High Intensity Discharge HID Projector Light Retrofit

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Well, the wiring harness and ballasts showed up yesterday. So I'll be installing everything this weekend. Does anyone have any good ideas where to place the ballasts?

I mounted mine with 3M tape on the back of the bumper rebar. ;-)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
having had 2 cars with HID projectors I can say that doing the job right, 1200 dollars isn't too much.. (S2000 and Nissan Murano) the S2000 used HID low beam and halogen high beam, and the Murano has HID low and high beam.. by far best lights I've seen on a vehicle..

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
would love to see some pics of the back of the lights as well a few at night if you can.
curious to see how the new backs fit on them and how far they stick out.
I also noticed where the stock housings have a up/down adjustment of the beam but no side to side , does the new projector housing have a means to adjust it both up/down & left/right ?

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Can't wait to see the final pics. I'm getting ready to have this done as well.

Ryushin

Established Member
I've posted a LOT more pictures of the lights, the car, and the install. Be patient while the page loads. This is going to beat up my DSL line pretty bad.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've posted a LOT more pictures of the lights, the car, and the install. Be patient while the page loads. This is going to beat up my DSL line pretty bad.

My pants are down and the lotion is ready... :rockon:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I like it all but this below ,

909g8xvku2pbhvgb957u.jpg

That does not look like it will last to long but I could be wrong.

I wish he had found a better way to mount that then I would buy a set considering I have spare BI Xenon projectors here from a european Audi that had e codes in it.

Plus is there anyway to adjust the beam from right to left ? or just up and down ?

Ryushin

Established Member
That silicon sealant was my handiwork, and not Caesar's. I just wanted to be extra careful. It was supposed to cure to a clear color, but it did not. The silicon sealant pretty much sealed it completely so no water will get in.

The Ford lamps don't have horizontal controls (Unfortunately), only vertical. Even so, Caesars work was spot on and the beam pattern is excellent.

So I just went out and adjusted the lights and took a few pictures. I will post the pictures tomorrow morning. I also have a couple of videos with the stock lights and I'm hoping to make a couple more on my way to work tomorrow (yes, I'm leaving before dawn comes).

Oh, and I turned on the high beams and a couple of rabbits vaporized. Seriously, the high beams are incredible and they projected at least three quarters to a mile away.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Can't say I like how they look on the car...I mean I understand the function but the look just kills it. Some headlight tint/covers would solve that problem though.

Ryushin

Established Member
Night Shots - Pics and Videos

Here come the pics and the movies. I took the pictures and the movies in the same places so things should be comparable, just a couple of days apart. I had trouble with the camera that I borrowed. I had to get the exposure out to 1 and 2/3 seconds to get anything that look half way decent. Even then, I don't know if you can see much of a difference between the HID and stock lights with it as the quality of the pictures aren't that hot. It also didn't help that I left the fog lights on for the stock shots and I remembered to turn them off for the HID shots. The two videos that camera was able to produce are fairly decent. The stock ones is on Saturday morning at 5:30 am with next to no traffic, and the HID ones are Monday morning at 5:30 and there is quite a bit more traffic. I've uploaded them to google video. If you want the original AVI's PM me as they are 41 MB each and my poor DSL line will die a horrible death with everyone sucking them down at once.

Stock Light: Next To Car - Low Beam
stock_lights_next_to_car_low_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: Next To Car - Low Beam
hid_lights_next_to_car_low_beam_small.jpg

Stock Light: Across From Car - Low Beam
stock_lights_across_from_car_low_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: Across From Car - Low Beam
hid_lights_across_from_car_low_beam_small.jpg

Stock Light: From Headlight - Low Beam
stock_lights_from_headlight_low_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: From Headlight - Low Beam
hid_lights_from_headlight_low_beam_small.jpg

Stock Light: Next To Car - High Beam
stock_lights_next_to_car_high_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: Next To Car - High Beam
hid_lights_next_to_car_high_beam_small.jpg

Stock Light: Across From Car - High Beam
stock_lights_across_from_car_high_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: Across From Car - High Beam
hid_lights_across_from_car_high_beam_small.jpg

Stock Light: From Headlight - High Beam
stock_lights_from_headlight_high_beam_small.jpg

HID Light: From Headlight - High Beam
hid_lights_from_headlight_high_beam_small.jpg

Stock Video 1:
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4688626587936367211&hl=en"]Mustang Cobra Terminator Stock Headlamps 1[/ame]

Stock Video 2:
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5846365693530457195&hl=en"]Mustang Cobra Terminator Stock Headlamps 2[/ame]

HID Video 1:
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5543632110992630611&hl=en"]Mustang Cobra Terminator High Intensity Discharge HID Headlamps 1[/ame]

HID Video 2:
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4678602119973638106&hl=en"]Mustang Cobra Terminator High Intensity Discharge HID Headlamps 2[/ame]

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Wow, those night shots look amazing. Very CLEAN light with a sharp beam pattern. Very impressive.

Ryushin

Established Member
In the stock headlight videos you can hear the click as I turn on the high beam. I used the high beam in the first stock video quite a bit, and only in the beginning of the second stock video.

Because the HID high beam is so amazingly bright, I only hit it once in the second video to flash the guy in front of me to move. And he moved almost immediately after I did it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread