In what order should I install these parts?

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
So These are the parts I have ordered while I was on deployment and are waiting for me to install when I get back:

- Energy Suspension HyperFlex Polyurethane Motor Mounts
- Kooks 1 3/4" x 1 7/8" Stepped Headers w/3" Collector
- Kooks 3" Inlet w/3" Tubing 2.5" Outlet Offroad XPipe
- Lethal Performance SN95 Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System w/ 105lb inj
- Spec Clutch Kit (Stage 3+) 26 Spline
- Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft for T-56/Throw out Bearing/Retainer sleeve
- FTBR Delrin Complete IRS bushing replacement kit

I am not sure which order to install these. Should I install headers when I do the motor mounts?
Would having the Trans out at the same time be better for Header installation? You get the idea.

I think it should be: Trans Spline and Clutch, (reinstall trans) Header/X-pipe and motor mounts
(raise engine to remove mounts and then install headers), FTBR Delrin Kit, and Return fuel system.

A little about my car: I have stock K member and stock clutch.
No other major upgrades other than the 3.4 Whipple.

I have been dreaming of getting all this installed for over 6 months and realized how much stuff I have to install!! alot of work ahead!

What do you guys think?:shrug:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!

or

I would personally have the 26 spline input shaft and clutch done at the same time since the tranny has to come out for either of those two. After you have the tranny back in place I would install the headers followed by the motor mounts since it will actually give you a little bit of extra room to have the mounts off while doing the header install.

As for the triple pump hat and FTBR kit I would knock those two out at the same time, remove the IRS and followed by the fuel tank.

Ironhand

Banned
Put the car up on stands and do it all at once. You can knock out the exhaust, motor mounts, and clutch at the same time since you will be working in that area anyways. Plus you will be under the car and can route the fuel lines and drop the tank as well.

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Like always...I love the wealth of knowledge on this forum! This forum ROCKS!

Thanks for the Inputs! I will take pics and post to let you all know how it goes. I expect it to take a while but I will put it on stands and work on it as I can.

All complete I hope to be running on E85 and putting up numbers in the 700's. :rockon:

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
UPDATE: FULL build

I wanted to share with you all my build pics and dyno run. Bought this car at just under 600hp with a whipple on it. did all the upgrades above and I am soon to crack the 700HP club on E85.

I had some hiccups along the way but as you see I don't post a lot. I READ just about every post on this forum. I bought this car with very little knowledge of these cars and mediocre mechanic skills.

I finished this job with help from you all and only posted 2-3 questions. 2 of which were answered by another thread. Bottom line... this forum ROCKS!!!
:rockon:

This is my thank you to you all! :beer:

ENJOY!
http://youtu.be/0NvRmDIOO9I

I recently upgraded my Alternator pulley to a 3.2" and my whipple pulley to a 3". I should be in the 700HP club :burnout: now and will post when I can.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Really liked the video.

You put a ton of work into your car. Now it's time to enjoy it and take that kid for a ride.

How long did all the work take you?

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Really liked the video.

You put a ton of work into your car. Now it's time to enjoy it and take that kid for a ride.

How long did all the work take you?

I took off from work for about 16 days after deployment and still had the headers left. all said and done it totaled about 23 days of 8 hours or more, by myself! The wife put the support "box" under my IRS while I lifted it. other than that I was on my own. well I had my friend Corona!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread