"Home Ported" blower makes 548 rwhp 581 rwtq

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
I can make a dyno say that my car makes 800rwhp, but it doesn't.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but this is a technical forum. In the
true spirit of keeping things technically accurate, your numbers are highly
questionable. Realistically, you're looking at 525rwhp and slightly more
torque.

Realistically I don't think these numbers are that out of line with what is possible with the mods on the car. I knew beginning this thread that some people would choose to say that it is impossible and try to denounce my numbers. I am aware that numbers aren't everything but what anyone wants to believe is their own prerogative, and the dyno is regularly calibrated.

va boy

Established Member
WOW! Great #'s, you gotta be happy with that.
I'm getting ready to buy a used Eaton for porting purposes but was still sort of on the fence and thinking about just waiting on a Whipple.
I'd love to think I could come close to those #'s with a port, 2.8/4lb combo!
And yes, Dan is the man!

Congrats! your friend does outstanding work!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
No one is calling BS? No heads, no cams...and those numbers with an upper/lower and a ported Eaton? Hmmm...
The dyno fan must've been blowing nitrous.

I'm calling bs and before everybody gets their panties in a wad, piihb.

TRBO VNM

Before I even attempt to take it to the track it is probably going to need stage 5 axles, so it might be awhile before I find out. :shrug:

actually, they won't do you much good depending on your tires.

people run 10's on stock half shafts. you need the proper tire and stock shafts will survive. I have a local guy here runs nothing but stock shafts and is running 10.7's all day long and he beats the crap out of his car and drives it daily, including in the snow and rain.

Aftermarket half shafts were the thing to do because people didn't know a lot about these cars at the time and were breaking stock half shafts. You need to "shock" the right part of the rear end and it will survive. The problem is, everyone was shocking the diff, axles, etc. in the beginning. Throw a proper tire on there with the correct sidewall and you will be amazed at your times and how long the IRS holds up. So you are shocking the tire and it is taking the force, not the rest of the driveline.

I won't call BS, but it is definitely high and a timeslip will tell the story. I don't care who the tuner is. I use Jon Lund who is one of the best in the country, but he will even say it himself, dyno numbers mean crap and he could care less about them. Take it to the track and see what it will do and prove everyone wrong. If you don't want to take it to the track, thats your decision and everyone should respect that, however, most people here that know these cars will think you are just another person posting up with higher numbers than anyone else thinking their tuner is the best.

And sorry, I didn't mean that I wanted you to tell me what it would do on a mustang dyno. I know how dyno's operate and the difference in a mustang dyno and dynojet. I am just curious of what it would be if you had a dyno day around you at a later date on a mustang dyno. I am also trying to judge other peoples setups with what I am in the process of doing so I can tailor my expectations accordingly.

Last edited:

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
actually, they won't do you much good depending on your tires.

people run 10's on stock half shafts. you need the proper tire and stock shafts will survive. I have a local guy here runs nothing but stock shafts and is running 10.7's all day long and he beats the crap out of his car and drives it daily, including in the snow and rain.

Aftermarket half shafts were the thing to do because people didn't know a lot about these cars at the time and were breaking stock half shafts. You need to "shock" the right part of the rear end and it will survive. The problem is, everyone was shocking the diff, axles, etc. in the beginning. Throw a proper tire on there with the correct sidewall and you will be amazed at your times and how long the IRS holds up. So you are shocking the tire and it is taking the force, not the rest of the driveline.

I won't call BS, but it is definitely high and a timeslip will tell the story. I don't care who the tuner is. I use Jon Lund who is one of the best in the country, but he will even say it himself, dyno numbers mean crap and he could care less about them. Take it to the track and see what it will do and prove everyone wrong. If you don't want to take it to the track, thats your decision and everyone should respect that, however, most people here that know these cars will think you are just another person posting up with higher numbers than anyone else thinking their tuner is the best.

And sorry, I didn't mean that I wanted you to tell me what it would do on a mustang dyno. I know how dyno's operate and the difference in a mustang dyno and dynojet. I am just curious of what it would be if you had a dyno day around you at a later date on a mustang dyno. I am also trying to judge other peoples setups with what I am in the process of doing so I can tailor my expectations accordingly.

