Houston Cars and Coffee

408Tbird

Established Member
Yesterday was the first time going to the Houston Cars and Coffee-what an event. I had read there would be a lot of cars and good variety, but was unprepared for the scope of vehicles. Too bad it was so gloomy-sun never peeked out, which didn't help the pictures. Still, got a few decent ones.

Not long after we got there (we pulled in about 5 after 6):

12275652876_817da4cef4_b.jpg

Plenty of exotics, of course:

12275246923_9b80cf2e9e_b.jpg

I would say the Mustang/Fords section was easily the largest:

12275651336_c3160f1d1f_b.jpg

12275651056_512a1b27aa_b.jpg

This guy parked next to us about half way through. Car was beautiful-429 Cobra Jet Mach 1 with every option. Apparently the original owner was a Ford executive.

12275515704_7933cf2319_b.jpg

Always been a sucker for the last generation RX-7s:

12275650126_d885279b62_b.jpg

Very clean Terminator on True Forged wheels:

12275516044_67fbee855c_b.jpg

First time looking over a Tesla in person-I have to say I was very impressed with the design, packaging and small details.

12275355475_8c1d7c6456_b.jpg

We'll definitely be going up there regularly from now on. Only downside is it's about an hour and a half away, and you need to get there no later than 6:30...little tricky with a three year old daughter.

Anyways, if you haven't gone to one, I can't recommend it enough.

408Tbird

Established Member
Not that I could tell. Never saw one with the hood up. They were all pretty heavily modified though, so I wouldn't be surprised if one or more was.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I believe that silver one may be...think I have seen pics of it on LS1tech. Man I need to start going to this again, about 5 mins from Vintage Park...

Very cool.
5 minutes away??? How could you miss one? lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
right? I used to go to the one in uptown park that was a 30+ min drive to the Galleria area, now its right around corner and I have only been a handful of times...

I never get to see exotics, I'm sure you're a little used to it so it's not as big of a deal. lol

408Tbird

Established Member
Don't worry, its well kept. Probably spend four or five hours a week keeping it clean, lives in a big fully insulated garage, only goes out on good days on nice roads. I plan on keeping it a long time. I've had the Thunderbird for twenty years (first car) if that tells you anything.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think the pics came out nice. Nice turnout, despite the weather. A lot of really nice cars there. I like that RX-7. :)

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Don't worry, its well kept. Probably spend four or five hours a week keeping it clean, lives in a big fully insulated garage, only goes out on good days on nice roads. I plan on keeping it a long time. I've had the Thunderbird for twenty years (first car) if that tells you anything.

Nice roads? LOL. How do you even get it out of Clute then? The nicest roads are Dixie and Plantation.

Pictures look good. That was an early morning trip to make it out from Clute too. I grew up in West Columbia, so it's always cool to see someone from "back home" on the boards.

brandonflood123

Established Member
that cobra with the true forged wheels is my buddy haha, we are in the same car group aswell" relentless racing"

408Tbird

Established Member
Ha, we live in College Park, so barely Clute. With all the road construction going on I have to go the long way out leaving town.

Heck no wasn't an early morning trip. We went up the night before and stayed the night in a hotel across the street.

If you ever come back down hit me up.

Users who are viewing this thread