I am paying to have all of this done to my GT500.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Eric Anderson on the left, me on the right

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

two passengers, poor traction on the strip, spinning all the way down :)

timeslip1.jpg

it reads:

60ft 2.162
MPH 95.94
ET 8.225

video is uploading- we destroyed the clutch on the second run- we knew this might happen and it ended our night- no disappointment here- replacement will be adequate for the power she is making :)

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
I forget - what clutch were you running?

I was going to ask the same thing. Didn't notice a new clutch listed in the original post. I saw your car make 2 passes and on the 2nd one I saw it smelled like you left a lot of that clutch at the starting line.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I forget - what clutch were you running?

McLeod RXT (was not part of the build-I put it in to replace the OEM clutch that finally gave up the ghost)...the McLeod is a fantastic clutch- we just over powered it...

I was going to ask the same thing. Didn't notice a new clutch listed in the original post. I saw your car make 2 passes and on the 2nd one I saw it smelled like you left a lot of that clutch at the starting line.

yes--no new clutch as part of the build...but now there is...lol...We let our friend Joey (in the Civic) get a third of the way down the track before we left and in our attempt to over take him (I think we did at the wire) we just roasted it...McLeod is dead...long live McLeod...

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
video of the car's first ever 1/8th mile pass (click to watch):

th_IMG_1987.jpg

pardon any goofy commentary--we had fun and all reserve dissipated :)

the "let's do it again" part was the death knell for the clutch :)

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Sounded like the motor bounced of the limiter a few times, careful, that is not good to do.

I'm surprised they let a passenger down the track, none of the tracks her allow it.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Sounded like the motor bounced of the limiter a few times, careful, that is not good to do.

I'm surprised they let a passenger down the track, none of the tracks her allow it.

yes--it was the tire and/or clutch slip that caused that (I think)...

and yes- they allow passengers as long as you have an approved helmet and then the car cannot go faster than 8.5s (yes--we beat that but nothing was said)...

2nd2none

Established Member

They're not too strict with the rules here. Its not really a track. Its a part of the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot that they have turned into an 1/8 mile strip that they open up on a couple Fri nights each month. Thats why its also very slippery down the track. Its not prepped as good as you'd find at a normal strip.
Its not the greatest but it serves its purpose which was to cut down on the amount of illegal street racing out here

bull3441

Established Member
yes--it was the tire and/or clutch slip that caused that (I think)...

and yes- they allow passengers as long as you have an approved helmet and then the car cannot go faster than 8.5s (yes--we beat that but nothing was said)...
Michael wants the limiter out of the way on his motors. He'd rather over spin the motor than bounce the limiter. Raise that limiter and keep your shift point the same.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
They're not too strict with the rules here. Its not really a track. Its a part of the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot that they have turned into an 1/8 mile strip that they open up on a couple Fri nights each month. Thats why its also very slippery down the track. Its not prepped as good as you'd find at a normal strip.
Its not the greatest but it serves its purpose which was to cut down on the amount of illegal street racing out here

nope--not too strict

Users who are viewing this thread