how to: clone a termi

black 10th vert

Established Member
save for a Cobra guys have bought cobras here for as cheap as 11-13k, some even cheaper, you will still spend a decent amount buying body parts even it you find good deals, front and rear bumpers often sell for 500,rear wing deck lid sells for close to 500 and hood sells for 4-500, thats close to 2g's just for the basic parts, not to include all the small stuff, plus like they said you will need to paint the entire car if you want it to look half way decent, then add in rims and now you just have a gt that people get excitied when they see it just to realize that its a gt. there is a nice clone in kansas city mo for like 6k though, may be cheaper to just buy one done.

^ this right here is a key point! Say you do proceed with this, and dump 6-7k into all of the parts, paint, etc. to complete your clone... when it's all said and done, you will never get back your investment, because you will be lucky to get the money back for the clone stuff, and be giving the rest of the car away for free, as in the example above. Keep what you have and enjoy it, then when the right deal comes along for a real Cobra, then move on it, if you are able. If you can afford to make a clone, then you can afford to use that same money toward the real deal, add whatever you can sell your GT for, and you are likely not far off from the real thing anyway.;-)

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've never claimed my car to be anything that it's not, but it's my car and I'm pretty damn happy with it, so it is what it is. Isn't it funny how the "fake terminators" (ie: Teal Terminator, Boss 32V, Cobra Territory, My car) end up turning out nicer than most real ones.

My 01 Cobra looks better than most 03/04s so I'm pretty content with that, plus I have a really big dick, so that keeps me happy.

^ Sig worthy material right there!:lol::rolling:

CobraMac

Established Member
I've never claimed my car to be anything that it's not, but it's my car and I'm pretty damn happy with it, so it is what it is. Isn't it funny how the "fake terminators" (ie: Teal Terminator, Boss 32V, Cobra Territory, My car) end up turning out nicer than most real ones.

My 01 Cobra looks better than most 03/04s so I'm pretty content with that, plus I have a really big dick, so that keeps me happy.

Know what's weird...is that the ones that are cloned look a little better because they have all NEW PAINTED PARTS. If everyone with an 03/04 went out and got their panels painted it would be a different story. And you guys doing the cloning would not understand our feelings unless you bought,paid for, and owned a real Terminator yourself. Go on a corvette forum and see how happy the Z06 guys are when regular C6 guys clone the car. And I'm willing to bet without a DOUBT that 99% of clone owners when told "Hey man, nice Terminator" NEVER go "Oh thanks...it's not a terminator though, its a 01 cobra with terminator body panels put on it" or "Thanks, it's actually still a V6, just looks like a Terminator".

mrose75

Established Member
Wow!! 80% percent of these post need to be in the Smackdown! The question was "How to clone a Termi":)xpl:, sorry it still disgusts me), not "What are your personal feelings about cloned Cobras?". Fraud? We are all committing fraud by doing power mods then because we are no longer at the underrated 390HP. Taking things a little personal, are we? It's his car, he can do what he feels. He doesn't require anyone's approval to build a Fobra. Now if he were taking parts off your Cobra to do it I could see why everyone's panties are in a bunch. I say go for it, just do it tastefully. Not that you need my go ahead. Hell, you said you've got a big dick that keeps you happy, who am I to rain on your parade?

Competition, nice looking Cobra!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
In my opinion, there is a LARGE difference between a FOBRA and a CLONE.

A Fobra looks like a Cobra only.

A Clone is only lacking the vin number of a COBRA, yet has EVERYTHING else.

It is a pretty excepted term in gearhead land and a Terminator CLONE is not possible without a TERMINATOR engine and everything else, usually out of a wreck, to make it visually and functionally a Terminator Cobra.

That's how it's done on the old Muscle cars, we used to put all the important go fast parts in first and then the body stuff at the end.

A Fobra is the very definition of a poser's car.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I've never called my car a Terminator so I don't see a huge deal. I just simply think 03/04 cars look 100% better than 99/01 cars, and I couldn't afford a 03/04 so that's the route I went. I don't think it's the same as "turning a Corvette into a fake Z06" because I'm not making a V6 or a GT look like a Cobra, I'm putting COBRA parts on a COBRA. It's still the same thing, just a different year of body panels. It would be no different than C5 Z06 guys putting C6 Z06 newer style emblems and wheels on their C5 Z06.

