Impractical V8 daily driver suggestions needed

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What about one of those Lexus SC300 or 400? The motor in the 300 is the same six cylinder they had in the Supras. So could definitely be built up. The 400 had a great V8. Well built reliability from Lexus. Can definitely be had for under 10k.

GS/SC 2JZ cars can be had for under $1,500. Most are best piles. $10k should buy an already modified turbo example.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Just depends on the area, what is fast. I run into 650+whp cars every single day.

Well no shit, half of them probably came out of your shop!

That being said, a marauder is like driving around a sofa, what more could you ask For? Fantastic daily.

Fast? Meh.

Comfy? Absolutely.

Put in a good stereo and cruise!

Hey don't forget about the one injected put together, some of them might even qualify as "decently quick" around these parts. One was running consistent 10.50-10.60's at Drag Week this year.

The prices arent really falling, man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

They've already hit rock bottom, pretty much worthless at this point.

Zemedici

Established Member

Hey don't forget about the one injected put together, some of them might even qualify as "decently quick" around these parts. One was running consistent 10.50-10.60's at Drag Week this year.

Black one? Cop wheels? Or OEMs?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Since you have already enjoyed the reliability and comfort of Acura , how about a Tl S type .
I just bought a Tl base model , no nav , buy boy is it a nice ride with plenty of features and power .

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Black one? Cop wheels? Or OEMs?

OE wheels, did you guys build two?

DSC_6402-X3.jpg

Since you have already enjoyed the reliability and comfort of Acura , how about a Tl S type .
I just bought a Tl base model , no nav , buy boy is it a nice ride with plenty of features and power .

I looked into the type-s a bit, people who own them are very proud of them. Anything remotely close to 100k miles or under is north of 15 grand. A lot of them are also well over 150k miles.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Guess you are on the wrong area , 6 speed manual with around 100k are about 10k here .
I am flipping my 05 base , to barter up for an S type , manual in either black or pearl white with black interior .

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I just looked around - clean low mileage Marauders are going for 15-20k. That's a lot of money for a 4v Crown Vic. I'm sure you could Coyote swap a Town Car for less and be way faster.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Two in my area for 5300 and 5700

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Like I said, rock bottom

A 105k mile one just went live on the marauder forum for 8500 bucks. Another one is up, 118k miles for 7 grand, one owner florida car.

Hell I've seen supercharged ones in the 8-10 grand range

I just looked around - clean low mileage Marauders are going for 15-20k. That's a lot of money for a 4v Crown Vic. I'm sure you could Coyote swap a Town Car for less and be way faster.

I don't disagree with your theory, but you should look at what the prices on 03+ town cars are thanks to livery companies who are still buying them up. I explored this avenue with a friend but it was deemed not worth it due to cost.

If going down that avenue I'd rather just buy a high mile car for cheap and do whatever. Which is exactly what this guy did

Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

IIRC this made 668rwhp and 727rwtq which is pretty damn good for a F150 based coyote and on3 turbo.

20160408_122222_zps5ra3nvj3.jpg

But this is pushing into project car territory by far

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Having ridden in a fairly stockish Marauder, I was throughly impressed with how fun it was and the guy driving wasn't going even close to all out.

It is definitely on my list to add to my collection.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

jmsa540

Established Member

You think so? Mine books for 8k

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
76 Caddilac ElDorado convertible. They can be had for 6K and so you have room to add nav/infotainment. Just need to buy a Huggie Bear ensamble(Starsky and Hutch reference).

Users who are viewing this thread