High Intensity Discharge HID Projector Light Retrofit

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Meh..projectors just dont look right on 99-04 model mustangs. Only way I'd run a set is if I had tint/covers over the headlights. But these look a bit different so I'd like to see how they look on the car.

oldmodman

Established Member
Sylvania used to market "Xenarc" HID drop in replacements for the entire lens, bulb, etc for the F-150 and the Expedition.

I always wished they would tap the huge Mustang market and make a Xenarc HID system for the pony car.

I think the F-150 and Expedition kit got discontinued, but it was similar to this, but Sylvania designed and fairly inexpensive for true HID optics and bulb/etc.

They did, but they only made one for their demo booth at SEMA. It was a complete drop in headlight housing and all electronics. Just like the ones that they used to make for the F-150 and also a type for aux headlights.

They were forced to discontinue them by the DOT.

I asked the engineer in charge of the project and he gave me quite a bit of info at the time. The Mustang lamp had both high and low beams and separate projectors.
It looked great. Sure wish that they had been able to go ahead with the design.

I still have the set of aux headlights that they made. They closed them out for 145$ a pair.

splitdecisions

Established Member
Ill show you some high intensity discharge! :no homo: ;)

looks good, looks like lightwerkz turns out some quality stuff... I used customlightz on my last retrofit project.

Fat-cat

Established Member
You know what is going to be really funny .. when the cop pulls you over for them and giving you a ticket.. and not giving a shit about who retrofitted what.

I give you props for going to that extent but ill stick with my HID's in the stock head lamps.. they dont shine in anyone eyes ( checked with a buddy they first day i had them and he said there is little to no mirror glair ) and project almost the same as stock .

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
i don't undersatnd why some aftermarket company doesn't just make the damn things like that

They would have to sell them as "off road" only as putting HID's in any car without the factory option is illegal, and even if a HID option is available you are suppose to use factory componets. I've never heard it happening, but you could fail a state inspection with HID's if their not a factory option.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
They would have to sell them as "off road" only as putting HID's in any car without the factory option is illegal, and even if a HID option is available you are suppose to use factory componets. I've never heard it happening, but you could fail a state inspection with HID's if their not a factory option.

Right, but not sure on inspection they really care.

The deal with HID's is they want to to have "auto levelers" on them like mb/audi/saab and others so not to blind people.
I have Bi Xenon's on my Audi and they dont blind people unless you set them too high.
You can sure adjust the projectors 100 times better than HID's in stock housings and reason I know is I have them.
Better than stock sure.

SpectorV

Established Member
looks amazing, thats what I want to do to mine, tell him to get in here and get us some information for a GP perhaps.

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, I've gotten too excited about putting my lights in, and I'm going to skip taking the pictures of the stock lights at night. So I'm installing everything now. I don't know if I'll get done tonight or not but we'll see....

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, so much for installing my lights. It seems the someone in my household accidently threw away a bag that contained the ballasts and the wiring harness into the trash and they picked up this morning. :eek: I can't freaking believe it! I've sent an e-mail to Caesar to see if he can make me another harness and if he has the 55 watt ballasts in stock if he can send it all next day air Saturday delivery. Now I think I'm going to go mope awhile. :cryying:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Well, so much for installing my lights. It seems the someone in my household accidently threw away a bag that contained the ballasts and the wiring harness into the trash and they picked up this morning. :eek: I can't freaking believe it! I've sent an e-mail to Caesar to see if he can make me another harness and if he has the 55 watt ballasts in stock if he can send it all next day air Saturday delivery. Now I think I'm going to go mope awhile. :cryying:

It happens but atleast its easy to fix.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member

Sorry to hear about his delay... :(

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member

Whaaaaat???? Wow man, that's horrible luck!! :(

Sounds like mine actually. :nonono:

Good luck! ;-)

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn $1200 for those wow.

Too bad about the ballast getting tossed, hope to see some night shots soon.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Man i dunno. I know mustang headlights suck but i get more blinded by random acura's with true projectors than i do with cars with a decent 4300k or 5000k bulb and ballast kit.

Ryushin

Established Member
Caesar sent had the ballasts drop shipped from his distributer. And low and behold he got them on Saturday and not me. So his distributer screwed up. He sent them out yesterday so I should have them in the next couple of days. But I won't have time to install them until hopefully this weekend. At least at got my quiet Borla exhaust installed. I wouldn't even think of putting a louder exhaust on a daily driver.

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, the wiring harness and ballasts showed up yesterday. So I'll be installing everything this weekend. Does anyone have any good ideas where to place the ballasts?

Users who are viewing this thread