how many quarts of oil

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I have a complete application guide for this car. However, you will want to read a some threads to understanding why.

GT500 UOA thread

and the first post of this thread.

Shelby Oil

Factory Fill is 6.5 quarts (stock oil pan) and 8 quarts with an aftermarket oil pan.

Amsoil 10W-40 – Use this if you have the stock 192* thermostat, or you road race your car for extended sessions.

Amsoil 10W-30 – Use this if you have the reisch 170* thermostat, and you do NOT road race your car. Street brawls and drag racing is OK with this lubricant.

Amsoil EaO11 oil filter - 98.7% efficiency @ 20 microns, yet still flow better than a Motorcraft FL-820 (only 93.7% efficiency @ 20 microns).

Make your T6060 transmission shift like butter.

Amsoil Synthetic ATF - 3.6 quart fill (buy a gallon and use the left over fluid in your power steering pump)

Bottle Hand Pump - fits quarts and gallons (makes refilling the transmission and rear differential very easy)

For your rear differential

Amsoil 75W-140 - 2.1 quart fill (I've found that 2 quarts + 4 ounces of friction modifier to be more than sufficient)

Friction modifier is required in the factory differential. Use all 4 ounces

Amsoil Slip Lock - 1 bottle required

Maybe in the future you would be interested to know how well your engine is performing internally. It's also a good community contribution to the UOA chart I have been putting together. All help is appreciated.

UOA testing kit

and never pay retail price for it.

Preferred Customer

Excellent Post Beast! Thanks and this is the perfect set of cliff notes I've been looking for as a quick reference.:beer:

NJSP117

Established Member
Bwahahahaha! He said "spoken" :lol:

We beat drums in this tribe, in case you don't understand why.....

mursi-tribe-ethiopia-1.jpg

That is SICK!!
DAM!!

snkbitn

Established Member
Great post! Thanks Beast.

I only got 800 miles on my 2012 before it got stored away for winter. What is your advice on when to make the first oil change? The 6 month indicator is telling me to change. Thanks!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

I only got 800 miles on my 2012 before it got stored away for winter. What is your advice on when to make the first oil change? The 6 month indicator is telling me to change. Thanks!

Change your oil right before you put it into storage. When you bring it out in the spring, take the car for a long 30 minute drive to get the oil hot and up to operating temperature for an extended period of time. This will "condition" the lubricant making it suitable for the rest of your driving season.

Repeat this process at storage time.

*This process works BEST with true synthetic base stocks, as they are rated for one year use before changing assuming the mileage limitations are not exceeded.

Last edited:

Olisickstang

Established Member

I change my oil every time I stored my car because the oil is contaminated. And a stagnant oil loses its ability. So you will need to change it after the storage.

Don't forget to reset the oil indicator.

Cheers,
Olivier

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
what is the reason to run amsoil if running a 170 t-stat? Could we run that oil without it? And does apply to the dominator series?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
what is the reason to run amsoil if running a 170 t-stat? Could we run that oil without it? And does apply to the dominator series?

Cooler engine = Cooler oil

Cooler oil = more viscous oil

That means you can drop a grade to maintain proper oil pressure.

This applies to all engine lubricants, not just Amsoil.

C_J

Established Member
I have read so many different things on which oil to run, ford says stay with theirs others say Mobil 1. Hear a lot of horror stories on amsoil down here. Anyone running the amsoil in the texas heat?

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
I have read so many different things on which oil to run, ford says stay with theirs others say Mobil 1. Hear a lot of horror stories on amsoil down here. Anyone running the amsoil in the texas heat?

Or AZ?

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I'm running Amsoil SS 10W30 in my '13 Shelby with the stock thermostat in Florida heat and humidity and the engine definitely runs better than with Motorcrap 5W50 or even Mobil 1 (I've tried them both) and I still don't have any "horror stories" to tell.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Both the main tuners said to stay away from it that it breaks down on dyno runs with 1000+ rwhp engines and both recommended Mobil 1.

isyIFSIyjVjdk.gif

That goes against every UOA from Amsoil and Mobil 1 we have seen in the past 3 years. Do yourself a favor, tell your "tooners" to keep "tooning", because they know nothing about engine lubricants. Let me guess, they probably think Mobil 1 is still a true PAO/Ester synthetic.

I'd love to see a side by side UOA comparison of Amsoil Signature Series or RD30 vs. Mobil 1 in a 1,000 HP engine. Both samples used for 2,000 miles or more. I will already tell you how this is going to end. Mobil 1 is going to shear, Amsoil isn't.

Last edited:

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Many people, with excellent results.

Anyone in AZ? Reason I ask is because of the temp swing from winter to summer. Not trying to stir the pot, this is an honest question. As for the tranny, just run ATF from Amsoil?

Secondly, did someone say we get a deal through SVTP? If so where, how?

Users who are viewing this thread