How happy are you with your job?

TorchMach

Established Member
I love my job. I am a part time employee at Starbucks but I work 40 hours a week. For a job to have during college, it's the best. The benefits are unmatched. I get a free pound of coffee a week, free drinks all the time, free stock shares, and the company does an excellent job recognizing its employees for good work. My store is one of the top 12 stores in the midwest for volume. We move about 60 cars per half hour through our drivethrough and its fun being part of a prestigious team. It can be extremely rewarding at times, challenging other times. I worked at Best Buy for 3 years and I was miserable every single day.

I'm 21 and wasted a lot of time not knowing what I wanted to do. Should have my associates in Manufacturing Engineering Technology by the end of next year. I will probably stay with Starbucks as well as whatever I do when I am done with school

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That made me crack up hard...almost spilled my water...I mean beer.lol

Good for you man.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Love my job. Field engineer for one of the largest oil services companies. 2 weeks on/1 off schedule, excellent benefits, free housing, free food, etc. I wouldn't want to do this the rest of my life but while I'm still this young it's awesome. In 3-4 years I'd like to hop over to an actual oil company and do completions engineering or maybe stick with the company I'm at but do business development/account rep stuff with a normal schedule.

VenomVeins

Established Member
I'm a Bartender at a high end Resort, and I f&cking LOVE IT.

I make big $$$, have full benefits, have a great manager who gets out of the way and lets me do my thing, and am at the beach here in San Diego every day. Oh yeah, and the steady stream of endless women take care of my personal dating/hookup life without me making any effort whatsoever. I clock in, and wait to see what new group has to offer (We are close to the Convention Center here, so we get different groups of people every week)

I keep myself in killer shape for the demands of my job (on my feet and moving around 8-12 hours each shift), and to keep the tips coming from the ladies. :rockon:

Got a great Degree, but cant get out of bartending. Its just too damn good to me. Been 13 years and counting......started in 2000 at a crazy popular club in South Beach Miami, came back to L.A. and worked a few more high profile Nightclubs before settling into my current place over 10 years ago in San Diego. Because of it, I have traveled all over the world, bought a house, my dream car, ect.

I'll continue to do it until I physically cannot. I truly love it, and am thankful for it.

Last edited:

blackfang

Established Member
Funny how I ran into this as Friday a coworker and I both put in notices and going to work for another Toyota dealer in town.

Update- My Service Manager, Service Director, GM and VP have been working with me on this. They have invested a bit into me and do not want me to leave and after a week of meetings and talks, they offered me the position I have been wanting for over a year. So January I become the Service Manager at one of our other stores.

aaandht

Established Member
No i get that, i dont expect huge $$$ straight out of college. But i make 10K less than average from one of the best engineering schools in the nation. Granted my job choices were limited since circumstances restricted location. The people are nice but they are cheap. If I worked at a similar (larger) company in a different location, id be making close to 15K more starting, plus better benefits.

Im not just saying im worth X amount because I say so. Its based on what people are actually getting paid with my experience at larger companies.

Don't worry I'm an ME in the same position, I took my the first offer out of college...when I probably should have stuck with my previous assembly job. However, engineering at this job is very loosely used....if ever. Management may have a major mental issues. The entire company is run completely backwards of any of my previous jobs. I walk in every day wondering if I am apart of some kind of secret government experiment which looks to find how long it takes to drive a person crazy.

With that being said, I do get to work on some cool new military ships. Other than that...I hate the place, I only look forward to going home and sending 5-10 resumes a night. Does that answer the OP question?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Aerospace project engineer, and I absolutely love my job and career field. Whether it is seeing my designs and work coming to life or solving a problem, I find it incredibly rewarding. I've gotten to travel around and out of the country and be involved in some cool stuff. I have my days where it can get pretty stressful, but I even enjoy and can appreciate that... I'm constantly challenged and never bored.

Definitely been on the other end of that spectrum as well, had jobs where every day I will wake up and the thought of calling out sick will literally cross my mind while getting ready every day.

4a7191a

Established Member
Steel mill operator..... might be on prozac to deal with this place soon. Lol. Looking for another job though.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I really liked my last job but the conditions and work load were terrible. My new job is GREAT. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home, whenever I want, for as long as I want. I now work half the hours I used to, from home and make just as much as I used to working full time. I truly am a lucky guy.

Jebadias

Established Member
I love my primary job, hate my schedule.

I work as a Process Control Operator for a major company. The pay is great, the job is usually fun and never the same for more than a few days (we rotate areas of responsibility) and I have great people to work with.

I work 12 hrs+ a day, four on, four off, swing shift. I usually get forced overtime some or all of my four off and there are no such things as holidays. I am on call at least 36 days a year for which I get no pay unless I am called in. This may or may not be the first Christmas/New Years that I do not work since 2008. I had Thanksgiving 'off' but was on call and ended up working. I have been lucky this month. Although I will not have had a day off until at least the 22nd (time will tell) I have not had to swing much. Last month I ended up switching from days to nights five times in two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread