Hurricane Irma

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Alright......which one of you jackals is this fella? :D

21740674_10215154572686423_6617450960786896427_n.jpg

Damn, and I thought i was desperate.... How many older ladies saw this and thought about it, you think?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It was pretty rough in Pinellas County
I lost power at 3am Sunday morning, I didn't come back til Tuesday night 10pm, it sucked. After a good sleep in the AC gotta climb the roof and remove some big chunks of tree.
20170911_1620161.jpg

This one landed perfectly parallel to the house... My Cobra is on the other side of that door.
20170911_1620411.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
We faired alright. Have one large tree limb down over our private road and a ton of smaller limbs all over the place. Cleaned them up yesterday. Also had about 9 million baby pinecones that are sharp as razor blades.

During the storm, we saw 10.5 feet above tide storm surge. Rivals Hurricane Hugo. The back yard had about a foot of water in it (the whole thing), and the front road was completely covered. It was a bit nerve racking. But we survived

Coosawjack

Established Member
We had about a 14.5 foot High Tide......normal was 8.6 feet.....my dock was awash with at least a foot of water and lotsa nasty waves!!:eek:

Luckily it stayed put and the tide finally fell!!;)
DSCN4409.jpg

_Snake_

Established Member
I had my first hurricane shutter company come to the house for an estimate today. Shit ain't gonna be cheap. We're looking at an 18' roll-down door for the lanai (covers 3 sliding glass doors and gives us 300-400 sqft of storage for patio furniture, etc) and accordion style shutters for everything else.

Not surprisingly, there are companies with 3-4 weeks lead time for estimate appointments. Our next one is scheduled for the 28th.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres no way in the world I would get a quote on that stuff right now, they'll be screwing everybody.

Id quote that crap in like March of next year when theyre bored to tears and hungry

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
theres no way in the world I would get a quote on that stuff right now, they'll be screwing everybody.

Id quote that crap in like March of next year when theyre bored to tears and hungry

Ehh I don't think so. Hurricane season is every season all season long down here. I know you're in FL but it's not like it gets cold down yonder. We have bad enough storms year round that it is probably a fairly steady business. I live on the coast and while we might have some cold snaps, we don't have a ton of "seasonal" businesses.

_Snake_

Established Member
Ehh I don't think so. Hurricane season is every season all season long down here. I know you're in FL but it's not like it gets cold down yonder. We have bad enough storms year round that it is probably a fairly steady business. I live on the coast and while we might have some cold snaps, we don't have a ton of "seasonal" businesses.

This. Plus there's plenty of competition to keep prices down.

One could also easily argue that it's pointless to shop now because the season will be over by the time they're installed.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Or 2 years from now when Irma will be a memory and these companies will be sticking brochures on front door.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This. Plus there's plenty of competition to keep prices down.

One could also easily argue that it's pointless to shop now because the season will be over by the time they're installed.
I've been here 29 years and this is the first type of storm like this in Tampa, getting storm shutters installed next month for stupid money would be a quick reaction...

Users who are viewing this thread