Wow!! 80% percent of these post need to be in the Smackdown! The question was "How to clone a Termi":)xpl:, sorry it still disgusts me), not "What are your personal feelings about cloned Cobras?". Fraud? We are all committing fraud by doing power mods then because we are no longer at the underrated 390HP. Taking things a little personal, are we? It's his car, he can do what he feels. He doesn't require anyone's approval to build a Fobra. Now if he were taking parts off your Cobra to do it I could see why everyone's panties are in a bunch. I say go for it, just do it tastefully. Not that you need my go ahead. Hell, you said you've got a big dick that keeps you happy, who am I to rain on your parade?

Competition, nice looking Cobra!

Thanks man! :beer:

Know what's weird...is that the ones that are cloned look a little better because they have all NEW PAINTED PARTS. If everyone with an 03/04 went out and got their panels painted it would be a different story. And you guys doing the cloning would not understand our feelings unless you bought,paid for, and owned a real Terminator yourself. Go on a corvette forum and see how happy the Z06 guys are when regular C6 guys clone the car. And I'm willing to bet without a DOUBT that 99% of clone owners when told "Hey man, nice Terminator" NEVER go "Oh thanks...it's not a terminator though, its a 01 cobra with terminator body panels put on it" or "Thanks, it's actually still a V6, just looks like a Terminator".

Most of my body panels came off a MG Cobra, so they're still factory paint. Every time I post a photoshoot of my car, or any pictures of it, I put 01 in the title, or make some sort of mention to it being an 01. Again, I've never tried to make it sound like something it's not. It's not like it's a V6, it's a COBRA with COBRA body panels, Jesus Christ.

I have a SS camaro, and if I see a V6 Camaro with a SS hood or spoiler, do I stop and call the guy a ***? No, because I could give two ****s.

^ Sig worthy material right there!:lol::rolling:

:thumbsup:

CobraMac

Established Member
In my opinion, there is a LARGE difference between a FOBRA and a CLONE.

A Fobra looks like a Cobra only.

A Clone is only lacking the vin number of a COBRA, yet has EVERYTHING else.

It is a pretty excepted term in gearhead land and a Terminator CLONE is not possible without a TERMINATOR engine and everything else, usually out of a wreck, to make it visually and functionally a Terminator Cobra.

That's how it's done on the old Muscle cars, we used to put all the important go fast parts in first and then the body stuff at the end.

A Fobra is the very definition of a poser's car.

x1000000

Digital

Established Member
I don't need nice new shiny parts. I actually have a terminator and put my money into speed while you're scraping pennies together for a fender.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I don't need nice new shiny parts. I actually have a terminator and put my money into speed while you're scraping pennies together for a fender.

The reason I don't have a Terminator is because I have a drag radial Camaro that I chose to put my money for speed into. My 01 Cobra (you know, the one with the 03 parts and CCWs) is my summer DD.

PS. You should def go with the lambo doors, shithead.

Last edited:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
we get wanna be's around here too. try a 6cylinder badged and striped to appear as a shelby gt500. hey wtf. if it makes 'em all wet and ready, who cares? i wouldn't wanna be seen in it.

CobraMac

Established Member
The reason I don't have a Terminator is because I have a drag radial Camaro that I chose to put my money for speed into. My 01 Cobra (you know, the one with the 03 parts and CCWs) is my summer DD.

Wow you're taking it to just as much of a personal level there. You will never understand our side of the situation. It bugs the hell out of me when guys out here have Terminator body parts and tell people its a cobra when half the time it's a GT...and I call them out on it. Maybe you're one of VERY few that says what your car really is....but we all know that most of the time that is not true. Yes your car looks nice...and mine looks amazing too...but no matter what, the look doesn't make it the real thing...we all know that....but some people don't understand it.

Btw....enjoy your infraction. Save the name calling for smackdown.

Digital

Established Member

How does having drag radials on a car mean anything? My cobra is my daily driver. What's your point? I rather like the lambo doors regardless of the general opinion of the forum. See how that works? That's me actually NOT letting something bother me.

Wow you're taking it to just as much of a personal level there. You will never understand our side of the situation. It bugs the hell out of me when guys out here have Terminator body parts and tell people its a cobra when half the time it's a GT...and I call them out on it. Maybe you're one of VERY few that says what your car really is....but we all know that most of the time that is not true. Yes your car looks nice...and mine looks amazing too...but no matter what, the look doesn't make it the real thing...we all know that....but some people don't understand it.

