I'm NOT getting a GT350

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
So I ordered a 2017 GT350 back in May.

Ruby red, black roof, no stripes. Electronics package. $60,960

Was going to pay sticker, no trade, put half down and finance the rest.

End of July got my VIN, then a build date of August 8th, with an eta to the dealer of August 26.

First week of September comes, no big deal, just a few days late.

Weeks start going by, dealer says oh it's on the next train, oh they haven't unloaded it yet.
More time goes by, oh it went to the wrong rail yard, they have to reload it and get it to the right rail yard.

More weeks go by, oh it wasn't on that train, it will be on the next one.

Tonight dealer calls, has bad news. My car is still at the plant in Michigan, it never made the train!!!

I told him forget it i don't want it. With every day that went by I became more and more convinced something was wrong with the car, that I would be paranoid once it came in that something was wrong even if I couldn't find anything. He completely understood, he had no choice since I hadn't signed any paperwork or put any money down.

I told him I'll order one in january or February and get it for the spring.

At first I was bullshit, but I'm completely calm and convinced I'm doing the right thing by cancelling it. I want a can I can enjoy, not one I'm constantly worried about.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ask for the vehicle visibility sheet.

likuid_inc

Established Member
Cancel the order, and then watch all of a sudden he finds you one for you. But not for nothing, they are selling these cars for 40k over MSRP. I dont know how they get away with it, but everybody wants this car right now and they are paying it. I would rather wait for a few years and but it used for 40. Good luck though, and stick with your gut!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cancel the order, and then watch all of a sudden he finds you one for you. But not for nothing, they are selling these cars for 40k over MSRP. I dont know how they get away with it, but everybody wants this car right now and they are paying it. I would rather wait for a few years and but it used for 40. Good luck though, and stick with your gut!
$40k over for a GT350? I want some of what you're smoking.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Dealer probably sold your car for way over MSRP then gave you the run around trying to find another one.

Oh and I work for the railroad spotting auto racks. The rack trains come in every 12 hours in my yard so if it did "miss the train" you're talking a delay of a day or two not weeks.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dealer probably sold your car for way over MSRP then gave you the run around trying to find another one.

Oh and I work for the railroad spotting auto racks. The rack trains come in every 12 hours in my yard so if it did "miss the train" you're talking a delay of a day or two not weeks.
Not necessarily.

Dave just ask the dealer for the Vehicle Visibility report. That should explain a lot.

likuid_inc

Established Member
$40k over for a GT350? I want some of what you're smoking.

Yeah man, it's supply and demand I guess. Try going to a stealership and getting one right now for MSRP, good luck. I woudln't even pay asking price for it but then again I dont have the $60k to spend as play money. They were doing the same price inflation with the hellcat when it came out initially especially here in NY

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah man, it's supply and demand I guess. Try going to a stealership and getting one right now for MSRP, good luck. I woudln't even pay asking price for it but then again I dont have the $60k to spend as play money. They were doing the same price inflation with the hellcat when it came out initially especially here in NY
....I have 2, I'll sell either of them to you or anyone on this site for MSRP.

$40k over for a GT350? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Zemedici

Established Member
....I have 2, I'll sell either of them to you or anyone on this site for MSRP.

$40k over for a GT350? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Find it amusing that all these guys have so much firsthand experience at dealers....yet we've got more than most on the site :D

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

Dealership is 10 minutes from my house, I've done business with them for 23 years.

I've been by there almost every other day the past few weeks, they've sold 3 already, mine was supposed to be the first '17.

I highly doubt it came in and was sold and I would have missed it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's crazy, I bought mine for MSRP. Plenty available for MSRP these days.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Ok tough guy. http://50yearsofmustang.com/2015/12/stealership-adds-70k-markup-to-2015-shelby-gt350-mustang/ http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/01/21/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-demand-pushing-up-prices/ . These are just 2 quick sites, if you can read you should check these out. Do a little research before opening your fat mouth, good luck with your sales.
That's in late 2015..

If you wanted one for MSRP there's well over a dozen on autotrader.

That's where I found mine, 5 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok tough guy. http://50yearsofmustang.com/2015/12/stealership-adds-70k-markup-to-2015-shelby-gt350-mustang/ http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/01/21/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-demand-pushing-up-prices/ . These are just 2 quick sites, if you can read you should check these out. Do a little research before opening your fat mouth, good luck with your sales.
That's also a 2015 GT350...1 of 100.

Who's being a tough guy? You're just being a spewer of incorrect information, guy.

Users who are viewing this thread