If you want one, you better act fast!

46-062

Established Member
Dude, it doesnt look like you are in the car business and actually know what goes on at a dealer. SO its OK to rape the customer at all costs. Thats what happens at most dealers "for the most part". Some are decent but not most. Ive been in the car business for about 20 years and I damn sure know what goes on. Im not giving a dealer more than what the F-ing car is worth because I know they gouge and rape as much as possible. If it means not ending up with the car, then so be it.

Dont even get me started on "black book" trade in values. Thats another big scam. A CUSTOMER trade in at a dealer is NOT a wholesale or auction!!!!! But they give you wholesale or auction prices and say your car is in "fair" condition even if its like F-ing new!!!!

Dude, you don't know what businesses I'm in. I do seem to recall selling a bunch of new Porsches, VWs, and Audis.

The fact remains, the cars belong to the dealers and they can charge whatever they want. If one person is willing to pay $5,000 more than you, then he gets the car. Don't give me any of your two-faced bullshit. You'd sell anything you own to the highest bidder.

As long as anybody is willing to pay more, the car's selling for over MSRP.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Dude, you don't know what businesses I'm in. I do seem to recall selling a bunch of new Porsches, VWs, and Audis.

The fact remains, the cars belong to the dealers and they can charge whatever they want. If one person is willing to pay $5,000 more than you, then he gets the car. Don't give me any of your two-faced bullshit. You'd sell anything you own to the highest bidder.

As long as anybody is willing to pay more, the car's selling for over MSRP.

Yep, its the dealers right to do what they want but its wrong in every way. I know how much dealers make. Been in that business for near 20 years. If somebody is willing to pay them more than the car is worth then hey, go for it but its not going to be me. Have fun throwning your money at a dealer that doesnt deserve it. ADM's are bull shit plain and simple.

hmm. i think you're the first one who's mentioned trying to get a silver one.

I like silver. :)

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
glad this calmed down..lol Hi Chris!....yea we use " dealer cash " to make a deal with a
" real " customer.... just got my allocation for these damn cars.....3 ...really sucks..
i have 12 people who want the car.....cupboard will be bare..

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Hey guys. Quick question. I dont think I can do MSRP so I was wondering at what point did the '07's or '11's start to go down from ADM or MSRP? Im ok with not paying invoice, but after talking it over with the wife, I dont think I can pay full price for a car. Thanks.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Hey guys. Quick question. I dont think I can do MSRP so I was wondering at what point did the '07's or '11's start to go down from ADM or MSRP? Im ok with not paying invoice, but after talking it over with the wife, I dont think I can pay full price for a car. Thanks.

Good question, there is still a 2012 here on the lot with an ADM on it and they wont budge on that price. I guess they want the car to stay on the lot another year???

BUT, every other dealer around me that had a 2012 on the lot sold them for X or A plans to get them off the lot. I missed that opportuninty wasting my time on trying for a 2013 at a FAIR price.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Quick search of auto trader shows alot of new '12s and some low mileage '11s out there for relatively low prices.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Good question, there is still a 2012 here on the lot with an ADM on it and they wont budge on that price. I guess they want the car to stay on the lot another year???

BUT, every other dealer around me that had a 2012 on the lot sold them for X or A plans to get them off the lot. I missed that opportuninty wasting my time on trying for a 2013 at a FAIR price.

I originally was going to purchase a '12 but after reading up on the '13s, I dont know if I will be happy. I have about 12 dealers willing to sell me a 12 for invoice but I think Im going with the '13 all the way now. I was just wondering when we will see a dealer willing to let us purchase or order one for $1500-$2000 under MSRP. I can live with that. Thanks for the feedback guys.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I originally was going to purchase a '12 but after reading up on the '13s, I dont know if I will be happy. I have about 12 dealers willing to sell me a 12 for invoice but I think Im going with the '13 all the way now. I was just wondering when we will see a dealer willing to let us purchase or order one for $1500-$2000 under MSRP. I can live with that. Thanks for the feedback guys.

There have been a few 2013's that have sold for under invoice. I guess you just have to call about 100 dealers to find that deal.

So far the 20+ dealers I have called within 2-300 miles from me dont want to make that deal. They dont even want to make an MSRP deal. 2 are still thinking about it and im waiting for a call.

Several of them dont even want to deal with a customer order and are only ordering allocations that they want. FULLY LOADED WITH EVERYTHING.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
There have been a few 2013's that have sold for under invoice. I guess you just have to call about 100 dealers to find that deal.

So far the 20+ dealers I have called within 2-300 miles from me dont want to make that deal. They dont even want to make an MSRP deal. 2 are still thinking about it and im waiting for a call.

Several of them dont even want to deal with a customer order and are only ordering allocations that they want. FULLY LOADED WITH EVERYTHING.

Yeah man Im getting the same thing. I was able to find one that will do MSRP but they want a $5000 deposit. That was a bit extreme IMO though. Most dealers are also telling me that they will only be getting 1 or 2 for the entire year even though it's not a "limited" production car. Maybe around January they will be coming down in price? I can be patient but I dont want to be.

46-062

Established Member
Yep, its the dealers right to do what they want but its wrong in every way. I know how much dealers make. Been in that business for near 20 years. If somebody is willing to pay them more than the car is worth then hey, go for it but its not going to be me. Have fun throwning your money at a dealer that doesnt deserve it. ADM's are bull shit plain and simple.

I don't know if you suffer from ignorance, stupidity or both. I never wrote that I am a willing buyer at any given price.

Explain to me how selling anything to the highest bidder is wrong in every way. Dealers are doing the very same thing as every private seller. Last week, I found a pair of brand new in the box never worn Ray Ban RB50 23k Generals from 1987 in a storage box. I bought them for $90 in 1987. They sell for $700 - $800 today.

Now, I face the the moral dilemma of selling at market price or doing the right thing and asking less. What do you think is a morally correct asking price? Is $125 OK? Is $135 too much? Do I need to call my Priest for guidance? If I sell them where the supply and demand curves meet, will I need to go to Confession?

Tell me, you self-righteous arbiter of what is fair, how many times in your 20 years of selling cars have you sold a vehicle to the person willing to pay less?

Let's see. The market seems to be waaay up there, and you're a willing buyer somewhere down there. Those bastards!

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I don't know if you suffer from ignorance, stupidity or both. I never wrote that I am a willing buyer at any given price.

Explain to me how selling anything to the highest bidder is wrong in every way. Dealers are doing the very same thing as every private seller. Last week, I found a pair of brand new in the box never worn Ray Ban RB50 23k Generals from 1987 in a storage box. I bought them for $90 in 1987. They sell for $700 - $800 today.

Now, I face the the moral dilemma of selling at market price or doing the right thing and asking less. What do you think is a morally correct asking price? Is $125 OK? Is $135 too much? Do I need to call my Priest for guidance? If I sell them where the supply and demand curves meet, will I need to go to Confession?

Tell me, you self-righteous arbiter of what is fair, how many times in your 20 years of selling cars have you sold a vehicle to the person willing to pay less?

Who are you? And your arguement is stupid. Let's use your Ray Ban example.

You have a pair of these which I am assuming given the brand and how old they are, that finding a mint pair is rare, so you are talking a limted supply of something. Some would consider it's age and so it might be somewhat of a collectors items.

So selling for the market price of $700-$800 is fine. But if you wanted to charge $1,500, just because you knew you could get it, yeah that would be pretty messed up, but guess what AS A NON COMMERCIAL SELLER you can. That's all up to you. And if someone pays it, then good for you and stupid of them.

The dealers are not offering something rare or limited when selling these 2013s. And MSRP could basically be considered the "market value" of the car. So with so many being built, it's completely stupid for a dealer to charge any ADMs and it's stupid of any buyer to pay one.

But, that doesn't mean they can't and clearly we see that the dealers will. And as always, there will be stupid people who pay the ADM.

Mford

Okay I'll jump in this Fire storm.

I'm confused as to why some of the people here are taking it upon themselves to say what a "fair" price or profit is for this vehicle? Are you posting from the oval office?

I don't care what you're talking about Cobra's, Trucks, Tools, Collectibles, Cats, Widgets who cares it's nothing more than a free market SUPPLY and DEMAND, just a commodity.

Why should a dealer sell to you for what YOU think is "fair" if he has 2,3,5 other people fully aware and WILLING to pay more? Somebody please answer me this logically? PLEASE!

Would you sell your house, car, bike to me for what I thought was "fair" if you had 2 other people lined up to pay more, absolutely not and I would expect you to so why should a dealer?

Yeah it sucks for the consumer, but its life? If the dealer wants to mark up and take his chances he'll either make or he wont, free market you DONT have to buy from him!

And for the record most not all but most new vehicle departments lose money as a whole. Not dealerships but the new vehicle department its self. Believe it or not that is straight from NADA. Does that mean there aren't bad dealers out there nope, there are many like any business, does that mean their all bad nope.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I agree that the dealer can ask whatever he wants for his vehicles. But I have bought 5 high end Ford trucks and mustangs from my dealer in the last 12 years, had all my servicing and repairs done by them, spent a ton of money there. I went to order my 2013 GT 500, and he tells me that he is asking $5000.00 over MSRP, but since I am a longtime customer, he will charge me $2500 over MSRP. Guess what? I have a new dealer now! Now you tell me was it worth losing a valuable customer over $2500 ADM fee? I know Dealers make far more money on service, financing, parts than they make on new car sales.
I will never step foot in that dealer again!

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
The " first " and in some cases " only " unit dealers may get have contributed $2,000.00
to Ford for the " marketing " costs. We were already billed it, if this dealer sells his one and only unit, he would make $500.00 over MSRP. But, you would be have been getting
potentially the only car he could get from Ford for 2013. The old fee was $1000.00
and if a dealer got 6 cars like we did we sorta spread it through the units $166.00 per car surcharge so it was not significant...

R1Lello

Established Member
I agree that the dealer can ask whatever he wants for his vehicles. But I have bought 5 high end Ford trucks and mustangs from my dealer in the last 12 years, had all my servicing and repairs done by them, spent a ton of money there. I went to order my 2013 GT 500, and he tells me that he is asking $5000.00 over MSRP, but since I am a longtime customer, he will charge me $2500 over MSRP. Guess what? I have a new dealer now! Now you tell me was it worth losing a valuable customer over $2500 ADM fee? I know Dealers make far more money on service, financing, parts than they make on new car sales.
I will never step foot in that dealer again!

...unless you told the owner(s) that you will no longer do business there after your many purchases, the sales and even the manager don't give two craps.........so tell the owner:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread