"Home Ported" blower makes 548 rwhp 581 rwtq

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
My friend Christopher works at a local cylinder head shop and I have been wanting to port my supercharger for quite some time now. So I bought a supercharger off of ebay, and let him take it to the race shop to port it.

The eaton that I bought had already had a "half-assed" attempt at a port job done on it, so the case had somewhat been butchered already so we couldn't really fubar it any more than it already was. It even had JB weld in a few places where they had ported too far.

He fixed the butchered up port work, and opened up the inlet even more, the JB weld was removed on the inlet side and those holes were welded and blended back in. The outlet side was already pretty large so he just evened it out some.

I gave him the Billetflow inlet I had as well, and he port matched it to the eaton for me. So I put it back together and installed all the supporting mods and headed down to Dan Desio at Pro-Dyno in Rock Hill SC.

The mods on the car:

Full EGR delete
Ported/Welded Eaton Supercharger
2.81 Steeda upper pulley
LFP 4lb lower pulley kit
3.2 alternator pulley
Billetflow Idlers
Diablo Sport MAFia
Siemens Deka 63lb Injectors
pprv delete
Kenne Bell FRPS disc
LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump 40A (without hobbs wired full time,)
JLT Carbon Fiber Ram Air Intake
Billetflow Inlet (Match Ported to Supercharger)
Billetflow Single blade throttle body
Kooks headers 1 3/4" Primary w/3" collectors
Kooks 3" off road X-pipe
Borla Stinger Cat-Back
oil separator
NGK Tr6 plugs gaped at .032

The car is an absolute monster, thanks to Dyno Dan at Pro-Dyno, and my buddy Christopher for helping me out on this thing.:dancenana:

Here are some links to the dyno sheet (Dyno Jet, STD correction factor) and a video of the final dyno pull.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwl3IeyaJ8"]YouTube - Cobra Dyno Final Pull hd.wmv[/nomedia]

https://picasaweb.google.com/114462544292610937571/CobraDynoFinal#5589146798375260930

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Yeah, we should have taken some pics, but to be honest it looks pretty similar to alot of other port designs I have seen. The only exception was since it was basically a "junk" blower we really weren't afraid to open up the inlet side too far since it already had holes in it we had to weld up anyway.

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
What fuel and what was the timing at?

Not sure about the timing I forgot to ask Dan, but I know it has to be fairly high. As far as the fuel is concerned I use cheap 93 octane from a local Sheetz station (which I believe contains around 10% ethanol). I used this cheap fuel because it has always ran well in the car and the station is busy and cycles alot of fuel.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Very Nice! You usually need Cams to reach that level, most Eatons max out about 525-535 with the valve covers never off..

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Very Nice! You usually need Cams to reach that level, most Eatons max out about 525-535 with the valve covers never off..

Thanks, yeah we were surprised to say the least, we were expecting around 520-530ish HP, the torque was what surprised us the most especially since the car has huge long tubes and very little back pressure with the setup I am running.

TRBO VNM

how much boost? I am curious on the timing if you could ask him. I can't believe it would be too high with 93 octane from that gas station. We have them here and WAWA and I won't even put it in my beater.

I know this was on a dynojet. I wonder what a mustang dyno would put out.

Are you planning to take it to the track? That will prove if these numbers are legit or not.

Last edited:

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
how much boost? I am curious on the timing if you could ask him. I can't believe it would be too high with 93 octane from that gas station. We have them here and WAWA and I won't even put it in my beater.

I know this was on a dynojet. I wonder what a mustang dyno would put out.

Are you planning to take it to the track? That will prove if these numbers are legit or not.

The boost sensor on the dyno fried on the run before mine, so I am not sure exactly, this combo with longtubes is usually good for 15-16ish Dan said. As far as the timing goes I will ask when I have a chance but he is a hard guy to get in touch with. Sheetz gas has always done well in my car, so I figure why mess with what works in it, plus it gave me a more real representation of what the car will make on any given day.

As far as the numbers are concerned, no two dynos are alike and I am not even going to try and estimate what it would make on a Mustang dyno. Before I even attempt to take it to the track it is probably going to need stage 5 axles, so it might be awhile before I find out. :shrug:

Wayneo

Established Member
Awesome numbers!!!! Just out of curiousty what was the dyno pull after that? Did it hold or or drop like 20hp? Just wondering since your running a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower that eaton is being pushed hard, I would think your closer to 18psi but im not an expert. Thats higher then most posi ports, your friend does some good work!!

Wayneo

Established Member
......Probably putting out more torque then my kb will when Im done the install in a couple weeks. :uh oh:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

535-550hp with a car like this and a Race Port.

OP nice numbers and it seems someone did a good job on that blower.

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Awesome numbers!!!! Just out of curiousty what was the dyno pull after that? Did it hold or or drop like 20hp? Just wondering since your running a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower that eaton is being pushed hard, I would think your closer to 18psi but im not an expert. Thats higher then most posi ports, your friend does some good work!!

This was the last pull, there was a total of 6 pulls, 3 of them were half pulls to baseline the A/F ratio and the last 3 were full pulls. The video is of the final pull which are the numbers in my sig.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
No one is calling BS? No heads, no cams...and those numbers with an upper/lower and a ported Eaton? Hmmm...
The dyno fan must've been blowing nitrous.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Call it all u want I was there as well as the whole Pro-Dyno staff. :banana:

I can make a dyno say that my car makes 800rwhp, but it doesn't.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but this is a technical forum. In the
true spirit of keeping things technically accurate, your numbers are highly
questionable. Realistically, you're looking at 525rwhp and slightly more
torque.

Users who are viewing this thread