I cant lie.....i miss my 03 cobra

coposrv

Established Member
Sn new edge can't compare to the gt500. Your '03 felt faster because it had a 79 fairmont under its body panels.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
For me there is something about the 03 that pulls me in. Not sure what it is but i love the body line and how raw the car is.

Finally, someone that gets it. That's a beautiful Shelby and no disputing the fact that it is leaps and bounds ahead of a Terminator, however, the RAW feeling of the 03-04 Cobra is why I want to keep mine.

It just boils down to the all around beast like rawness of the Terminator that's hard to match. Best looking rear end too.

Again, beautiful Shelby though..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
For the amount of money that you spend on the gt500 just think of the kind of Terminator that you could have with close to no miles. Something cleaner and faster than V8DERS car. Wish I had your problem however i love my cobra

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Have someonenfeel your head, I believe you're ill. I'd take that '13 over 2 03/04 Cobra's anyday. And I love the terminators.

Shhhh

Established Member
2013 GT500> 2003 Cobra
I feel for you but the 2013 is just better in ever way. I miss my '03 2.8KB Cobra but this '13 is doing its job to ease the pain hahaha.

To be honest, I was searching autotrader for another 03/04 Cobra today though. Just for a project toy :rockon:

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Miss the power? A pulley and tune on your 13 would be the equivalent of a twin turbo upgrade on the terminator.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
I'll be honest here too, there's nothing like the SN95/Fox chassis. Yes, the S197 is VERY enjoyable as a GOOD car but as a badass car that old 79-04 chassis just has such an awesome character I guess you could say.

I wasn't a fan of 03-04 Cobras as I have a sweet spot for foxes and 96-98 cobras with centri blowers but now after spending so much time with the '13 GT500 I've fallen in love with 03/04 Cobras and I want to get another one soon.

Bottom line, I enjoy the fact that the car is so refined and nice as a modern day car. It's amazing how far Ford has gotten. This car feels very.... Tame.

I miss the feel of the old chassis, it's scary, doesn't inspire confidence and it has a way greater fun factor :rockon:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
For me there is something about the 03 that pulls me in. Not sure what it is but i love the body line and how raw the car is.

I LOVE my 03 and everything about it, interior/exterior (I got a little help with the inside because its a 10th). I love the lines of the Cobras, and especially the hood and spoiler. Ford got it right with the Terminators for sure. I was never a fan of the GT500's until the restyle of the '10-'12, but even then I couldn't sell my Cobra for those. Then '13 came out and blew everything out of the water. I can't imagine getting rid of my particular Cobra because it was my affordable dream car that I was very lucky to get pretty much new in '06. It is in great shape with low miles and is paid off. If I could though, I would have a '13 GT500 in a heart beat. They are just too expensive for me unfortunately. I think I might be able to give up my Cobra for a '13 GT500 but that would be a VERY tough thing to do. It is nice not to have a car payment each month and have a car you absolutely love.

With that said, enjoy the crap out of the '13 because it has everything. Very jealous. :beer:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
You're insane to miss that car. I'd never even think about my Terminator ever again if I had a performance white '13 sitting in my garage (which may be sooner rather than later with this job lol)

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn Josh!!! we need to get together for lunch, i want to check that car out!

stangfreak

Established Member
The guy misses his cobra. Just because he has a better car, it doesn;t mean that for him, is the best car. It's hard to explain. I formed a huge bond with my 03 cobra and love it. Its hard for me to sell it. Yea the new shelby is bad ass, but, I like my cobra. Thats it.

Lot's of hater's who never owned a 03 automatically tell the OP that he is crazy.

You have a beautiful shelby man. I wish I could afford one and keep my 03 cobra.

MrGlock81

Established Member
The guy misses his cobra. Just because he has a better car, it doesn;t mean that for him, is the best car. It's hard to explain. I formed a huge bond with my 03 cobra and love it. Its hard for me to sell it. Yea the new shelby is bad ass, but, I like my cobra. Thats it.

Lot's of hater's who never owned a 03 automatically tell the OP that he is crazy.

You have a beautiful shelby man. I wish I could afford one and keep my 03 cobra.

+1 Both cars are awesome

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
you say its not a cobra... but its got a little snake on the sides that says otherwise:poke:

nice upgrade!

SSSLAV8

Established Member
I love the color combo on your GT500. Beautiful car!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread