Hurricane Irma

nxhappy

Established Member
fun fact - In the Northern Atlantic Ocean, a distinct hurricane season occurs from June 1 to November 30, sharply peaking from late August through September;[1] the season's climatological peak of activity occurs around September 10 each season.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ouch, lol. Although I don't know if the ground shaking is any better, haha.
It would take a pretty big one to get me. Although up until I bought this house I lived about a half mile from the San Andreas fault line.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Irma lost power and Jose turned away because we gave the U.N. $10m. Must be true, I heard it on Ground Zero.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Just got my power back this morning, still 94000/200000 without power with SECO in the CFL area.

Lot of traffic lights at very busy intersections are completely dead and fuel is rare to find. Crazy stuff out there but I am thankful to not be baking. Some people will have no power for weeks....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We luckily just have a few limbs down and I need to clean out a ditch/culvert. Was only on the generator for about an hour.

spectreman

Established Member
4 more hours of clean-up today and officially done, fini, no mas.

Outside of tree damage, one one other casualty- my glass table top for the outside patio. I was reassembling it yday when the rubber grommet that cushions the umbrella pole slipped out of its position. The weight of the umbrella and pole went immediately onto the glass at an angle and, ka-blammo, shatter central. Took me the better part of 1.5 hrs to clean up that mess.

I earned a lovely look from the wife on that one.
Oh well...

Pics of the Keys are showing a massive mess. Gonna be digging out of the for some time to come.

Lee

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Alright......which one of you jackals is this fella? :D

21740674_10215154572686423_6617450960786896427_n.jpg

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Got internet and cell service back this morning. Still without power. Not losing any sleep over it though...running on generator that runs AC upstairs, fridges, kitchen, etc. so no big loss for me.

Tons of limbs and other tree trash in yard but only a few trees down. No structural damage.

Driveway is flooded so hellcat stays in the garage but the jeeps can get out so I'm not stranded.

Thus far the only "damage" is a 21 year old bottle of high west whiskey. I can live with that.

94d5192c7183e8bd7f768e119fadf827.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread