In your opinion termi cobra or s197?

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
I have come down to a decision, the 94 cobra just isn't what I want, the ride isn't that good and the speed isn't all there either. Its a bone stock ride and I have decided it may be time to upgrade. Now I don't know whether to get a termi cobra for the speed or a s197 for the supposed silky ride. Any input??

Thanks
Tony

WTBMach1

Established Member
I vote for the S197, I think they look better WHEN the right body kit is applied. I love the saleen and eleanor packages.
I think it may also be because I dont like the 03/04 cobra front bumper, I never really have.
If youre happy with a mid 12s car then a S197 can get there NA

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you could just put a blower on your current ride. but if the ride doesnt do it for you, then that wont help it.

tough call. i really like both. but if i were to go S197 it would definitely be rocking a procharger or twin screw :rockon:

black 10th vert

Established Member
When I bought my '03 vert last fall, I could have gotten a new GT for around the same price, but I opted to go with the Terminator, since it is far more exclusive (especially a 10th), and way faster bone stock, with WAY more room for easy modification potential. For me there really was no choice. The car I ended up with only had around 12k miles, and was in showroom condition anyway, so I felt I made the right choice.

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
keep the 94, add a vortech and a built motor

I really would consider that but jesus I have had the worst luck with this car. I bought it broken with a set of trick flows on it. I didn't realize someone had done a PIH swap on it and have spent the better part of a year going back to stock. The computer is a super finiky piece. I thought about a kenne bell but I don't know of anyone I would trust with tuning the car. I have a tweecer rt but I'm just not sure of myself with it. Also I'm not sure the t-5 would appreciate me dumping an additional 8o hp on it LOL. 03/04 cobras are stock and ford has professional R and D people who work on this for a living, not a hobby in their backyard, no offense to anyone reading this who tunes.

03mgmcobra

Established Member
cobra all the way...that's what i did. now trying to sell my other two stangs ('96 and '87gts) to make cobra payments!
blower whine ftw!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
03/04 cobras are stock and ford has professional R and D people who work on this for a living
:lol1: :lol: Yeah but don't expect too much from them, I think there may have been too many kids fresh out of college working there.

Bottom line is which car has the looks you want? Both can be made fast, but the Term can be made a lot faster easier. You'll probably have less issues with the 197 though, they're pretty decent cars. Really depends upon what your priorities are.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
When I bought my '03 vert last fall, I could have gotten a new GT for around the same price, but I opted to go with the Terminator, since it is far more exclusive (especially a 10th), and way faster bone stock, with WAY more room for easy modification potential. For me there really was no choice. The car I ended up with only had around 12k miles, and was in showroom condition anyway, so I felt I made the right choice.

^^^ What he said!!! Terminator by far!!! :beer:

20psirabbit

Established Member
^^^ i agree as well, i paid $28.9k for my sonic blue vert a couple months ago, but it's mint, and i got it with 1,700 miles on it, could've bought a new one as well for the same coin.
here's the way i see it-
-the terminator has factory boost, already fast with easy upgrade potential, you can get in the 11s fairly easily
-IMHO the terminator looks way harder than the s197, the s197 looks good with a kit but to me the terminator looks mean as f**k out of the box
-i love the handling of the irs over the sra by far, it handles better and is more enjoyable to drive handling-wise, especially over rough roads where the sra is trying to get all over the place
-the terminator is a 2 year run, i like that i don't see a whole lot of my brethren running around, meanwhile i already see a lot of shelby gt500s and a million s197 GTs all over the place, i like having something a bit different than everyone else.
-and finally, i've noticed a lot of people assume my car is a 99-01 320hp car, they try to have a run and when they get destroyed they feel like an ass for forgetting that they made these cars with the eatons. even some local gm guys i've hung with have mentioned that as much as they love their f-body and it's fast, they'll admit that they don't want any of my car now as it is with intake and c/b exhaust, and that they know they don't have anything for me with a pulley and some more bolt-ons :)

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
You have to ask yourself what do you want in a car. Do you want speed or a modern, refined, comfortable Mustang build on a much improved chassis. Figure which ones looks you prefer, etc. The new Mustangs are nice, but their a little too civilized for my taste of what I want in a Muscle car. I think the best thing for you to do is to test drive them both, and see which one is for you, as only you can ultimately deside what you really want.

I imagen posting this in the Terminator section that thats what your really wanting. ;-)

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
S197's are definetly more refined than a Terminator. The chasis is way better and although kinda cheesy, the interior is a better fit IMO. But of course, i bought a terminator instead of a new mustang so what does that tell ya:burnout:

WTBMach1

Established Member
S197's are definetly more refined than a Terminator. The chasis is way better and although kinda cheesy, the interior is a better fit IMO. But of course, i bought a terminator instead of a new mustang so what does that tell ya:burnout:

Tells me you wanted piss fast car :banana:

Now what if the GTs came with a forged motor and a saleen charger on top of that and you could pick one up for $32,000 brand new would you take it over the terminator?

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
Go for the Cobra, limited production and endless capabilities. I love mine, it's such a nice car to drive, once you get rid of the stock clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread