How do I beat a Ariel Atom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Ever been in an Atom? I can almost guarantee you've never experienced such an all encompassing thrill as what the Atom can offer! There's a reason why Jeremy Clarkson, much as I can't STAND the guy, said that it's something to the effect of it being one of the BEST cars he's EVER driven ("Driving Nirvana", along with a host of other compliments, I believe).....and I venture to say that he's driven more AMAZING cars than ANYONE on this site...!

I'm not saying its not an amazing car, but people comparing to drag racing a litre bike? C'mon now. All around it is like a go-cart, but we are talking about drag racing here, and that isn't what the Atom is made for, and it isn't as un-beatable as some would like you to believe.

ture but a c6z is no joke either

I know!!!

whiplash306

Established Member
I'm not saying its not an amazing car, but people comparing to drag racing a litre bike? C'mon now. All around it is like a go-cart, but we are talking about drag racing here, and that isn't what the Atom is made for, and it isn't as un-beatable as some would like you to believe.

A drag race with a liter bike....NO WAY! To suggest otherwise is retarded...unless it's the V8 powered Atom 500. Now, the 245 or 300 hp variant Atom 2 or 3 around a road course vs a production liter bike, I'd say that would make for a VERY interesting race, assuming equal drivers!

Deuuuce

Established Member
A drag race with a liter bike....NO WAY! To suggest otherwise is retarded...unless it's the V8 powered Atom 500. Now, the 245 or 300 hp variant Atom 2 or 3 around a road course vs a production liter bike, I'd say that would make for a VERY interesting race, assuming equal drivers!

Hopefully more tests are coming at various tracks but the quickest liter bike is still about 3-4 seconds faster around any given road course than a Viper ACR, Ferrari 458 or any other production car.

I think the Atom 500 may tie it, especially if it's engineered with some wide tires. The stock ones on the 300s seem to be pizza cutters.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
How did this thread go from racing a 300HP atom in a GT500, to bench racing liter bikes vs the 500HP atom???
300HP atom will get you if you go from a 40, but it shouldnt be murder. Get it on vid!

Sounds like it was just that...........OP got MURDERED.

Id say bikes came into the picture because that was the closest thing to the sort of pure blistering acceleration a 1600lb 300hp powered Atom could be compared to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread