How much power the 6r80 A6 handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A good tune is the starting point for these transmission as has been said.

First upgrade would be the stage 2 exedy clutches. The 2nd being the billet intermediate shaft.

If you plan on making big power, it's best to do them at the same time, as you don't have any additional labor to put the shaft in. At least with us.

We have the clutches and shafts in stock almost all the time.

I will still be on the 6r80 in BG in 2 weeks, hoping for 8.2's at a minimum from the 6r80

Last edited:

mechanicboy

Established Member
A good tune is the starting point for these transmission as has been said.

First upgrade would be the stage 2 exedy clutches. The 2nd being the billet input shaft.

If you plan on making big power, it's best to do them at the same time, as you don't have any additional labor to put the shaft in. At least with us.

We have the clutches and shafts in stock almost all the time.

I will still be on the 6r80 in BG in 2 weeks, hoping for 8.2's at a minimum from the 6r80

What will a stock trans handle long term with a good tune and mild(only occasionally) racing?

mechanicboy

Established Member
if the tune is perfect, more than the block will hold.

the trick is, it only takes a couple of flares for the trans to go to crap

I assume the truck trans is the same, or does it have different clutches? I know the eco has a different 6th gear.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Everyone is saying INPUT shaft. It isn't the INPUT shaft that is problematic at exorbitant power levels, it is the INTERMEDIATE shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread