I have to brake (break) 200 mph

Van@RevanRacing

You'd need WAY more than a standing mile to achieve 200 MPH in that car. The amount of power required to move the GT500 fast enough to overcome the drag resistance along would be a decent amount. Look at some of the past results for the Texas Mile events. Also try and find power numbers for those respected cars. It took a Ford GT over 2000 RWHP to achieve a 257 trap at the mile. Yeah, that's 57 MPH past 200, but it took over 3x the amount of power from a full race weight car that is MUCH slicker than a GT500.

Still waiting to see it do 200 though. YouTube will have it eventually.

This car............1029 RWHP and 930 RWTQ. 204.9 MPH into a 10 knot headwind. Texas Mile October 2011

The Fastest Standing Mile Supercharged Shelby GT500 AND Super Snake in the World - YouTube

This car.............1012 RWHP and 973 RWTQ 207.7 MPH with no wind. Texas Mile March 2012

Revan Racing Texas Mile Purpose Built Super Snake Convertible - YouTube

It's going to take a lot more space, sub 60 degree temperatures and a tail wind to put a 2013 over 200 MPH.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
Good luck dude - and please don't turn yourself into a road pizza, or your new Shelby into scrap metal. I agree with the others here, do not do this on public roads. I have run some vehicles quite fast as well - in Germany - still dangerous even though somewhat legal there. Remember that 200 MPH is faster that many aircraft!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
With 660 horses there's no reason to go over 175-180 on a public road. And that's only if you do the run at a time when no one else is on the road for you to possibly kill and there are no on-ramps, side-roads, or entrances for random people to pull out in front of you. Above that and you're covering too much ground too fast and accelerating too slowly to make it a very brief run (which is what it should be unless you have a deathwish).

And, you'd be surprised where you might cross paths with lidar at 3 am (I know I was), in which case I hope you have the attorney's fees and can take the hit on your license.

If I crossed paths with Lidar at 3am on a deserted highway going 150+ I wouldn't stop. No cop-car is gonna catch anything with a 150mph head start. You'd be gone before his slushbox even got out of 1st. Unless it's an urban area in which case why would you take the chance?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
If I crossed paths with Lidar at 3am on a deserted highway going 150+ I wouldn't stop. No cop-car is gonna catch anything with a 150mph head start. You'd be gone before his slushbox even got out of 1st. Unless it's an urban area in which case why would you take the chance?

THIS....:lol:

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member

Rofl :rockon:

peteypab2133

Established Member
With 660 horses there's no reason to go over 175-180 on a public road. And that's only if you do the run at a time when no one else is on the road for you to possibly kill and there are no on-ramps, side-roads, or entrances for random people to pull out in front of you. Above that and you're covering too much ground too fast and accelerating too slowly to make it a very brief run (which is what it should be unless you have a deathwish).

cannot out run a radio. Thats what my dad always told me growing up..

reason4treason

Established Member

Twas a brief jaunt, not going to say the speed, and only after resuming hwy speed and a few miles did lights appear. 2 in the car, both very young with the guy riding shotgun very composed, actually quite amused, and the driver very rattled. On return from GF's and had her 'scent' on me. When they went back to discuss what to do, I could hear the 'copilot' guy laughing his ass off, and the other one took about 10 minutes to de-escalate. I could hear the poor rattled one saying that I wanna take him in for wreckless but he smells like p*ssy at which point the sidekick howled all the more. I'm not going to evade. Had my fill of that back in the day. Lockdown ain't a place I care to be nowadays. They're probably still serviing baloney sandwiches and cool-aid if you're interested. There were no cars at all that I could see, and looooong straightways with concrete pavement which I find super inviting. Not going to go into any more details but I could live with how it turned out and that's why I asked the question last month about the MyKey feature and whether you could set it sort of as an upper limit cruise control at 99 'cause in my state, over 100 is a whole 'nother level of consequences. If need be, and the temptation is too strong, I have to pull over and use the second key which at least gives me a little time to reconsider some ill-advised impulse. I don't see a repetition of that. That's why I say, not on the freakin' highway dude, no matter if you're out in east bumfugg or not...but at some point you can lead the horse to water, but you may not be able to make him drink.

Last edited:

n2fords2003

Established Member
I am going to take it very serious. Thats way I made a post. Ive been 180+ many of times. Even on motorcycles. Ive been around racing my whole life. Im going to make changes to the car safety wise and power. Probably needs lowering to keep the air out from under it. I dont want to use public roads and a standing mile wont be enough for my car. Just brain storming here

monsterpost

Established Member
^^^^I've been over 160 on a few different bikes and let me tell you its a whole lot more intense on a bike compared to a car. Be safe.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ive gone over 200mph once in my life(750whp supra) and I dont care to do it again. When the white reflectors are going by about every .25ish second's you know your hauling ass.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I am going to take it very serious. Thats way I made a post. Ive been 180+ many of times. Even on motorcycles. Ive been around racing my whole life. Im going to make changes to the car safety wise and power. Probably needs lowering to keep the air out from under it. I dont want to use public roads and a standing mile wont be enough for my car. Just brain storming here

Not gonna happen on public roads unless you've got mega rwhp and it's super brief. Just not worth it. You'll have to find a huge track.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Why are you so hell bent on this?

Do it the right way, mod the car properly and take it to the Texas mile

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
This car............1029 RWHP and 930 RWTQ. 204.9 MPH into a 10 knot headwind. Texas Mile October 2011

The Fastest Standing Mile Supercharged Shelby GT500 AND Super Snake in the World - YouTube

This car.............1012 RWHP and 973 RWTQ 207.7 MPH with no wind. Texas Mile March 2012

Revan Racing Texas Mile Purpose Built Super Snake Convertible - YouTube

It's going to take a lot more space, sub 60 degree temperatures and a tail wind to put a 2013 over 200 MPH.

Thank you for posting these.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be tempted personally, but "ticket-fear" has kept my '99 under 95 on public roads 100% of the time for 7+ years.

Shouldn't be too much harder in a GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread