Hover board is here - McFly! They don't work on water

Steve@Tasca

facepalmgif.gif

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Electromagnets. "Works best on non-magnetic surfaces." Guys, we need to have a class on magnetism? 'Cause they're wrong, and that's not how magnets work, and if anyone had invented magnets this powerful on a power source that small, they wouldn't be starting their industry with a hoverboard, they would be working in major industry.

And receiving their nobel prize.

Well, some new physics would have to be developed, first. Not ruling that out, but so far the only forms of matter that repel other matter are theoretical. Gravity? Always adds up, does not cancel out. Fans? That would work just fine, but you will need a lot of power.

All of these are what this hoax boils down to. It only takes a basic understanding of how magnets work to see how unfeasible this is. If I was able to make magnets that do things they claim it can do, I wouldn't be putting it on a hover board, and I would be more famous than steven hawking in about 2 minutes lol.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
My boss (in her 70s) is still convinced the hoverboard was real in the original because of some interview with the director.

Then she saw this on her brand new Facebook account and told me
"People are getting so excited and this has been out before the original."

I just wanted to say, "How the hell did you make this business successful?"

Posted via Topify on Android

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That's something I ask myself a lot. I have a buddy, a great guy, he would give you the shirt off his back. But he is as dumb as a rock. And here I am, IQ of 150. He owns his own business, selling and servicing office equipment, and he is worth millions. I am worth about $1.75.

My boss (in her 70s) is still convinced the hoverboard was real in the original because of some interview with the director.

Then she saw this on her brand new Facebook account and told me
"People are getting so excited and this has been out before the original."

I just wanted to say, "How the hell did you make this business successful?"

Posted via Topify on Android

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Fake, look at 3min 08sec of the guy "pushing" the board with one foot that never touches the ground.

It is physics, hover all you want, but kicking one foot in the air isn't moving you anywhere. That and the technology to get a board to hover and maintain height above the ground regardless of the weight put on it (like the water bottle in the vid vs weight of Tyrell Owens) means the HUVr would probably be the size of a F250 and not be able to lift itself.

FAKE!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
That's something I ask myself a lot. I have a buddy, a great guy, he would give you the shirt off his back. But he is as dumb as a rock. And here I am, IQ of 150. He owns his own business, selling and servicing office equipment, and he is worth millions. I am worth about $1.75.

that made me lol

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

I'm with you. I know someone similar that has an excavation business and has been crazy successful but dude probably couldn't pass a GED if you put it in front of him. I chalk it up to the fact that you have to be dumb enough to start your own business in the first place.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm with you. I know someone similar that has an excavation business and has been crazy successful but dude probably couldn't pass a GED if you put it in front of him. I chalk it up to the fact that you have to be dumb enough to start your own business in the first place.

There have been some very successful businesses established by people who never finished high school. Or who seriously lacked format business management skills. .But, you can't argue with success, when it's standing right there in front of you. I give people like this a big pat on the back for succeeding when many probably told them they didn't stand a chance.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mattel Hoverboard. Love it! $122. was actually pretty cheap. LOL. I found one right away from ToyWiz.com (with Mini-Hoverboard) selling for $375. I'll just jump all over that "deal". Amazon has some sellers asking between $250 - $541. Crazy!!

Users who are viewing this thread