In With The New, Shelby Replaced With A Vantage!

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the car could use some low end torque but it surprises me at how much it starts to pull above 5k. i am not 100% on even doing aftermarket wheels yet but after some thought i do agree that a brushed finish will go best.

as for the ride, it is much more stiff and responsive when compared to the shelby. driving around houston you will definitely find bad roads and it actually fares well on them however i did manage to rub the bottom of the front bumper for the first time yesterday:nonono: it is ok by me though because i will never be confused with the guy that babies his car, they are meant to be driven. oddly enough today i had a guy come up to me and ask if i played any professional sports, i chuckled....

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
the car could use some low end torque but it surprises me at how much it starts to pull above 5k. i am not 100% on even doing aftermarket wheels yet but after some thought i do agree that a brushed finish will go best.

as for the ride, it is much more stiff and responsive when compared to the shelby. driving around houston you will definitely find bad roads and it actually fares well on them however i did manage to rub the bottom of the front bumper for the first time yesterday:nonono: it is ok by me though because i will never be confused with the guy that babies his car, they are meant to be driven. oddly enough today i had a guy come up to me and ask if i played any professional sports, i chuckled....
IMO - it's gonna be hard to do better than the stockers.. . The wheels you have on there is pimp. .:coolman:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
oh, the question on the motor and other similarities. the engine is a stroked jaguar engine and the car shares parts with land rover and volvo from what i can tell so far.

95_XB331

Established Member
That is the best car of their line, not big like a one-77 or DB9, incredibly nimble and raspy exhaust. I bet is rides like butter with an swift kick.

There's 2 that drive around here to/from work--just a incredible pieces of machinery. Would love to have one a V12 vantage, but the 8 will suffice. Someday...

Congrats. and enjoy.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
there is the v12 vantage, although i was disappointed to see it only is 500 hp it would still be a monster. in the adventure of founding out about this car i have found a supercharged version that is now making 525 in factory trim, when it is time to move i think i will stay in the vantage and get an 09 with the 4.7 but that car is still 120k+.

Users who are viewing this thread