How to put a Twin Screw Supercharger on an 01 Cobra

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
Horsepower doesn't kill bearings. High rpm and lack of lubrication kill them. .

What he said. I've owned my 99 for 13 years and twice spun bearings in the motor and I'm N/A. Both times the bearings spun the engine was above 5500 RPM. T

RX1Cobra

Established Member
What he said. I've owned my 99 for 13 years and twice spun bearings in the motor and I'm N/A. Both times the bearings spun the engine was above 5500 RPM. T

How'd you manage that twice? Low on oil both times? I've owned mine since new and it's the original motor. Do you put in 7 qts of oil?

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
How'd you manage that twice? Low on oil both times? I've owned mine since new and it's the original motor. Do you put in 7 qts of oil?

Low on oil the first time, and that's when I found out I should put 7qts in. The second time the engine got hot (didn't boil over, just above normal) because my cooling fan quit and I was stuck in traffic. I got home and changed the oil and babied it for a couple thousand miles. Then the first pull past 5000 RPM it happened.

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
Still have your stock oil cooler?

When I did the rebuild I got a new one. When I did a motor swap I just parted out my old motor so the oil cooler got tossed. But for any engine I had in my 99 I was always running the stock oil cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread