Salut!
Super Moderator
Spy-vs-spy.png

Well played, sir.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Anyone else surprised Al O posted in that thread? :pop:

Not really. That FBodfather post quite a bit and apparently he is a big wig at GN for the Camaro's. So having AL O poke his head in is not surprising.

Camero5 is one of the largest Camaro sites out there, and they have a lot of subs hitting it. So jumping in and posting a thing or two will keep your fans happy. Notice his post count was 5.

jshen

Established Member
Not for me

The "design engineer" that cut 3 inches from the roof of the camaro ..should be hung from a pole! GM execs who think/thought that was good idea should join him. I cannot drive looking out through a slit for a windshield and above commentors agreeing with lack of visiblity adds credo to poor design..Having sat in an SS I had to get out before claustaphobia got to me.

On the other hand, Ford keeps getting it right.

speedrx

Established Member
thanx, as expected dragoneye was gaga over the car....but i dont doubt it performs well...cant wait to hear a good write up of the shelby

I think it is interesting that GM invited some bloggers out to test drive the cars, I guess since GM knew these guys were already going crazy over the car and had one on order, they would get great (yet biased) review and get more people fired up to order one. Also, it would be posted on the most Camaro friendly and posting controlled site in the world -Camaro5.

Dragoneye did a good write-up and review and I think GM got what they wanted from the event. Of course he admitted to have never been on a track and another blogger was losing control and spinning out on the 1st lap.

The blogger that partnered with him, Chris Freeza, was surprised to see the car didn't shift in manual mode :shrug: - I noticed he is also a Volt owner :rollseyes

It looks like GM did a very good job on the ZL1 but I would have like to see what these "non-professionals" could get regarding some performance numbers, a couple of runs down the 1/4, etc.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I think it is interesting that GM invited some bloggers out to test drive the cars, I guess since GM knew these guys were already going crazy over the car and had one on order, they would get great (yet biased) review and get more people fired up to order one. Also, it would be posted on the most Camaro friendly and posting controlled site in the world -Camaro5.

Dragoneye did a good write-up and review and I think GM got what they wanted from the event. Of course he admitted to have never been on a track and another blogger was losing control and spinning out on the 1st lap.

The blogger that partnered with him, Chris Freeza, was surprised to see the car didn't shift in manual mode :shrug: - I noticed he is also a Volt owner :rollseyes

It looks like GM did a very good job on the ZL1 but I would have like to see what these "non-professionals" could get regarding some performance numbers, a couple of runs down the 1/4, etc.

yea its funny because everything I hear is that the car is "easy" to drive. Somehow i knew that would be a lie. The truth is most of the camaro5 guys have been waiting months for their cars. Then you are going to see a bunch of noobs crashing them thinking they can just drive them as hard as they want...hence why I love the mustang because its a poowerful car, unforgiving, doesn't lie to you and will let you know when you mess up. The more skilled drivers buy mustangs....dont get wrong The ZL1 will be awesome and like the I said the best looking iteration of the 5th gen...but Ford is the way to go! :rockon:

mike69440

Established Member
The "design engineer" that cut 3 inches from the roof of the camaro ..should be hung from a pole! GM execs who think/thought that was good idea should join him. I cannot drive looking out through a slit for a windshield and above commentors agreeing with lack of visiblity adds credo to poor design..Having sat in an SS I had to get out before claustaphobia got to me.

On the other hand, Ford keeps getting it right.

OK I read the review and looked over the car. Given the limots of the LAS engine, GM did a nice job. It is no a tweaked SS. What a waste of chassis, It should be under the CTS-V wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread