning coulda done it for half that.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
if the ddm tuning product is as good as the hidguy stuff i feel like a tard. dropped almost $300 when ddm tuning coulda done it for half that.

They are almost identical imo, no real difference...both have lifetime warranty's

HID_Guy

Established Member
They are almost identical imo, no real difference...both have lifetime warranty's

DDM kits are manufactured by another company and also as a quick note, but no negative shots at their company, we have had many customers come to us after their DDM items go bad, and customers from many other companies for that matter; apparently issues with getting them swapped under warranty at all and no responses most of the time, but that's just what they tell us.

DDM is local to us and we have thought of selling their kits because we can match the price, but the coloring in the bulbs they supply do not even compare at all; blue's are still more white than anything, but that mainly only affects those who want colored bulbs.

With any HID supplier you might get the items that last years and years without any issues or you might get the kit(s) where a ballast might go bad or a bulb; the big thing is if the supplier will stand behind the items and back you up when you need them most.

Just information, not a sales pitch.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
hey guys whats the best bang for the buck HID kit out there for our cobra's. im looking for both headlamp and foglamp kits. my buddy is running a kit from HID guy but im just wondering if theres anything eles out there. thanks in advance!

I like the kit I got for $100 off ebay. Look up autohidguy. I got the 6000K kits. 9007 Dual beam(Hi/Low) headlights and H10 fogs.
cobraHID.jpg

Last edited:

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Just ordered 5k high/low and 5k h10 for the fogs. Hopefully I'll have them by next weekend.

sonicmach1

Established Member
I bought HID_Guys 6K headlight and fog kits and have had two issues.

One was one of the fog light wiring harnesses used smaller OD wiring and the rubber grommet does not seal. I chose to silicone seal the end.

seals2.jpg

The second issue is the passenger light only flickers about three times, then remains off. This repeats everytime I turn off - then on the switch. I only got the passenger light to light and stay on once. Swapping bulbs still has the passenger issue. Using a new direct to battery ground still resulted in the issue.

Here is the one time they worked:
HIDs_on.jpg

***Has anyone seen this issue?*** Was it the ballast? I met a Terminator owner at a local car show last weekend and his new HID_Guy kit did the same thing. He bought a DSM ballast for it himself.

I have calls, emails and PMs in and have been waiting a respone plan. Other Q's were answered during the install though. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Very disappointed in my kit. I should have gone with another one. FYI - The DSM's kits and instructions on their site look nearly identical.

Last edited:

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I hope i have no problems with the DDM's my wife ordered for me a week and a half ago. I still havent gotten them. When she checks their status it still says that they are being processed. WTF?

ls1 x2

n00b
Established Member
I hope i have no problems with the DDM's my wife ordered for me a week and a half ago. I still havent gotten them. When she checks their status it still says that they are being processed. WTF?

damn...i hope mine dont take forever, i havent driven anything without HID's in a long time. driving at night sucks right now

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
ls1x2
expect that the lights from DDM will take a while to come in. My set of fog lights was about 5 weeks from time of order until they finally got to my door. I ordered a set of 9007 hi/low headlights over a week ago and they still havent been shipped. But they are worth it... the quality is 10x better than anything i have found anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread