hood mod?

newcastle

do a search for postban in the '03 Cobra forum.

in his sig, click on "HOOD BLANKET MOD".

he put together detailed instructions on a way to let more engine compartment heat out from under the hood. it works!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Well - your hood has two slits cut to vent engine heat. The hood mod will open this up much more to allow more heat to be vented, keeping your engine bay cooler, helping with heat soak which drains HP. You just cut these openings with a box knife to size and trim to keep it looking nice. Here is a pic of Lifter213's hood mod:

Billy Pilgram

Has anyone had problems with water/rain getting in? I read on one of the original posts that it didn't seem to be problem. With all of our liquid sunshine in Seattle there'd be constant water running through the engine compartment.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
The opening is positioned directly in between the engine and radiator. Water simply flows straight through to the ground for the most part.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Yep and the best part is it works great and is free! One winter morning coming off the highway, I was sitting at the stoplight on the offramp and the car in front of me was warping from the heat coming out of my vents. Much like a real hot road in summer. Now thats a BIG difference.

Billy Pilgram

Did you pull the whole blanket off too? To me it just looks like a moisture collector that'll just get mildewy (as everything up here does). I've seen some people concerned about AM reception when they've removed it, heard anything like that?

97whitevert

Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
Yep and the best part is it works great and is free! One winter morning coming off the highway, I was sitting at the stoplight on the offramp and the car in front of me was warping from the heat coming out of my vents. Much like a real hot road in summer. Now thats a BIG difference.
sounds like a great idea!!:beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
OUTSTANDING! lol......i started listening to rush when my dad would take me to school in his car.

Users who are viewing this thread