How do I beat a Ariel Atom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskdsk

Established Member
I was defending my 2010 Cobra (currently running 500 whp) against a 2010 vette when a smack talking guy said he could take us both with his little 4 cyclinder supercharged ... of course I laughed! He told me he has a 2007 completely stock 300hp Ariel Atom ... I have been told they are very quick ... can I beat him?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Tell him you'll race him from a roll all the way past 160, they top off at 150-ish LOL!. You won't beat him, does 0-60 in under 3 secs. If its the supercharged version, then its making 500hp and NOT 300hp.

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
Beat him in what way? Quarter mile, top end or around a road coarse? Through the quarter, you better get PERFECT traction and bang ALL gears to even stand a remote chance, 'cause he's gonna take off and LEAVE (0-60 in 2.9 seconds), assuming he knows how to drive. Even then, my money is on you losing.....BADLY! Top end, you have a really good chance past highway speeds as they are NOT geared for top end runs. Through a road coarse??? You better dump a TON of money into your car to even think of competing. Those cars are NO joke. I was literally as close as saying "yes" to a loan about 2 months ago away from purchasing an Atom myself. The only thing that stopped me was that my area of TX wouldn't recognize them for street usage, whereas the DFW Metro area will....in time, once more Texans pave the way for their licensed and registered street usage, I'll have one.

My recommendation would be for you to befriend this guy so that you can get a ride in that thing!!! It will be perhaps THE MOST exhilarating "ride" (ha) you might have ever experienced in your life (on 4 wheels that is)!

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Tell him you'll race him from a roll all the way past 160, they top off at 150-ish LOL!. You won't beat him, does 0-60 in under 3 secs. If its the supercharged version, then its making 500hp and NOT 300hp.

Incorrect. The supercharged 4 banger makes 300 hp. The 500 hp atom is the v8 which is N/A.

As far as beating an Ariel Atom? You have no chance. He will rape you in every respect. You would need probly 800-900 at the wheels just to stand a chance. Its pretty much like racing a liter bike or a hayabusa.

They are super fast and handle like they are on rails.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
watch and learn.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk"]YouTube - BBC: Atom (the full clip in high quality!) - Top Gear[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiWhWpzFQQ&feature=related"]YouTube - The Ariel Atom Vs a Supercar Selection - Top Gear Series 16 Episode 1 - BBC Two[/nomedia]

20-140, your screwed unless you have 1000whp or have 700+whp and weigh under 3000lbs

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
After the race.,., just :shrug: and tell him.,., rubbin' is racin' :thumbsup:

just rub real early :D

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Incorrect. The supercharged 4 banger makes 300 hp. The 500 hp atom is the v8 which is N/A.

As far as beating an Ariel Atom? You have no chance. He will rape you in every respect. You would need probly 800-900 at the wheels just to stand a chance. Its pretty much like racing a liter bike or a hayabusa.

They are super fast and handle like tey are on rails.

Thanks for the correction :beer: Either way, they are too fast in anything you throw at it. Maybe drifting or driving in the rain? :rollseyes

rskdsk

Established Member
YIKKKKKKES ...

I had planned a 1/4 run from stop. Maybe the first to 100mph and back.

whiplash306

Established Member
YIKKKKKKES ...

I had planned a 1/4 run from stop. Maybe the first to 100mph and back.

He'll annihilate you! They spin getting to 60 in that 2.9 seconds I quoted you earlier. Once they gain traction, 100 mph comes VERY fast and I can absolutely guarantee you you're not gonna get back to zero before him...! Your best bet to beat him in any test of acceleration is to push well into the 700+ hp range and hope he bogs hard out of the hole, spins horrifically or misses a shift!

Oh, and in typical SVTP fashion, "get it on video"....!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Ya definitely get a video! Id love to see a vid of a GT500 getting spanked by an ariel atom. Thats an honorable death right there! Those cars are wicked!

THE_STIG

Established Member
Bring some astro glide, you are going to get raped. You will not beat him, its one of the fastest cars in the world. It nearly rivals the Veyron on acceleration. Best to admit he is faster and move on.

MGC

Established Member
He'll annihilate you! They spin getting to 60 in that 2.9 seconds I quoted you earlier. Once they gain traction, 100 mph comes VERY fast and I can absolutely guarantee you you're not gonna get back to zero before him...! Your best bet to beat him in any test of acceleration is to push well into the 700+ hp range and hope he bogs hard out of the hole, spins horrifically or misses a shift!

Oh, and in typical SVTP fashion, "get it on video"....!

They can do 0-100-0 in just under 11 seconds. Doesn't matter what kind of race you challenge him to, he'll win.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Race him in the rain to see who stays the driest.

That's about your only shot.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Talk about a spanking. Saw one at a car show a few years ago and they are nothing short of incredible. They are almost like a Formula 1 car with no body panels.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
It will haul ass to 60, but they arent what people are making them out to be in a straight line, not the 300 hp version anyway.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwQGln97-0"]YouTube - Ariel Atom 300 1/4 mile run[/nomedia]

That thing had alot of traction issues, and he said it's been 10.80's on a better pass, which is quick, but not unworldly. He will still beat down a barely modded GT500 though.

DO NOT ACCEPT A ROAD COURSE CHALLENGE lol

rskdsk

Established Member
ok guys ... get it ... raped! After speaking with the guy a bit more I found out that he is running a smaller pulley, tuned ecu, intake, and exhaust ... he is claiming about 300 whp. He said he had been running consistent low 10's in the quarter ... I guess I just assumed that 300whp could not be faster.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
they are rated at 300hp crank, so with mods id see 300whp being easily attainable.

Id still run him, but under pretense that after losing he either takes you for a ride or lets you bang gears yourself in that car. They are super amazing little cars, and Id love to either buy one or build something very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread