I have a 2013 Shelby GT500 with the Performance Package. The problem is that it's "stuck" in Sport mode.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Here.....I left a review

Screenshot_20230907_213018.jpeg

Last edited:

fearthesnake

Established Member
Here.....I left a review

View attachment 1808528
Speaking of Reviews, dropped car off at dealer to have speaker work done. Sat over 3 weeks for it, wiring issue. Car was driven 21 miles while sitting for speaker issue. Kinda pissed about it as it was def driving for joy rides. It's my 2021, I haven't complained yet, have pics and all documentation to prove it.

What should I do? Just let it go or demand an apology or free oil change, something, before I actually leave a $hit review on their business.

LS WUT

Established Member
Speaking of Reviews, dropped car off at dealer to have speaker work done. Sat over 3 weeks for it, wiring issue. Car was driven 21 miles while sitting for speaker issue. Kinda pissed about it as it was def driving for joy rides. It's my 2021, I haven't complained yet, have pics and all documentation to prove it.

What should I do? Just let it go or demand an apology or free oil change, something, before I actually leave a $hit review on their business.
I’d talk to the head of the service department. It’s there for a speaker wiring issue, absolutely no need to move the car, unless it’s out of an engine bay due to other cars needing more detailed work. I can’t justify how it would need to be moved really at all, much less 21 miles. I always try and give someone the courtesy to make things right before I make things Public.

Similar situation happened to my brothers C7 corvette. His electronic E brake failed and due to my driveway being at an incline it rolled down my driveway and into my neighbors ditch. He put his car in valet mode so it records whenever the car is turned on. He caught the tech driving his car up and down 41. Drove it 7 miles and came back. Not once did he check for the E brake issue, or try to “replicate” it. I told him to get with whoever is I charge of the service department. I’m not sure it was ever “resolved” but I think they didn’t charge him for the visit, or refunded some of it.

Maybe @13COBRA can shed some advice?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Odometer should have been recorded during the inbound inspection, and than you sign the work order authorizing the repair.

Now, the dealership maintains responsibility.

Surprisingly, that's what transpired when I took my F250 in for a battery replacement under warranty. I like my new dealership in town.

Do you have Fordpass app for your Shelby. It should have a GPS history maybe?

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
If they would have crashed and injured somebody, it would have fallen on your insurance. I would be extremely angry, and demand some type of compensation, and never go back there! Absolutely no reason for the car to have even a mile extra!

Dragfan

Established Member
I'll vote with others on the gear change. I put 3.73 in mine and then changed them to
4.10. I like it much better, no way would I go back to the 3.31. But each to his own.
That's what makes this stuff so fun!

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I'll vote with others on the gear change. I put 3.73 in mine and then changed them to
4.10. I like it much better, no way would I go back to the 3.31. But each to his own.
That's what makes this stuff so fun!
Bumping this old thread since I finally got the 3.73s installed.

Lidio said to run it conservatively for about 100 miles to break it in.

What should I expect from the 3.73s? Better/faster launch? Better from a roll?

I know I mentioned running that BMW M4 competition and getting walked, should I expect some improvement with the 3.73s?

Hoping to get the 100 mile break in period done ASAP so I can finally drop the hammer and see what she does!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member

I know I mentioned running that BMW M4 competition and getting walked, should I expect some improvement with the 3.73s?

Hoping to get the 100 mile break in period done ASAP so I can finally drop the hammer and see what she does!

I just broke in a new Moser M88 with 3.55 gears. First drive should be approximately 10 miles at normal operating speed, accelerating and decelerating several times conservatively, then let differential cool completely. Next drive 20-25 miles under the same conditions, then let cool completely. Avoid constant freeway speeds during break-in. After that, you are pretty much good to go for longer cruises, but I had at least 400 miles on my new rearend before I went near WOT. And if your rear tires spun before the gear change, they will spin more now, but a good drag radial can fix that.

Your car will take off with less effort from a stop, it will accelerate quicker, you will require less downshifts due to engine operating higher in the powerband, RPMs will be up a few hundred more than you are used to in every gear, and gas mileage will go down slightly.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I just broke in a new Moser M88 with 3.55 gears. First drive should be approximately 10 miles at normal operating speed, accelerating and decelerating several times conservatively, then let differential cool completely. Next drive 20-25 miles under the same conditions, then let cool completely. Avoid constant freeway speeds during break-in. After that, you are pretty much good to go for longer cruises, but I had at least 400 miles on my new rearend before I went near WOT. And if your rear tires spun before the gear change, they will spin more now, but a good drag radial can fix that.

Your car will take off with less effort from a stop, it will accelerate quicker, you will require less downshifts due to engine operating higher in the powerband, RPMs will be up a few hundred more than you are used to in every gear, and gas mileage will go down slightly.
Great, thanks for the reply and info. Also good to know on the added mileage for break in.

Mine is a Ford racing 3.73.

Dragfan

Established Member

Glad you got it done. I think you will like the difference in your car. Yes do your break in, then try it out. lol You should notice quicker acceleration between gears, and be able to cruise around in the 30-60 mph range in 5th gear. Let us know what you think, after driving it some.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Glad you got it done. I think you will like the difference in your car. Yes do your break in, then try it out. lol You should notice quicker acceleration between gears, and be able to cruise around in the 30-60 mph range in 5th gear. Let us know what you think, after driving it some.
Will do.

Going out this evening to put some more miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread