If you guys could see one thing covered on a SN95 in MM&FF, what would it be?

svtcobralover

Established Member
Just curious, if there were one or maybe several things you guys could see covered in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine, what would it be?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I also let my subscription run out about a year ago because I was getting bored with the content.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I stopped getting mmff in 2012 but I still liked it , just not enough to pay $15 a year and I couldn't find a better deal at the time. I actually have several years of old ones and would agree there used to be much more useful content. I go through and mark the 96-98 cars or vortech stuff for future reference lol

They have done a lot with the dohc 4.6 engine tho, I would recommend they start with a 96-98 cobra with a built engine, and from there they upgrade the trans and rear end to handle power and stay on a budget (maybe cover a few entirely different options and price ranges to try to apply to most ppl). Usually their projects start off as a typical used car find, nothing special, then they spend $18,000 in parts and say "look how easy this is...."

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
how about a full article on sheet metal intakes and making one that actually works for a fairly mild setup. dyno it vs a short runner modded stocker. i feel theres gains to be had in that area.

maybe that or detail a "common sense" low 12 sec n/a mod approach with a $3000 limit, using REAL WORLD AVG prices for mods and installs.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
There aren't many things that haven't been covered by both MM&FF and the 5.0. Here are my suggestions:

1) One article that may provide some useful information is a C head swap with before and after dyno/track results. PI swap articles were in every magazine, why not C head swaps?

2) Another would be a budget 5.4 swap (stock longblock, mach or coyote intake and cams that use stock springs).

3) A bolt-on drag race setup that details the mods and what they offer in the terms of ET reduction and MPH gain.

Coyote swaps, superchargers, turbos and engine dyno testing have been done. The last time any B head engine articles were written was years ago with Superfly.

I think mods that provide good bang-for-the-buck should be highlighted. I understand how advertisers can help offset the cost of these projects but not everyone has a huge amount of expendable cash. Except for a few, most of the people I deal with are in their early 20s and just starting families.

Just some thoughts...

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
how about a full article on sheet metal intakes and making one that actually works for a fairly mild setup. dyno it vs a short runner modded stocker. i feel theres gains to be had in that area.

maybe that or detail a "common sense" low 12 sec n/a mod approach with a $3000 limit, using REAL WORLD AVG prices for mods and installs.

You talk about sheetmetal intakes and then a $3000 limit. I know of no sheetmetal intakes that work which cost less than $3000.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I buy my subscriptions to it for $4 a year.. I have 4 years worth. Definitely worth the price to look at the ads while I'm shitting my brains out all the time

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Yeah i dont even subscribe anymore, just look at it on a magazine rack. I see how many foxes, new edges, s197's, coyotes, and gt500's vs sn95's before i buy it. I would like to see a full on KB 2.1 dyno. Last time it was that little 1.5, that was claimed to be making over 500hp.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
There aren't many things that haven't been covered by both MM&FF and the 5.0. Here are my suggestions:

1) One article that may provide some useful information is a C head swap with before and after dyno/track results. PI swap articles were in every magazine, why not C head swaps?

2) Another would be a budget 5.4 swap (stock longblock, mach or coyote intake and cams that use stock springs).

3) A bolt-on drag race setup that details the mods and what they offer in the terms of ET reduction and MPH gain.

Coyote swaps, superchargers, turbos and engine dyno testing have been done. The last time any B head engine articles were written was years ago with Superfly.

I think mods that provide good bang-for-the-buck should be highlighted. I understand how advertisers can help offset the cost of these projects but not everyone has a huge amount of expendable cash. Except for a few, most of the people I deal with are in their early 20s and just starting families.

Just some thoughts...

+1 on the above ^^^^^^.
especially 1, 2 and the expendable cash best bang for the buck section. I don't fall into the early 20 group, but for some of us, expendable cash stays a problem.

brucesvt

Established Member
I actually just now let my subscription run out because it was getting a little stale.

same here. got tired of seeing the same thing over and over. The interesting projects was project "shake and bake"(the blue mach 1) and last year when the Yellow mach 1 got the IRS.

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I still subscribe, but the magazine has way too much coverage of newer Mustangs. Profiling awesome builds is great, but how about profiling some budget builds - those that did the work themselves/had a tight budget/etc. Do stories on the Mustang autocross scene as well. They could profile the racers and their suspension set-ups...and of course more tits and ass is always welcome too ;-)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd like to see my car covered in there lol.. naturally ;)

But seriously a car that is a American Iron build or a open track build

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
I also agree on the large content of the newer Mustangs and less and less on the older ones. seems sn95's historically got even less for some reason.

I think that more and better coverage of the larger car shows would attract more attention. usually there is a brief mention about them somewhere. even when covering the NMRA events, very little on the car shows that are held with the races are listed.

as we all know, people love to see their cars in the magazine and I am quite sure there are more people attending car shows with their cars than are racing them in the larger events that are covered in magazines. that would allow people to see their cars, recognize winners etc which is rarely even listed. I think it is an accomplishment to attend a large car show and walk away with a trophy, particularly a "Best of" trophy. I think that would attract people to the magazine more. You can pretty much find out anything you want to know and learn about on the net so as time goes on, the net is going to lure people from subscribing. seeing their car in the magazine goes a long way to people wanting to purchase it.

Users who are viewing this thread