I’ve got a clunking sound when turning corners in my 00R #219.

Steve T. Sr.

Established Member
When I turn into a tight corner I get a clunking sound from the inside rear wheel. Seller claims it’s normal, but my shop says diff rebuild, most likely posi related. Anyone have any history on this car?

MG0h3

Established Member
You may be able to reproduce it by jacking the car up and either holding one wheel while spinning the other, or spinning them in opposing directions.

I'm guessing the shop thinks its the spider gears.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The suspension on the 00R is not quiet, but mine doesn’t “clunk.” Have you gotten under it to see if everything is tight? I’m not sure about a diff rebuild, but I’d start with ensuring all bolts are snug front to back.

Steve T. Sr.

Established Member
When I turn into a tight corner I get a clunking sound from the inside rear wheel. Seller claims it’s normal, but my shop says diff rebuild, most likely posi related. Anyone have any history on this car?
Great suggestion, I’ll keep you posted. Torsen might be on the horizon, or Detroit Locker?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It's time to offload it at a substantial discount. I'm willing to give you a premium discount price and make the clunk my problem

nmp1

Established Member
mine does it as well. i believe its the sub frame moving around. if i go up a driveway incline at an angle or jack the rear up it does it as well as on tight corners.

MrHawK

Established Member
Once you here the clunk it quickly turns to JUNK, so I as well am also willing to give you a very healthy premium discounted price for this heap, I can pay in all forms of payment, check, EBT, baseball cards, WIC vouchers and $.99 store gift cards, choose your poison. Let your clunk become MY junk.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
If these cars are not driven frequently, the disc get no lubrication , and they clunk and pop.
My suggestion is to drive the car more frequently.
I have had several cars , that were the same as you describe, and the issues went away with more miles , and more frequent driving .

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Once you here the clunk it quickly turns to JUNK, so I as well am also willing to give you a very healthy premium discounted price for this heap, I can pay in all forms of payment, check, EBT, baseball cards, WIC vouchers and $.99 store gift cards, choose your poison. Let your clunk become MY junk.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'm going to use this at some point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TFStang

Established Member

Is this your car, or a car you are buying? How many miles in the car? Is it completely stock? Any accidents? How pronounced is the “clunk”? Is there any whining while driving in addition to the clunk?

Steve T. Sr.

Established Member
I bought this one and it has 9500 miles on it. Don’t know about any accidents, but it has a clean car fax. That’s why I asked if anyone knows the history of the car. Thanks for the offers, boys, but I do have a Contemporary Cobra with a 460 & toploader for sale if those bucks are burning a hole in your pockets. Thanks very much for the responses guys, very, very helpful.

TFStang

Established Member
Just noticed you are in Providence RI. Not too far from me. I hope to hit up a Cars & Coffee event in Newport sometime soon. You should take your R there. The event is sponsored by the Audrain Car Museum and takes place on the front lawn of one of the mansions. Great time.

Welcome aboard!

Steve T. Sr.

Established Member
I actually live in Newton, but was born in Providence. Love to know more about Newport. I'd probably bring the GT 40 and then raise hell around Tiverton and Sakonnet ;).

Users who are viewing this thread