-IDEA- Would You support splitting the Terminator Forum into tech and show/talk

Do you support splitting the Terminator forum into show/talk and tech only?

• I like it the way it is.

Votes: 131 39.8%
  • Yes split it up.

Votes: 186 56.5%
  • We need another solution. (please specify)

Votes: 12 3.6%

• Total voters

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
:??:

Please pencil me in for your 4PM parting of the Red Sea... :thumbsup:

scroll up to the top of this post where my sig is being displayed. It's only showed once per page.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
scroll up to the top of this post where my sig is being displayed. It's only showed once per page.

I did look at the sig :??: , "Driven by Suffering"... Hmmm. I was mistaken. Are you going to rise from the dead soon??? :thumbsup: :-D

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You have a lot more posts per day than me because I registed a long ass time ago, but don't you get sick off the same posts day in and day out? It's getting stupid. I'm finally getting tired of it and decided to protest the fact noone uses the damn search button and put the posts in the right forum. /rant off

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You have a lot more posts per day than me because I registed a long ass time ago, but don't you get sick off the same posts day in and day out? It's getting stupid. I'm finally getting tired of it and decided to protest the fact noone uses the damn search button and put the posts in the right forum. /rant off

I know what you mean. I was only kidding with you. You are correct. People should use the search. Then again, people should use deodorant too but that doesn't prevent them from "stinking it up".

Splitting the forum makes sense. :beer:

o1fastcobra

Established Member
how about you brake it down further
-chassis
-engine
-trans
-rearend
-tunning
-styling
-etc.......

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
What's the best sounding cat-back anyway?
Do I need a tune with my new pulley?
What's the deal with this ticking noise I keep hearing?
My car is a lemon - Ford didn't paint the underside of the hood!
Why does my car clunk when I shift?
Just killed a Geo Metro on NOS! Let me tell you about it...
Is Zaino a decent wax? Let's see some pics!

:bash: :burn: :cuss: :nono: :nonono: :rolleyes: :kaboom: :mj:

Uhhh...let's just say I voted for the split! :-D

-Greg
ahhaah thats so rue i voted split because so much of the good info goes to waste b/c people ask questions like the ones top fuel poseted without searching. Sometimes it gets so hard trying to find a thread that you posted in 15mins before:nono: :cuss:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
how about you brake it down further, -chassis
-engine
-trans
-rearend
-tunning
-styling

No way, that would mean people would have to check 5 different forums just to cover everything for the 03 cobra. That would be a big waste of time.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
More than 60% of the users that voted are not satisfied with the way the forum is currently setup. Can we do something about it Mr. Moderator?

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
So what's holding this up anyway.

I've got some whipple tech I'm waiting to add!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Let's call it simply "Terminator Tech"

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
You guys know I don't mind answering detailing questions over and over, but sometimes I do agree with Bassin that people need to learn to search!!! The info in the database is not going to become obsolete over time! Whatever wax was good last month will more than likely be OK to use next month ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Here's a suggestion. If it doesn't have to do with a Terminator don't post it in this forum. :)

There are many forums on this site and for some reason people do not or have not explored the other forums. We have a forum for posting pics, yet people post shitloads of pics here. We have a forum for videos, yet people post their videos here. We have a forum for general BS and people post their general BS posts here. :shrug:

It probably does need to be broken up and I'm for a detailing forum, if not to just get the zaino dividian away, but the general car wash questions out.
I agree. I think part of the problem is that many/most of us default to the Terminator forum and tend to post everything there. So whether you split the Terminator forum or not, if you're not going to move between forums it's a waste of time. We all need to simply think twice before posting. Terminator related goes here and everything else to the Lounge. Just my opinion. If there ever is a split, I like the idea of making the two forums easily accessible to encourage proper use of each.

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
......BUT the traffic in the terminator forum is crazy. If you want to find a thread from 3 days ago you need to go back 20 pages.
I agree !!, I have been frustrated with this pretty much since day one for me, I have a hard time finding things unless I've subscribed, or just to "catch up" on what happened last night, I have to go through so many pages, and then I still feel like I "missed" something, and hell, I'm gone sometimes 4 days at a time with my job, so I get really frustrated when I come back, I could have missed an entire thread with 20 friggen pages !!

Originally posted by Juiced-03
People would be discouraged to post if we had too many sub forums. It would be too complicated. We even have the Modifications sub forum which not many people use.
I agree with that too, this is a tough one, I am guilty of ONLY going to the Terminator forum. I think I need to "retrain" myself to go the the other forums for other info , (like pics and vids) however, sometimes I don't want to sort through a bunch of ricer vids, (or even "other" mustangs) if I want to specifically see an 03 or 04 Cobra.

One more Nit Pick on the search thing. There are certain topics you just can't search for and that is irritating. for example, I'm on the "new wheel" bandwagon lately, and you cannot search for "SSR" or "GT3" cause the words are too short, If you simply search for "wheels" "wheel pics" etc, you get so many responses, you have to go through 20+ pages to find what you want (back to problem one)

I guess it's nice to have such an active forum, but I suppose there is always room for improvement.

EDIT: speaking of frustration, I cannot search for BFG (too short) most people are too lazy to type "BF Goodrich" I can't search for "where to buy tires" cause "to" and even "buy" is too short, if I just search for "tires" I get 179 pages :fm: :fm: I see a bunch of sh*t about zaino and clearkote at the top of my search results, that have nothing to do with buying tires. I will try to narrow it down, but all my searches seem to be very time consuming.

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
On the 300zx.com forum for twin turbos they seperated the forum into tech and general and it works good and it clearafies the topics were they belong. I like the way this forum is managed and I have been on a forum that the moderator was agressive about just moving your thread with out telling you and it pissed a lot of people including me. When these cars get older and people sell or trade there cars and people get a chance to buy a used Cobra and they can't be bought new anymore the after market is going to get bigger and more tech question are going to come in after things start wearing down. Agian I saw it with the 300zxtt's I don't know if these cars are going to see 200,000 miles like my old 300zx tt did like alot of others are still seeing. the manufactored numbers are't as big either but the cycle is the same when the 2005's come out how many will sell and buy or when the new Cobras are what ever they are going to call the next super Mustang.

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
EDIT: speaking of frustration, I cannot search for BFG (too short) most people are too lazy to type "BF Goodrich" I can't search for "where to buy tires" cause "to" and even "buy" is too short, if I just search for "tires" I get 179 pages :fm: :fm: I see a bunch of sh*t about zaino and clearkote at the top of my search results, that have nothing to do with buying tires. I will try to narrow it down, but all my searches seem to be very time consuming.

Complain HERE with me.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104417

I started the thread last week when I ran into the same problem.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
I have an idea... what it you leave the terminator as is, but then add a non tech/ general to each forum, but what you do is have the link actually take you to the lounge for the non tech? You could do this for all forums and then you will have everyone going to the proper forum when wanting to talk BS.

Just a thought... rock on.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I definetly think it needs to be split, I have felt this way for a while just never voiced it. There are so many members on this site that the forum gets flooded, and everything that is important to some get shoved back so fast it's unreal. I think it would benifit both sides too tech/show.

I'm sure I said the same thing as others, but I say split it!:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
EDIT: speaking of frustration, I cannot search for BFG (too short) most people are too lazy to type "BF Goodrich"
Try searching for BFG* instead. Add a * if the word is too short.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
The minimum was lowered to 3 letters/numbers the other day. You should be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread