High Intensity Discharge HID Projector Light Retrofit

Ryushin

Established Member
I've contacted Caesar at Lightwerkz to join the sight and setup a group purchase. I've also posted all the details of the HID setup on ModulerFords. Perhaps between both sites, and the other mustangs that our lights fit, we can get enough people and bring the costs down enough so that everyone can have the benefits of a true HID setup if they want it.

After driving with these lights for the last few days, I can truly say that our stock lamps leave a lot to be desired. The HID's are clearer and provided better definition on the road. Some people consider these too expensive. I thought is what is safety worth and that was my motivated reason behind getting them. An extra 1 to 2 second reaction time can mean the difference between a accident or not.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
If you can, how about taking some pics looking directly at the car at night with the heads and fogs on.

I'm wondering how it looks with the fogs from the front.

Ryushin

Established Member
If you can, how about taking some pics looking directly at the car at night with the heads and fogs on.

I'm wondering how it looks with the fogs from the front.

Sure, I can do that. Do you want the pictures of the camera to be in or out of the cutoff. Heck, I'll do both.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
I've contacted Caesar at Lightwerkz to join the sight and setup a group purchase. I've also posted all the details of the HID setup on ModulerFords. Perhaps between both sites, and the other mustangs that our lights fit, we can get enough people and bring the costs down enough so that everyone can have the benefits of a true HID setup if they want it.

After driving with these lights for the last few days, I can truly say that our stock lamps leave a lot to be desired. The HID's are clearer and provided better definition on the road. Some people consider these too expensive. I thought is what is safety worth and that was my motivated reason behind getting them. An extra 1 to 2 second reaction time can mean the difference between a accident or not.

Hopefully it'll be a good price.....I'd be interested depending on price...

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Sure, I can do that. Do you want the pictures of the camera to be in or out of the cutoff. Heck, I'll do both.

I'm just wondering strictly from an asthetics standpoint. It'll definately be different from the stock style/look for sure.

Do you have standard halogens in your fogs or a HID plug-n-play style?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
this might be a stupid queston, but what do you do when your lights get all faded and craped out? Can you put this retrofit into another lense, or do you have to spend the money all over again?

Ryushin

Established Member
I'm just wondering strictly from an asthetics standpoint. It'll definately be different from the stock style/look for sure.

Do you have standard halogens in your fogs or a HID plug-n-play style?
I have standard halogens. I've been thinking maybe I'll put a TSX retrofit in there. I'd have to figure out some way so the front lens can take a serious rock hit. I don't want the TSX retrofit damaged.

Pull up to a wall and lets see the cut off.
You an actually see the cutoff fairly well in second video. But sure, I'll take a couple of pics of the cut off.

this might be a stupid queston, but what do you do when your lights get all faded and craped out? Can you put this retrofit into another lense, or do you have to spend the money all over again?
I had a 3M clear coating put on the lights when I got them back and before I put them on the car. It cost me $30 for someone to coat it for me.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I've contacted Caesar at Lightwerkz to join the sight and setup a group purchase. I've also posted all the details of the HID setup on ModulerFords. Perhaps between both sites, and the other mustangs that our lights fit, we can get enough people and bring the costs down enough so that everyone can have the benefits of a true HID setup if they want it...

Thanks for doing that. It should prove to be a good idea for him & for all of us. I commend you on all your hard work & research on this highly debated topic... :beer:

Ryushin

Established Member
Thanks for doing that. It should prove to be a good idea for him & for all of us. I commend you on all your hard work & research on this highly debated topic... :beer:

Thanks for the kudos. I wanted to take enough pictures and provide enough information to provide a clear and concise representation of what a true HID setup provides.

As for taking the other pictures, I'm afraid that's going to have to wait a week. On short notice, I found out that I'm going to have to fly to Phoenix to do some IT work for one of my customers. I'll be gone a week and when I get back, I'll take those other pictures that were wanted.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
As for taking the other pictures, I'm afraid that's going to have to wait a week. On short notice, I found out that I'm going to have to fly to Phoenix to do some IT work for one of my customers. I'll be gone a week and when I get back, I'll take those other pictures that were wanted.

No problem. Have a safe trip. ;-)

SpectorV

Established Member
looks good but I would like to see some where the area around the lens doesnt show up as much, maybe paint it black to match the inside of the light so you just see the round lens, either way it looks nice.

mesoriah24

KB finally in
Established Member
I've also been working on a very similar retro on my own car. The only difference is that I am using a projector from an RX350, which is only low beam. I don't mind not having highs, but may retro fogs up too for my high beams. I took a lot pics of the retro hoping to sell the retro conversion as a kit. I have tons of Lexus projectors and HIDs. The only problem would be losing your high beams. For this reason, I was thinking of charging somewhere in the range of $500-$600 for the whole setup; projector conversion, Phillips 4300K bulbs, Toyota ballasts, and wiring harness. If anyone IS interested, just PM me and we'll figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread