How many guys are still here from many years ago?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I've always loved your purple Zippo paint scheme. (y)
I appreciate the kind words. It's definitely iconic. Back when I found out it was for sale I told my wife if I didn't buy it, I'd never get another chance! It's been in my garage for 20 years now!!! Tom

K-075.JPG

Lpucket3

Established Member
Hey guys, since there is a wealth of knowledge and history on the board here, I’m going to take a stab in the dark.
Just purchased ‘95 R #174 on the forum here. Lots of detailed information in the marketplace on this car and the infamous accident.
My question, anyone have pictures of the vehicle after the crash by chance or further history on this car? Not worried about it but looking to build a book.
Love automotive history.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Hey guys, since there is a wealth of knowledge and history on the board here, I’m going to take a stab in the dark.
Just purchased ‘95 R #174 on the forum here. Lots of detailed information in the marketplace on this car and the infamous accident.
My question, anyone have pictures of the vehicle after the crash by chance or further history on this car? Not worried about it but looking to build a book.
Love automotive history.
Doc and I commented on the car when it was for sale back in 2016 HERE, might be a discussion of the car on this forum as well. I do remember the entire rear clip from "B" pillar back was replaced, not unlike the front clip my old #99 needed after the person I sold it to pushed the nose a few feet off to the side at a track outside Chicago. Difference being GJR did the work on my old car, where we are uncertain who did the work on #174.

Bill S.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I remember 174 when it came out in the magazine. It was a really sharp car. Mark Ray built at least 2 95Rs back in the day. That car was heavily modified. If it has many original motor parts it would surprise me. You've got a good track car that you can enjoy. I honestly don't know how collectible it will be long-term in the world of Rs.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Doc and I commented on the car when it was for sale back in 2016,
Here was my post:

I remember this car.

It was in the late 1990's when HSR had a Group 1 class. You had to have a rollbar, harness, fire suit, and helmet. No fuel cell was required.

I had a British car at the time which was broken (got rid of it) so I was running a 1994 Cobra in Group 1.

I was following this Cobra R since I like them. He got too hot going into T-6 at Road Atlanta, and the car snapped around and backed into the tire wall so hard that the tires came off the ground. I was surprised that the guy wasn't injured.
-----
First, the repair industry is very good today. The problem is getting all four corners adjusted properly today. It's a huge issue with a lack of body experts like MrMustang.

I've known Tom for years. I once owned the Stars and Strips car that I raced in vintage:
Mitty2013.jpg

I also raced a 1994 Mustang Cobra.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Here was my post:

I remember this car.

It was in the late 1990's when HSR had a Group 1 class. You had to have a rollbar, harness, fire suit, and helmet. No fuel cell was required.

I had a British car at the time which was broken (got rid of it) so I was running a 1994 Cobra in Group 1.

I was following this Cobra R since I like them. He got too hot going into T-6 at Road Atlanta, and the car snapped around and backed into the tire wall so hard that the tires came off the ground. I was surprised that the guy wasn't injured.
-----
First, the repair industry is very good today. The problem is getting all four corners adjusted properly today. It's a huge issue with a lack of body experts like MrMustang.

I've known Tom for years. I once owned the Stars and Strips car that I raced in vintage:
View attachment 1823342

I also raced a 1994 Mustang Cobra.
And a 1994 Cobra:
94Cobra-4.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Just saying as it will hard to get a guy to work on one,

I did all my work on my car back then as all guys did then.

--nonetheless, the cars are simple to work on so jack it up and do it like we did 25 years ago. Find the 4-spots that we did years ago. The rest of drivetrain is easy.

Some bolts will need standard while a small few will need metric. Mark all spaces. You will find it easy to work on.

It took me 6 hours to change my first transmission and one hour to do the third one,

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The 2013 Mustang got me interested and I found this forum while looking and bought mine in the marketplace 11 years ago.

svt2205

Established Member
Just an occasional visitor here these days. Did folks go else where or just move along to other things? Where does the time go....

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
My original account was created in 2002 but I forget the account name / password sometime after my first deployment so I made a new one in 07. Forums were awesome until they died off in 2015ish. I remember in 2011 this site was amazing then slowly but surely membership / activity started to die off. Facebook sucks in comparison, any idiot can post wrong information and most do. Forums, like this one, had real subject matter experts back in the day.

TXRickC

Established Member
Long time lurker. Still wish I pulled the trigger on a '95 R purchase back in 2005, oh well... life happens. Still enjoy scrolling through the forums here every week or so.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Just an occasional visitor here these days. Did folks go else where or just move along to other things? Where does the time go....

I'm still here once or twice a week.

There are a number of us on Facebook. There is a specific 1995 R forum and also a 93-95-00 R forum. You can search for them and they should pop up.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread