how many quarts of oil

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Anyone in AZ? Reason I ask is because of the temp swing from winter to summer. Not trying to stir the pot, this is an honest question. As for the tranny, just run ATF from Amsoil?

Secondly, did someone say we get a deal through SVTP? If so where, how?

Yes, Amsoil has a new ATF out, however, it's a lesser grade than their Signature Series formulation that I recommend.

My recommendations stand for all climates in the GT500, especially since all of the formulations have better cold flow protection in cold climates, and shearing stability in harsh ones.

Preferred Customers buy Amsoil 25% off retail.

I can't believe there is another thread on this topic.

I know, right!

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Threads like this one pop up at least once a week mostly because people don't read the thread about UOA in the greasy spoon forum. I'm sure there are old school mechanics out there that recommend Amalie oil or even Walmart oil "as long as you change it every 3K miles".

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have read so many different things on which oil to run, ford says stay with theirs others say Mobil 1. Hear a lot of horror stories on amsoil down here. Anyone running the amsoil in the texas heat?

Click on the oil thread Beast links to. It answers all the questions and has actual oil test results, not random opinions which are worthless :)

Cliff Notes: Run Amsoil 10w40

Users who are viewing this thread