Instal day is booked for my 03 cobra:)

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Finally taking my girl In to get these long awaited mods installed! All parts will be installed on July 21 and dyno will either happen that afternoon or the morning of the 22nd. As of now the car has just over 11000 miles. Only mods right now is the MGW short throw and Bassani exhaust from the manifolds back x pipe.
Throw some numbers out there for HP/TQ and let's see who's the closest!
Mods are pictures below
28A6575B-023B-43D9-A140-4F52DD8D39D9_zpsb2cuzkju.gif

1) JLT Cobra cold air intake
2) lower crankshaft pulley kit #8 lbs
3) alternator pulley 3.70"
4) Diablo predator tuner
Metco complete 5 piece single bearing billet idler pulley kit for 03-04 Cobra. Snub bracket with 3-100mm and 1-90mm idlers

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! Please tell me your installing this stuff yourself!?!? Are you running stock upper? If so curious to know why you went with a lower instead of a upper?

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Nice! Please tell me your installing this stuff yourself!?!? Are you running stock upper? If so curious to know why you went with a lower instead of a upper?

I'm going to do all myself except the lower crank pulley, (I'll see how the other pulleys go) I think that's a bit to advanced for me. I went with the lower because I was worried about belt slippage and I was happy with the results when I gad it done to my 02 lightning (sold now). However after much time spent on this forum I probably would of went a different route with what I know now on pulleys (bought it before I came across this place)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to do all myself except the lower crank pulley, (I'll see how the other pulleys go) I think that's a bit to advanced for me. I went with the lower because I was worried about belt slippage and I was happy with the results when I gad it done to my 02 lightning (sold now). However after much time spent on this forum I probably would of went a different route with what I know now on pulleys (bought it before I came across this place)

Ok, I just hate the looks of that big donut on the supercharger lol, but it's not my car! With proper belt and those metco idlers you won't have to worry about any belt slip with a 2.76 or 2.8 pulley.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
On 93 octane, I'm guessing 465rwhp and 485rwtq. Assuming a good tune.

maverick0817

Established Member
My car with a 2.8 upper, jlt Ram air, off road prochamber and flowmaster catback made 461 WHP and 475 torque. Car has a mail order tune from VMP.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I too am little confused because I don't think a 100 or even a 90 snub idler can fit with the stock 3.65 upper pulley

if not too late, I'd say return the lower/alt pulley and get a 2.80 upper using with those idlers for similar results! these are a little different than lightnings in that the lowers are good, but not really necessary

460/460 and a whole lot of fun. car looks beautiful btw. best of luck with it

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I too am little confused because I don't think a 100 or even a 90 snub idler can fit with the stock 3.65 upper pulley

if not too late, I'd say return the lower/alt pulley and get a 2.80 upper using with those idlers for similar results! these are a little different than lightnings in that the lowers are good, but not really necessary

460/460 and a whole lot of fun. car looks beautiful btw. best of luck with it

I had Tim instal with the pulleys from zero2-60 in Calgary. I never received a call yesterday regarding any issues so I'm assuming it worked, but I will let you know once I talk to him today. Unfortunately it's to late, I bought the lower pulley way before finding out about this place. My knowledge on pulleys were very limited before coming here
Thanks for that, much appreciated. I'll post results when it's all done

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
#8 Lower??!! .... Better have some cooling mods! :)

I personally like a 2.76" / 4# Lower combo

I know lol. That seems to be the favoured combo for these cars. Unfortunately I bought the lower before countless hours spent reading on here. But yes cooling mods are on the list;)

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
....It's not to late to purchase a 4# "ring" only!!!!

That's true, I'm gonna play around with the 8 and see how I like it, but if I do decide to switch at least it'll be a easy swap. I should be ok in the boost range with the 8 and stock s/c from what I've been reading on here. A few members on here had no complaints with the 8 lower and stock upper but will see how it plays out:)

Users who are viewing this thread