Btw....enjoy your infraction. Save the name calling for smackdown.
He went from saying that it doesn't bother him to looking up my thread and post history in detail. Then he made a ton of excuses and tried to bash me after he had his stalker moment with my profile. Oh ya. We can all tell it doesn't bother you what we think lol.

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
How does having drag radials on a car mean anything? My cobra is my daily driver. What's your point? I rather like the lambo doors regardless of the general opinion of the forum. See how that works? That's me actually NOT letting something bother me.

He went from saying that it doesn't bother him to looking up my thread and post history in detail. Then he made a ton of excuses and tried to bash me after he had his stalker moment with my profile. Oh ya. We can all tell it doesn't bother you what we think lol.

Drag Radial is a class, like Outlaw 10.5, ect. We both have different opinions, but you're right, I'm not going to let it get to me. I think anyone should do anything they like to their own car, that's what makes looking at everyones different rides on here so much fun. I wish you the best with your car, regardless of your opinion of mine. :beer:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Maybe you're one of VERY few that says what your car really is....but we all know that most of the time that is not true. Yes your car looks nice...and mine looks amazing too...but no matter what, the look doesn't make it the real thing...we all know that....but some people don't understand it.

:beer:

brunocobratt

Established Member
well, what the op is trying to do is just wrong in my opinion, make a v6 look like a cobra without having the power to back it up, not good. i have a ferminator not a fobra, it is a cobra after all, i started with only the wheels and after the twinturbo install i decide to put the 03/04 front bumper because of the bigger hole in the bumper for the intercooler, than after that my stock motor blew up, i replaceded with a 04 motor and went nuts after than, the true is this if you have a new edge mustang and want the best look a new edge mustang can look, you have to go with the terminator body parts, there is no aftermarket parts that can't bet the looks of a terminator, no sallens, no steeda or mach 1 can't come close what am i going to do, not install in my car because if i do that will make it a clone. no i don't think so. i think if you make as fast as a real one it is not bad, and i always make sure a tell everyone than it is not a 03/04 but a 01 with 03/04 body parts and motor, there is some exotics and c6z06 owners that will respect more a terminator after they met my car .

mrose75

Established Member
Wow

Somebody has a slight superiority complex.....:rollseyes: Seriously, it's his car. If he can't afford a Cobra or has better things to do with his money than to buy a Terminator that's his business. Why do people get so butt hurt by what someone else does with the money they earn and the property they own? How does that affect you? I thought this was a website for car enthusiasts, not elitists. If you're excited about cars I thought you were welcome here. I agree, it's one thing to have a fake and try to pass it off as the real deal is a douchebag move. But if I own a V6 and don't have the need for speed, want the insurance premiums, can't/won't pay Terminator prices but love the look.... It is a good looking machine, I can't blame them.

mrose75

Established Member
if you have a new edge mustang and want the best look a new edge mustang can look, you have to go with the terminator body parts, there is no aftermarket parts that can't bet the looks of a terminator, no sallens, no steeda or mach 1 can't come close[/I.

My point exactly......

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Somebody has a slight superiority complex.....:rollseyes: Seriously, it's his car. If he can't afford a Cobra or has better things to do with his money than to buy a Terminator that's his business. Why do people get so butt hurt by what someone else does with the money they earn and the property they own? How does that affect you? I thought this was a website for car enthusiasts, not elitists. If you're excited about cars I thought you were welcome here. I agree, it's one thing to have a fake and try to pass it off as the real deal is a douchebag move. But if I own a V6 and don't have the need for speed, want the insurance premiums, can't/won't pay Terminator prices but love the look.... It is a good looking machine, I can't blame them.

I agree, as long as they don't put the Cobra badges on.

FORD4U

Established Member
what is wrong with you people? there is one thing that keeps coming to mind everytime i read threads here, there are a lot of people here with great paying job that make a lot of money, news flash for you, other people with less money still have wants, and if a bumper and hood feels that want then so be it, he isnt asking for your approval, he isnt asking for you to ride with him, he isnt asing you to buy the parts for the car and hes not asking you to buy the car from him, besides he can get aftermarket parts pretty cheap. OP i think you should build this and post lots of pictures all over the forum of your build lol. some of the guys on here need to calm down and stay in their own lane lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread