Hurricane Irma

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
FL is good at getting ahead of the game, hopefully don't actually need it but we're preparing like we will. Grocery stores already being picked clean of water and such.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya multiple wont be fun, especially when thinking about getting the power back on since crews will be split up. I'm thankful they just did upgrades to all our underground power in my little area

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_2799.JPG

Established Member
How many people get paid to draw a different line on the map? Money says that map is garbage in 12 hours

nxhappy

Established Member
**** who knows. It's pretty far out right now. Hopefully it won't hit Florida. Maybe it will die off before then.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I keep the generators ready. I'll probably just top off the freezer with meat, fill the various fuel tanks (including propane), and buy some bottled water. Other than those consumables we stay pretty well prepped year round.

nxhappy

Established Member
I keep the generators ready. I'll probably just top off the freezer with meat, fill the various fuel tanks (including propane), and buy some bottled water. Other than those consumables we stay pretty well prepped year round.
time for some Bush Beans haha

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Blah, zero ****s given here. I work in a resort. I was off today, but tomorrow I'll sign up for the "ride out crew" meaning they put me up, and I'm on the clock until I leave, so sleeping too. Last hurricane, I think I made like $1,500 in 2 days via double time, plus tips, and free food too.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
not looking good. Each update still has it going though Florida.

It's already at 939mB and 150mph winds. And now it'll be hitting warmer waters.
If it doesn't weaken I'll be heading out on Saturday. Maybe to Dallas again(family).

Sucks, know a couple families in Tampa that are projected to give birth next weekend. And my wife will be 8 months next weekend.

South Florida will be getting rain all this week too, so the ground will be saturated this weekend.
Weather Channel reported last night there could be isolated areas o up to 24" of rain, with a good size cone showing 12" of rain

Invest 94, Jose, also is something to watch too.
Could be a major, and it's behind Irma
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#94L

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread