How to drain fuel lines, and tank for E85

secretcitizen

Established Member
I will be switching to corn soon and I would like to hear how some of you guys swap out fuels.
I've found the jpc drain kit, but I would rather find a cheaper solution.

Can I just run it down to 0miles and fill and drive for a few miles on corn before the tune change ?

I had seen something about a gt 500 fuel filter to drain the line, what all do I need for it?

Thanks to anyone that helps.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I will be switching to corn soon and I would like to hear how some of you guys swap out fuels.
I've found the jpc drain kit, but I would rather find a cheaper solution.

Can I just run it down to 0miles and fill and drive for a few miles on corn before the tune change ?

I had seen something about a gt 500 fuel filter to drain the line, what all do I need for it?

Thanks to anyone that helps.

Not sure if serious, but ok here goes. drive it.... Get it down to E then just fill it up with E85 if you have the abillity to flash the tune while you are at the pump. If you are bringing it somewhere for a tune, get a gas can and fill it up with your E85, then run that bitch down to E if you have to drive it a little before you get to the tuner. When I switched, my car had about an 1/8th tank of 93 in it. When I topped it off with E85 and flashed it, it ran perfect and has ever since. This is not rocket science, and you dont need to drain every last drip out. Seriously you are way over thinking this. And if you spend a dime for some kit to drain the fuel system, you may want to check out this bridge I have for sale. Its right up your alley....

:rolleyes:

BV600

Established Member
run it to E, Pull the fuel pump fuse then le the car die to clear lines, injectors. I don't think its necessary though

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
your tuner should also be able to supply you with a tune to turn the pumps on and you can pop a fuel line off and drain it that way as well

EricM

Established Member
Don't waste your money on the fuel drain. I was worried about doing this myself but it's as simple as can be. Pop off the fuel line at the hardline on the rails and let it flow into a gas can. Your tuner should be able to send you a tune that keeps the pump running with the key on.

It's like a 1 out 10 difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread