If you could bring back 1 band, who'd it be?

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
As already said, the real Alice in chains with Mike and Layne

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Agree with quite a few, my addition - the original Van Halen. A couple years ago I would have said Soundgarden but things worked out in my favor.

snakedoctor

Established Member
Guns n ****in' Roses

You will get your wish soon enough! Slash is going through a costly/messy divorce. Him and Axel will get together in order for him to recoup the costs. He sent Axel a happy birthday message on twitter the other day. Sounds like he's trying to offer an olive branch. You heard it hear first.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a toss-up between Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Hendrix, because I would like to have seen where he was going next, musically. Vaugn, because he had only recently got himself sobered up, and when he did it seemed to add a whole new edge to his sound, and just like that, exit stage left. He was robbed.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Yeah I miss APC I don't think they're totally gone.
Howerdel has been quoted saying theres more material. It sounds like they're waiting on Maynard who been busy not making the Tool album for the last half decade. The band has been pretty vocal about their frustrations with him spending time on Tool, Puscifer, and his stupid winery and APC falling by the wayside.
Hopefully the new Tool album will drop this year cause its been almost 10 years since 10,000 days and he'll get back to APC. Tool and APC are on my concert bucket list but they never come to the east coast drives me crazy.

Yeah Billy has been quoted saying he had about 75% of another album written (although not yet reviewed/approved by Maynard) a couple years ago. Problem is, from what I've gathered, is Maynard wants to make singles because it makes more sense financially because so many people just buy single songs off the itoonz now. Billy wants to keep making full albums, and that's what the hardcore fans want too. They don't want to use a label (and I don't blame them at all, I wouldn't either), but they don't want to throw down hundreds of thousands to record a full album. I hope they can find a way to make it happen.

Very excited about the new Tool! They're finishing it up right now. Maybe that will spark something in Maynard to get back to APC.

sdoo500

Established Member
Origid Alice in Chains and Sublime. I've never loved music as I have with those two bands. Brad and Layne are legends

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Zeppelin, drummer passed away and Robert Plant refuses to reunite for tours.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I would want to go back in time and go to Woodstock!! That would be fine with me, you'd get to hear on the good stuff.

Jimmy play the Star Spangled Banner on his guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread