I don't understand the MT82 complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead man walkin

Established Member
He may have pm'ed you with information, but its mostly incorrect, ... the first early run had issues with bolts backing out. And that caused the clutch pedal To stick at high rpm. My 2011 has had zero issues.. I can drive a stick though. And have long legs so I know when the clutch is fully depressed, and I don't have numb ham hocks for hands hammering the shifter like a roided up ray charles... And my car converted an M3 owner and a Z4M owner to switch cars... hell even my father in law admits my car shifts better than his z06. But hey mechanical failures happen to the best things. Its also true this subject is worn down

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
The bolts backing out isn't what causes the clutch pedal to stick...

Funny5.0

Established Member
Like other have said,
There are some defective one's out there but the majority abuse or drive incorrectly...

If big power and constant drag times are your goals the auto is clearly better.

If you want to feel connected and enjoy shifting the MT-82 is just fine.
Mine has been perfect after 23k hard (not abusive) miles.

cmsnake

Established Member
Ive had several manual cars from vettes to cobras to beamers. The mt82 is comparable to a beamer manual with some balls. Best way I can describe it. I love it in stock form. Short and slick. Can take a bang or two when needed. Thats what she said.

Of course ill be adding amsoil syncromesh and a boss tranny cooler when my tvs goes on in 2 weeks.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I got a PM from that guy who was talking shit in the second post with some good information

There's some good information there if you can get through the rhetoric.

I guess the 'private' part of private message means nothing?
Yes there have been a bunch of MT-82 revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread