How much power needed to take down a 2009 ZR-1??

Blaine

Established Member
700+ HP from a Shelby wont' do it.. unless you modded your suspension/rear tire choice. You can have 1000 HP on stock tires and get smoked.

I've seen GT500's with stock superchargers run low 10's because of perfect setups, and I've seen plenty of KB/Whippled GT500's run high 11's or worse due to poor suspension/tire choice.

It not all power to win a race. If you do race him.. don't be stupid by racing him at a high speed roll. The higher the speed the more of an advantage you give the ZR1.

...and bring some DR's.

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
700+ HP from a Shelby wont' do it.. unless you modded your suspension/rear tire choice. You can have 1000 HP on stock tires and get smoked.

I've seen GT500's with stock superchargers run low 10's because of perfect setups, and I've seen plenty of KB/Whippled GT500's run high 11's or worse due to poor suspension/tire choice.

It not all power to win a race. If you do race him.. don't be stupid and race him for a high speed roll and bring some DR's.

I always run DR's :burnout:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
i would say at least get a 100 shot wet.. and some good tires. his ass will be surprised that a little cobra could keep up or beat a big bad expensive zr1

There's always someone faster, but no matter what that ZR1 is nicer. :banana:

brainpa

Established Member
hmm, I think the trade in mod would be best if you are looking to beat a ZR1.

A Ford GT with a Whipple will do it for ya. A 2008 Dodge Viper with a good tune, CAI and exhaust will do it too.

Keep in mind the ZR1 is pretty much a modded Z06. It also is fairly close to max limits. Any ZR1 modded much more is a vehicle ready to break apart.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. The ZR's have FORGED internals....It is NOT on the ragged edge.

Read: LS9

C6Z06427

Established Member
Wow, its funny reading these stories that a car needs two power adders to beat something out there..

Back to the OP, yea you will need at least 100rwhp to hang with the ZR1. So bump up the boost man and lets us know what happens... And for the love of God, please have somebody videotape this

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Wow, its funny reading these stories that a car needs two power adders to beat something out there..

Back to the OP, yea you will need at least 100rwhp to hang with the ZR1. So bump up the boost man and lets us know what happens... And for the love of God, please have somebody videotape this

I don't know why its funny when you have a purpose built sports car costing around 100K when new going against a pony car costing 40K when new. That extra 60k in design and construction is pretty difficult to over come.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
I don't know why its funny when you have a purpose built sports car costing around 100K when new going against a pony car costing 40K when new. That extra 60k in design and construction is pretty difficult to over come.

60K? LoL. With 60k I can make a Focus run 9's and smoke a ZR1. But at the end of the day... its still a Focus. ZR1 is one BAD A$$ looking car from the factory.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member

He doesn't need two power adders. LOL, he just doesn't have the right one to only use one. Then again neither do I. Who cares as long as he sees my tailights. :-D

20stang02

Established Member
Make sure you have a tire on there, and maybe a 100 octane tune with some more boost...1/4 mile from a dig, you have a shot, should be very close

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

Thats the argument I tried to make earlier and my shit got jumped.

radaman

Established Member
My old neighbor bought a new 2009 ZR-1 a few weeks ago. The car is beautiful and fast as hell. He keeps joking that he would like to race my Cobra. My question is, what would it take to beat this car. The guy knows how to drive and as far as I know the car is stock. How much power would I need to safely beat this car in a race (probably from a dig and from a roll).

Or will I get whopped no matter what I do?? :shrug:

Thanks.

Ill say it comes down to what u currently run in the 1/4. Get your car in the 11.0 range and go from there, but stick to no more than a 1/4 mile as a ZR1 will pull very hard from 130mph.

Users who are viewing this thread