Yeah, true, I am still thinking about getting a set of welds with some M/T's to take it to Zmax. I just know that with the way it is axle hopping with the 555r's I probably stand a good chance of breaking one, at least until I can get it to hook some. My good friend broke one at 490rwhp with a similar setup as mine, so if it does go down to the track soon it is going on the trailer in case it has to come back on the trailer lol.

Pro-Dyno is one of the top Mustang tuners in the country as well, and I agree that horsepower is just a number, but if anyone thinks that these numbers aren't legit than that's just silly. :beer:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Congrats on the awesome numbers.

Dans dyno seems to read a little bit higher then most from what I've seen but he's still a great guy and did a good job on my car so it doesn't really matter. :beer:

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Congrats on the awesome numbers.

Dans dyno seems to read a little bit higher then most from what I've seen but he's still a great guy and did a good job on my car so it doesn't really matter. :beer:

Yeah, true, I think what some people fail to realize is that these numbers are using the STD correction factor, if he had been using a SAE correction factor the HP would probably been in the low to mid 530's. Either way I am happy because the car is insane.:thumbsup:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Yeah, true, I think what some people fail to realize is that these numbers are using the STD correction factor, if he had been using a SAE correction factor the HP would probably been in the low to mid 530's. Either way I am happy because the car is insane.:thumbsup:

Well then that's all that matters man. Glad your happy with the results....I know I would be.

boduke0220

Established Member
good numbers, they are deff legit though, my buddies full bolt on cammed GT put down 288rwhp on the same dyno, last year at this time.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Really want to see what this thing does at a track before I make a judgement.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Before many of you jump to the conclusion of BS, don't forget that how fast CobraStruck went at the track. His dyno numbers were very similar to these and he was the fastest trapping eaton only car for some time. He was also tuned at Pro-Dyno.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
You can get that torque to that range with aggressive timing down low. My car made 560 ish ft-lbs with a 6 lb lower and 2.8. Upper. I only made 16 psi with that set up 91 octane. Numbers on Sig with e85 but the timing was still moderate down low.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
You can get that torque to that range with aggressive timing down low. My car made 560 ish ft-lbs with a 6 lb lower and 2.8. Upper. I only made 16 psi with that set up 91 octane. Numbers on Sig with e85 but the timing was still moderate down low.

What was your torque and hp peak rpm? Post the dyno.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
What was your torque and hp peak rpm? Post the dyno.

I posted the dyno sheet some months ago I believe I only made like 484 rwhp the 6 lber was killing the blower up top. The timing was at 22* solid. Found it...

Numbers in Sig started with 18-19* the linear to 25* on e85. This was all on the 2.8/6 combo.

This has both runs overlaid...
Wrong graph...sorry let me look some more.

Think this is it hard to read on my phone

dynograph22deg.jpg

The other graph with the overlaid runs we backed the timing down. So when we went with e85 that's why the graphs have the same slopes cause the timing was adjusted similar on both octanes

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I posted the dyno sheet some months ago I believe I only made like 484 rwhp the 6 lber was killing the blower up top. The timing was at 22* solid. Found it...

Numbers in Sig started with 18-19* the linear to 25* on e85. This was all on the 2.8/6 combo.

This has both runs overlaid...
Wrong graph...sorry let me look some more.

Think this is it hard to read on my phone

dynograph22deg.jpg

I push 16.5 pounds with a 2.90/4 while you are 16 lbs. with a 2.8 / 6 That bothered me until I figured out that you are 5,312 ft above sea level. I am 870.

That is massive torque and tweaked down low I guess it was since the graph started at 1750 rpm. I also noticed that the pro-dyno chart starts at 3250 rpm.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Yeah I have always been about 2 psi less than what most people run. On the 2.76 non port I made 11-12 psi. Now with the 2.76/4lb I make 14ish compression now is 9.2:1 not sure if that affects boost and also removed the cats. This combo made 536/543 I think don't have this one on pb yet though, timing was 18*-23*. 2 more degs might get me to 550/560. Who knows....

Yeah our altitude and air SUCK pb a good day we will get a DA of 6200 ft usually it is above 7000 ft...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread