High revving motors vs down low torque monsters?

High Revs vs. Low Torque

• I like to revv to the moon

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I like to have tire shredding torque off the line

Votes: 43 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I gotta get the car before I commit and really want 18s for it (i think).

Love and miss my HOSS so hope I can make it work.

nxhappy

Established Member
on my bike I enjoy high revs of course....in the viper the torque is ****ing fun :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
on my bike I enjoy high revs of course....in the viper the torque is ****ing fun
I like the fact that Vipers can have both.

Not to say a 7250 Rev limiter is high...but it sure purrs around 5500-6500.

Damn Tapatalk Autocorrect

Never_Enough

Established Member
You don't feel that the Z06 has enough torque down low? I expected it to have plenty of torque down low!

I always want more. See my username LOL
Don't get me wrong, the Z06 is TONS of fun to drive, but I am a tq addict.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I like both:

My 1988 5.0 is lots of fun on the street, but it tops out quickly on the highway.
The wife's 2011 135i with 6spd manual is a blast on the highway, and feels like it has endless top-end.

My tuned 335 was tons of fun on the highway. I did peg that speedo (went to 160) one night in Mexico & she still pulled.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I tracked down my old car exactly. Just a matter of seeing if it's changed hands in the last year and if it's still available.

Hope so!!!

Was the guy on LS1tech? I remember a beautiful HOSS that Nineball sold to LAWHORN years ago. I think he eventually sold it to another member.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
It depends. There are uses for both. High revving horsepower monsters for that top end, middle of the night floor-it on the open road sessions, and a torque monster for beating grandmaw or that shitty civic giving you the stank eye at the the traffic light.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
It's sad when you sell a car you put a lot of hard work into for the new owners to destroy them and strip parts. Even sadder that 94-04 class are worth more in parts then as a whole. There will be no more clean examples and if there is it will be a worth a decent amount of change.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Was the guy on LS1tech? I remember a beautiful HOSS that Nineball sold to LAWHORN years ago. I think he eventually sold it to another member.

Nah guy isn't on tech. The two owners prior (after me) were. I may hit him up to see what he wants. It's a roller so would need a new motor... :rockon::coolman:

Never_Enough

Established Member
heart breaking.... I tracked down my 94 and found out that it had been stolen and stripped for parts.

Many moons ago I tried to buy back my old HCI '93 GT. I found the new owner in OH (Not who I sold it to) removed some of my mods & had to do some maintenance & the car had 10k+ more miles & he tried to gouge me for more $. You keep it, buddy.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Just picked up a 2012 CTS-V. Coming from a 2013 5.0, I can definitely say that since I mostly daily drive my cars, the torque of the CTS-V makes for an exponentially better drive.

How did I miss this post? I love ours. Except for the all out performance of my TVS swapped GT500, it's a far superior car in any and every other category.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Gotta have good torque and have to follow it up with a nasty high end power band...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... On track I want a high fever...

Why? You'd be putting yourself and other drivers at risk. You should be at home resting.

On topic, what rule says you can't have both low end torque AND a high revving engine? The other weekend, I could hear a performance shop running a race car on the dyno. It had to have revved to well over 9K, probably even 10K. It was like God was singing far off in the distance. I'm pretty sure that engine had plenty of low end grunt to go with those revs.

Users who are viewing this thread