I'm NOT getting a GT350

Helmet

Established Member
Dealership is 10 minutes from my house, I've done business with them for 23 years.

I've been by there almost every other day the past few weeks, they've sold 3 already, mine was supposed to be the first '17.

I highly doubt it came in and was sold and I would have missed it.

Call Ford Performance give them your VIN and they can give you the info they have

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like this dealer has really screwed up/around with this deal. I hope you are able to report what REALLY happened in this scenario. I will say this, on my 14 it took two months to arrive after it was built. I was going nuts and trying to trace it and it sat at the lot in Michigan for over 30 days. Then it got lost in the rail system for 2-3 weeks. It was at my local yard for over a week. I was concerned it was damaged and getting fixed, but it was all good as best I can tell.

Still sucks!

Tom

blue 07

Established Member
So I ordered a 2017 GT350 back in May.

Ruby red, black roof, no stripes. Electronics package. $60,960

Was going to pay sticker, no trade, put half down and finance the rest.

End of July got my VIN, then a build date of August 8th, with an eta to the dealer of August 26.

First week of September comes, no big deal, just a few days late.

Weeks start going by, dealer says oh it's on the next train, oh they haven't unloaded it yet.
More time goes by, oh it went to the wrong rail yard, they have to reload it and get it to the right rail yard.

More weeks go by, oh it wasn't on that train, it will be on the next one.

Tonight dealer calls, has bad news. My car is still at the plant in Michigan, it never made the train!!!

I told him forget it i don't want it. With every day that went by I became more and more convinced something was wrong with the car, that I would be paranoid once it came in that something was wrong even if I couldn't find anything. He completely understood, he had no choice since I hadn't signed any paperwork or put any money down.

I told him I'll order one in january or February and get it for the spring.

At first I was bullshit, but I'm completely calm and convinced I'm doing the right thing by cancelling it. I want a can I can enjoy, not one I'm constantly worried about.
First of all that sucks. Second of all, I cover over 80 Ford dealers in the northeast for the last 22 years for the company I work for (an affiliate of Ford Motor Co.) so I am very familiar how things work at dealerships, send me a pm and I will help you out. I might even cover the dealership you are dealing with and if you don't want to deal with them, I'll hook you up with someone who will be glad to help you out.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
absolutely. See the dude at C&O last weekend that towed his up there? Had the sticker on it, and a $25,000 ADM....

If you were there I was in the black SRT8 Jeep that was Cammed / Procharged

I hit a metal object with my mustang on the way to C&O and messed up the front bumper and took a small chip out of my quarter panel. I wa so pissed I turned around and went home. This was my first time going to that event.

nickf2005

Established Member
Not sure why, but I'm intrigued by this. Subbing.

Hopefully, you'll find a dealership early next year that will actually get you a car to enjoy.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Maybe reported sold because they sold it to someone else at ++++MSRP... It has happened to me in the past. Dealerships are scumbags!!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have feelers out on this. Might hear back Monday as Ford is dealing with the hurricane issues at their regional offices.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
RacerX , I don't believe that happened, im recieving email surveys from ford about my "new" GT350, and the other day I got a letter in the Mail from Sirius XM explaining the features of my new GT350, stating that the 6 month trial period runs from September 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017. This letter also had the VIN of the car I supposedly got.

Last edited:

Tank5879

Established Member
Dave, it sucks this is all happening. Hope it all gets resolved!

Colleton

Established Member
Such an unhappy tale. I feel for you and think you did the right thing by walking away.

Best of luck, hope you get one soon.

Helmet

Established Member
....why in the world would they report it sold? That means your warranty date started on the day it was reported.

The warranty doesn't start until the owner takes delivery. Also not sure but I believe that your Sirius XM trial doesn't start until you register with them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The warranty doesn't start until the owner takes delivery. Also not sure but I believe that your Sirius XM trial doesn't start until you register with them.
Both the warranty and Sirius start when it's reported sold.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
RacerX , I don't believe that happened, im recieving email surveys from ford about my "new" GT350, and the other day I got a letter in the Mail from Sirius XM explaining the features of my new GT350, stating that the 6 month trial period runs from September 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017. This letter also had the VIN of the car I supposedly got.
Wow... That is very bizarre... I have had two times a dealer sold a car out from under me for more money and tried to cover it up. I hope you eventually get a GT350....

Zemedici

Established Member

not correct. When the vehicle's reported sold the warranty starts then, as does XM.

Users who are viewing this thread